Lack Of Signings...deliberate?

OzGers

I'd expect a couple more 1st team regulars to be signed then a few of the youths to be given quite a few games through-out the season too.

I know the season is fast approaching but the manager's not going to rush into it and he wont sign players for the sake of it either.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual at this time of year (meaning of course the last three) we are in a position where we are all concerned what is going to be turned out on the park, and this season coming must be the most critical one of them all.

I feel good about the new management team we have in place, and feel less concerned about the amount of players we bring in (or indeed the rush to do so), as this will eventually happen, as already stated by DW&MW on more than one occasion.

I can see a counter balance of youth and more experienced players coming together and producing the right formula this time around, simply because the new management team (and i say this without a shred of evidence or a ball being kicked in anger), just seems to be able to instil me with confidence that they will succeed.

If they have the ability to instil that same confidence in this season's players, and create a team out of them, then I for one will be a happy Bear.

I would love to win "The Diddy Cup" as well, and have good runs in the League & Scottish cups also, but above all else, it has to be the league we win at all cost this season.

MW&DW should be given all the backing we can give them, not to mention the board must also play the game, and clear funds if and when necessary, to achieve this end result.

:uk:

We don't need any more players mark warburton nearly took Brentford up so just make do and play high tempo football from the back forward its that easy

Let's not get carried away - they were a distant 5th and went down with barely a whimper, against a Middlesbrough team who, themselves, were very firmly put in their place by Norwich.

For balance, my Championship team supporting workmates agree that Brentford played the best football in the division, after Bournemouth.

I dunno why some fans are having reservations or worries, it's clear Warburton thinks and builds teams around youth, development and whoever aligns best with his philosophy.

He's said as much plenty of times

It's also what fans wanted from the outset of the division 3 season.

So why, when it's happening, are we worried that Stevie May, Cifti or some other obscure European talent worth a million or so isn't being signed?

It's very simple what his goal is here, and it's long over due.

Lads who have been overlooked will get their chance, McKay, Gallagher, hardie etc, the players we have will be told to play a certain way and do it well or they'll be benched.

We'll still bring in a few more, but the youth deserve their chance to prove they're good enough to merit a starting spot, it's the ideal and perfect scenario. We need to do this to ensure we develop the best talent and win things in style

Spot on (tu)

I think its the worry that we may use the league to try and get players to gel as we are having no real pre-season, This will be especially tough on the young players as we as a support are not known for our patience.

You can get away with it at the lesser teams that's why there youth become the feeder players for the bigger teams.

I would feel much better about it if we were actually playing all of our pre-season games in front of a crowd like we usually do. That way we would have a better idea of what to expect at the start of the season.