Colin Hendry

Thought he was a bang average British centre back. Decent at defending long balls and crosses but ripped apart by pace and movement. Morocco at France 98 springs to mind.

By all accounts a complete cunt of a human being.

Made no mark on rangers at all. Amoroso, Gough, Cueller, Berg to name but a few were all much better players.

The big man was solid and you don't captain your country at a World Cup and captain Blackburn Rovers to the top-tier title in England without having something about you. Always gave 100% with no exceptions.

He's not had an easy time of things in life since, and that's putting it mildly, so all the very best to him.

But did we need to spend that money when we were doing ok , and our debt was mounting ?

I totally agree with your sentiments about him being solid , but it just seemed so unnecessary at that particular time.

I , too, hope things get better for him.

Henry was a similar player to big Marv, never top class, but brave and tough, willing to put his head where it hurts

I seem to remember him making a last ditch slide and ending up battering into the upright, possibly balls first