Potential Starting 11 (As It Stands)

My Dad and I were talking yesterday and he thinks that there will be a number of signings coming through the door over the coming weeks. With season ticket cash combined with King's promise of funds you'd hope there would be more spent than the few hundred thousand outlay so far. However, given what MW has already stated about squad size etc and what we know about his philosophy in terms of bringing youth players through to first team level, I'm starting to think we may only see a couple more and maybe not as many as we're hoping for. The squad at the moment is not far off 20 and unless certain players leave, there might not be much swing. I'd still love to see the back of Zaliukas and one or two others but with that in mind I think we already have the crux of the team in the building.

We are in desperate need for strikers as Clark and Miller are both not the answer IMO. I think we will end up signing both Wabara and Eustace from the trialists.Playing 4-3-3 I think we could line up something like this:

Foderingham

Wabara? Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Law Eustace? Murdoch

Templeton ? Shiels

That still leaves the following players to fight for places among the team:

DEF - Gasporotto, McGregor, Zaliukas,

MID - Crawford, Aird, McKay, Walsh

FW- Gallagher, Miller, Clark

It leaves a massive emphasis on youth to bulk the squad but that is something I personally would love to see. I'd love to turn up at Ibrox and see four or five boys on the field that have come through or own academy. Something that we should obviously have implemented three seasons ago.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, he's said on a few occasions that the youth will get their chance. I can see Wabara being tied up, unless this deal for Fredricks has any truth to it?

I for one am delighted this is the case, based purely on what we have, in on trial as well, I can see a similar set up to what you've chosen. Players will all be drilled, we'll be playing the same style and shape throughout the youth teams so the transition is easier, it all bodes very well. I suspect these closed door games will give Warburton a better indication of where he needs to strengthen.

As it stands, I expect

Foderingham

Wabara Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Shiels Eustace Murdoch

Mckay/Walsh Clark/Gallagher Mckay/Walsh/Temps

Would prefer a striker to come in, and possibly another midfielder,but as things stand, we have a clear pathway to the first team with youngsters and first teamers all knowing what to do and how to play to get in the starting 11.

Happy with our plans under warburton

As the big debate seems to be about signing more players I think it's more appropriate to look at the signed squad we have available right now.

Foderingham

McGregor

Wilson

Kiernan

Wallace

Law

Murdoch

Shiels

Gallacher

Miller / Clark

Walsh

Hardly strong in midfield, nor full of goals.

We need more players signed is the bottom line.

I think templeton is a goner. I'd prefer to see the likes of McKay or Walsh out wide, Gallagher up front rather than Miller.

Saying that I'd rather we get a striker, creative midfielder and winger in before the games start.....not too hopeful on that though.

There's absolutely no point doing a "potential eleven" at the moment when we still have so many deals still to tie up.

Realistically we could add Halliday, Fredericks, Winks & Wabara in the next couple of days, followed by Eustace and then suddenly the team looks a lot better than it does at the moment and that's just the players who we know we are after.

As the big debate seems to be about signing more players I think it's more appropriate to look at the signed squad we have available right now.

Foderingham

McGregor

Wilson

Kiernan

Wallace

Law

Murdoch

Shiels

Gallacher

Miller / Clark

Walsh

Hardly strong in midfield, nor full of goals.

We need more players signed is the bottom line.

Completely agree regarding the goals, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were only two or three more that come in. I think they would have to be forward thinking players, I personally think May would be a great signing. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I'd expect to see...

Foderingham

Wabarra Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Murdoch Eustace

Walsh Winks? Halliday

New CF

Leaves us decent back up options with:

McGregor

Zaliuskas

Sinnamon

Lang

Ex Man Utd boy (name escapes me)

Crawford

Shiels

Law

Templeton

McKay

Aird

Gallagher

Hardie

Clarke

Miller

Getting a really good CF is the priority for me, neigh Miller or Clarke are up to it.

There's absolutely no point doing a "potential eleven" at the moment when we still have so many deals still to tie up.

Realistically we could add Halliday, Fredericks, Winks & Wabara in the next couple of days, followed by Eustace and then suddenly the team looks a lot better than it does at the moment and that's just the players who we know we are after.

Fair one, apologies I hadn't seen the news today regarding the Spurs boy until you mentioned it.

Fair one, apologies I hadn't seen the news today regarding the Spurs boy until you mentioned it.

I just think it's too soon to start worrying and panicing about what the team will be (which a lot of people are doing).

It looks poor at the moment but add the three trialists and suddenly it's

Foderingham

Wabara Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Eustace Murdoch

Walsh Law Halliday

Miller

Which doesn't look anywhere near as bad as the team we could put out right now does even if it is still a couple short.

Picking a team (including trialists)

Foderingham

Wabara Wilson Kiernan Wallace

Haliday Eustace Murdoch

Walsh Clark Sheils?

We desperately need at least 2 strikers and a winger.

Can't see us signing two strikers tbh.

Warburton only plays one upfront and we already have Miller & Clark (who are fine as back up at this level) and Hardie & Gallagher (who should both get more of an opportunity this season) at the club.

I think a first choice striker might be our lot in that department.