Rangers V Spurs

Heres a wee gem from 1989...

and a certain Paul Gascoigne being told where to go

Intresting comments from Mo Johnston in the post match interview.....Rangers won but why does wee chick dung keep pressing the kafflik button blatently hoping Johnston would bite but credit where is due he actually behaved like a Rangers player

Possibly my 1st game. Certainly the 1st I remember. I was 3 years old and always remember the crowd singing Fergie, Fergie and Ferguson and Gazza squaring up. Remembered that and the score. Cheers for posting ?

It was an edgy friendly as I remember it, with Ian Ferguson hassling Gazza the full game. I think Gazza gave it the old I've no idea who he is' garbage after the game.

I also remember one of their players (think it was Paul Walsh) getting wolf whistles for his long blond hair.

It is hard to believe just how things have changed since then.

For youngsters, to whom all this is ancient history, this must seem like another club to them.

I was fortunate to move back to Scotland in 1986, just in time to see the arrival of the Souness era, and the feeling I can tell you was of euphoria for the level to which we had climbed, and for which a huge amount was down to Graeme Souness.

It was stunning: the feeling of confidence, and the belief that we had giants amongst us was mind-blowing, especially having grown up in the era of the 70's, and early 80's when we were average at best, and garbage for way too long.

Unfortunately, to try to replicate this particular phase, too much money was spent, but the degree to which we have been battered iut of contention by our enemy has stunned even me.

I hope that when celtic die, I will feel as happy as those cunts have felt these last few years.

I throughly enjoyed watching that, cheers for posting!

Oh how I wish we were somewhere near that level again. SKY and the Champions League have ruined football.

Ian Ferguson is an absolute legend! Mo Jo was a great siging once you look beyond the 'crossing the divide' stuff. That interviewer just kept going on about it trying to get a headline, but Mo was every bit the Rangers player and was respectful.

Chick Young was a knob even back then!

The multi-colour seats at Ibrox were awesome - why did we get rid of them?

Oh how I wish we were somewhere near that level again. SKY and the Champions League have ruined football.

Ian Ferguson is an absolute legend! Mo Jo was a great siging once you look beyond the 'crossing the divide' stuff. That interviewer just kept going on about it trying to get a headline, but Mo was every bit the Rangers player and was respectful.

You have to hand it to Mo, looking back now, he had some guts to sign for us.

Great player for us too. Another I was disappointed we let leave without too much of a fight.

Blue sea of Ibrox mate.