Could Be A Blessing In Disguise Not Getting Promoted

Tontospal

Promotion would probably have meant McCall as manager and some of the released players being given new contracts.

Even if Warburton had been appointed it would have been a tough introduction to Rangers and Scottish football in the SPFL.

As it stands he has a year to settle in and develop his footballing philosophy and infrastructure in the second tier which should give him a good chance to hit the ground running at the start of 2016/17.

Although taking nothing for granted I have every confidence we will win the title next season.

Most optimistic I have been for many seasons.

It's all ifs and buts.

king clearly has a vision for our club, and he is savvy enough to know that mccall did not represent the "best" in terms of managers, so I don't think he would have got the role regardless.

Equally, had we been promoted, given the sound bytes from king, I think we would have been chasing a significantly better quality of player than the last 3 years have dictated and I have no doubt we would have competed for a top 2 position this season.

Promotion would probably have meant McCall as manager and some of the released players being given new contracts.

Even if Warburton had been appointed it would have been a tough introduction to Rangers and Scottish football in the SPFL.

As it stands he has a year to settle in and develop his footballing philosophy and infrastructure in the second tier which should give him a good chance to hit the ground running at the start of 2016/17.

Although taking nothing for granted I have every confidence we will win the title next season.

I'm not sure whether it could be classed as a "blessing in disguise" but I certainly know what you mean by that statement. We will never know just how successful or otherwise Stuart McCall would have been with his own squad in place playing in the Premiership (or even in the Championship) but at least it will give us an inkling how Warburton will set out his teams by having a season in the lower league and also his selections regards signings fo the future.

Put another way....He can't be any worse than our previous couple of managers and if he hasn't got a far better squad at his disposal than the shite that has just been jettisoned then we are in deep trouble.

NO NO NO NO.

McColl was going at the end of the season regardless.

I was waiting for the "not being good enough to get out of the 2nd tier is a good thing" stuff now, not going up was a disaster and its the most embarrassing thats ever happened to us, our worst ever Season.

What it does is makes Mark Warburton's job a lot easier, he doesn't have them to contend with so it realistically buys him a year to get things in place but this is Rangers, the managers job shouldn't be easy, we should be competing against the best in Scotland and in Europe always

The longer we're out of the top tier the more chance we're marginalised as a club, perception is everything

Not going up was awful, and a culmination of 3yrs of mismanagement on and off the park. It wasn't in our interest, and the club, Rangers, should never of been in the position where it finishes 3rd in the 2nd tier.

However, if Warburton is the man we hope he will be, not being promoted gives him 2 possibly 3 seasons before he's expected to deliver an SPFL title. I believe the fans will be patient provided there is a sense the club is moving forwards.

The fans will never be patient.

Nah, I think Warburton would have built a youngish team in the top league, it all depends if this extra year makes it easier to win the SPL the following year, which I don't think it will.

But I do think W&W will build correctly, so I'm looking forward to getting back to watching a decent Rangers team

I wouldnt necessarily say its a blessing, but its over with now so im not sitting gutted about it either.

I dont think McCall would have got the job if we had got promoted. I dont think he had that much of a chance of getting it in the first place, I think King was smart to bring a Rangers man who was and is a good manager in for the end of the season, but I also doubt King had much intention of making him full time manager.

And i dont think it was the most shameful point in our history.

For the sake of the long term think the OP is correct. Had we gone up we would be panicking and scrambling a team together that probably wouldnt be ready, every game for us would be high tempo. You can be sure one of the first games would be away to the peados, they would just have been knocked out the CL qualifiers and the bheasts would be looking for blood to satisfy the foaming mouthed filth that follow them. Think this would all be a bit too much too soon for a new and inexperienced Rangers team.

The way its panned out there is less pressure and the new side can be brought along quietly and come the spring if its clicking into full gear and we are still in the cups who knows...