Lack Of Signings...deliberate?

OzGers

A bit of a worry you felt you had to make your last comment which surely should be a statement of the obvious.

Not at all some on here seem to wish for us to get beat to prove a point i'd never be in that camp.

Win at all costs even if the football on shows not the best is my motto.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all some on here seem to wish for us to get beat to prove a point i'd never be in that camp.

Yep win first - that's the only football philosophy that counts.

How do you possibly expect us to compete with 3 signings? Yes there was deadwood last season but we had 11 off contract and all have gone

I agree we don't need 11 but we need at least 7-8 so again, do we expect these to be promoted youth given there seems to be limited transfer dealings underway only two weeks out from 1st game?

I'm not saying that three signings is enough, I'm saying we've hardly made a slow start to the window. I'd expect another three before the first league game.

Don't know what the debate is. MW is quite clear that he'll be working with a squad of 24. Assuming Ryan Hardie is moved to first team then we have 18 players which means another six will be brought in. I reckon three signings, two loans and another youth player.

I said previously on post about youth development.When Advocatt insisted on Murray Park/Auchenhowie being built I think he was looking at clubs like Ajax as a blueprint for where we should be heading. In the opinion of a lot of fans MP has been nothing but a glorified training ground and not a youth academy as it was set out to be.Successive management teams and boards have neglected MP over the the 14 years that it has been open.The mind set has been let other clubs develop the youth and we will go in with the Rangers cheque book and pay what they want.We as fans demanded instant success at all costs and at all costs it put us in the grubber.We became lazy in scouting,training,youth development,tactics the full shooting match both on and off the park.Now we are in a position no different from most clubs in Scotland that we don't have the big cheque book anymore so we are going to have to do what just about every club has had to do for decades and that is work hard,develop youth,work harder on our tactics and game plans.Im sure DK and the board have realised this and have pointed this out to MW and DW. This biggest hurdle the management are going to face wont only be on the park against opposition teams but will be with our own support who demand instant success at all costs.Lets give the guys a chance and try oh try and buy into the future.

Anyone in that camp is the lowest of the low, unfortunately it would appear a few high profile bears have got themselves into the position where a King success is a massive kick in the baws and the ST numbers growing doesn't put a smile on their face.

Its a big mistake anybody who watched us play the scum in the Youth game can see we don't have an abundance of strong youth, we got battered.

Yet we are expecting these youth players to do better over a season against stronger opponents.

The Manager has to be Given the best chance possible he seems to be getting let down on that score by this board.

Our youngsters aren't good enough , yet , as proved by the Youth Cup final. Some may make it , but it's clear that en masse , they're not good enough.

My take on it was that it would be MW signings that , in the main , would be where we would bring down the average age of the team.

So far , I would doubt that we're even close to matching the salaries of those that have left , and even though it's early days in the transfer window , we should be further forward as regard this , with the season a couple of weeks away.

MW has done fine as re the defense , but for an ethos where we plan on playing attacking football , the midfield and forward positions , that disappointed the last few seasons , have still to be improved.

As much as I want to see our youth being given a chance, and I believe we'll see a fair bit of them this year. This is not the time to run an entire season with half a matchday squad of youngsters being blooded. We must gain promotion this year.

We need at least 5 more players brought in imo.

Its a big mistake anybody who watched us play the scum in the Youth game can see we don't have an abundance of strong youth, we got battered.

Yet we are expecting these youth players to do better over a season against stronger opponents.

The Manager has to be Given the best chance possible he seems to be getting let down on that score by this board.

You may be judging individual players against a poor team performance though. A team can get pumped and still have one or 2 players that are good enough for a higher level.

MW has said the youth will be mentored by a handful of senior pros.

The signs are we will be going with one of the youngest Rangers squads in our history. This is the philosophy we are going with now. Time will tell if it's a success, and fans have to play their part in that vision.

Or not, if they don't believe it's the way forward that's their prerogative. People can at least give MW plan a chance before writing it off though.

According to Durrant's post-match interview Hardie and Sinnamon have stepped up to the first team. That's a good sign but we have plenty of time before the window closes. I'm sure there will be another 4 new faces in before the end of August.

MW has said the youth will be mentored by a handful of senior pros.

The signs are we will be going with one of the youngest Rangers squads in our history. This is the philosophy we are going with now. Time will tell if it's a success, and fans have to play their part in that vision. Or not, if they don't believe it's the way forward that's their prerogative. People can at least give MW plan a chance before writing it off.

People knew what we were getting when we appointed MW and he outlined his plan in his first press conference and yet there are already disconcerted voices creeping through about it before a ball has even been kicked. We live in a mad world.

The league season starts in 4 weeks, the window is open 7 weeks.

We need to get away from this notion that we need to be flying for the "shite cup" game on the 25th. That seems to have spooked some folk because its Hibs. Yeahh lets rush out and get some tried and tested crap to bulk up the team for that game. We then have the mighty Peterhead after that.

Yes we want a good start. But any less than stellar performances in those two games, will no doubt be met with moans and groans. We have to be patient and it will take a few games before we're up to speed. It's a full season we have and i've no doubt we'll come good. Even with a sticky start to the campaign.

Imo we'll give youth a chance but we'll also see another 4/5 by end of the window. Players like a May or Allan will be August signings. Around 3 loans too.

Actually think if we do want Allan that we'll make a bid just before the cup game, to test the waters and try to disrupt their preparations

People knew what we were getting when we appointed MW and he outlined his plan in his first press conference and yet there are already disconcerted voices creeping through about it before a ball has even been kicked. We live in a mad world.

Tbf we have given him 4 weeks and he has not even won a game yet.

Youths Oot!

Patience is going to be difficult. My head agrees that we need to build for the long term with youth, existing players being developed and a couple of loans. However if we start to struggle I wonder how I will feel then.

We do need a balance, we also need a team that works together and that's down to coaching. For me, the goal is to get to the next transfer window with the league in our own gift. That doesn't mean that we have to be top of the league at that moment, it means that we will not be relying on others to do us favours. It is then that we'll know how the philosophy is going and how well the other teams - Hibs and St Mirren in particular - are performing. We can assess that then bring in or ship out players and look to win the Championship and have a core team for the Premiership. I haven't checked but I assume we will have a number of players whose contracts expire at the end of next season, so they might also need to be replaced. At this moment, assuming Eustace is fit and we sign Halliday, I think we have a team that can win the Championship with the right coaching and team spirit

Youths Oot!

Youths Oot!

How long are we going to tolerate being second bottom? It's humiliating.

We have to change the name to Auchenhowie Rangers or we are sunk

Let's not forget that we've got 3 windows to get it right and it's seems we will be taking an incremental approach to building the squad.

This goes against my ethos of having a squad capable of winning everything but when we win this league and we have a team capable of winning the premiership then I will be a happy bear.

I dunno why some fans are having reservations or worries, it's clear Warburton thinks and builds teams around youth, development and whoever aligns best with his philosophy.

He's said as much plenty of times

It's also what fans wanted from the outset of the division 3 season.

So why, when it's happening, are we worried that Stevie May, Cifti or some other obscure European talent worth a million or so isn't being signed?

It's very simple what his goal is here, and it's long over due.

Lads who have been overlooked will get their chance, McKay, Gallagher, hardie etc, the players we have will be told to play a certain way and do it well or they'll be benched.

We'll still bring in a few more, but the youth deserve their chance to prove they're good enough to merit a starting spot, it's the ideal and perfect scenario. We need to do this to ensure we develop the best talent and win things in style