We Now Have A Mananager

That's it really

Our second half performance was superb, this can only be down to Mr Warburtons tactical and managerial skills and he made all the right substitutions at the right time.

Miller even looked like the box player he used to be

If he can get this team to gel and keep their form as I hope he will, we will walk this league and give the mhanky mob a game if we meet them.

He's doing what McCoist should've done, signing young, hungry players who are capable with the ball at their feet, not overloading the first team full of greedy bastards who clearly thought they were better than what they were.

I think I may enjoy going to watch Rangers play for the first time in years, by enjoy, I mean the football we play.

Can only get better some of these players have only been in for a week or so and we thrased hibs away cant ask for anymore than that really!! the pleasing thing aswell is Mr warburton says him and the players know the first half was not good enough and will be working on that where as it would be easy to dismiss that and say we won 6-2 and its ok.. can only see this team getting better and if we bring in another decent striker and possibly a winger/attacking mid than we will be unstoppable.. still look abit vulnerable on the break hopefully eustace or douglas will be bought in... but end of the day very pleasing we thrased hibs 6-2 away as well and still better to get so high hopes for the season and can see us destroying st mirren when we play them at home 1st game of the season

You said we were journeymen after 27 mins and that nothing had changed. Its a brand new side. Waghorn basically said after the game they were still getting to know each other

Have to take into account that Halliday only officially signed at the start of last week? Holt after the Burnley game.

Wag and Tav just before it.

I stated numerous times I thought this would be too much for us today, delighted that's not the case but anyone who expected this team to hit the ground running is fucking mental. Everything has changed, management, training, the personnel.

We were fucking clinical today, everything we weren't against Burnley.

Still a bit to go yet but anyone willing to ignore the signs that there's the making of some fucking team there, isn't worth it.

Have to take into account that Halliday only officially signed at the start of last week? Holt after the Burnley game.

Wag and Tav just before it.

I stated numerous times I thought this would be too much for us today, delighted that's not the case but anyone who expected this team to hit the ground running is fucking mental. Everything has changed, management, training, the personnel.

We were fucking clinical today, everything we weren't against Burnley.

Still a bit to go yet but anyone willing to ignore the signs that there's the making of some fucking team there, isn't worth it.

pretty much spot on. I dont think we at any point today were as good as we were in the first 30 mins against Burnley. But we played some nice stuff. To think theyve had less than a week together i think they done pretty well

pretty much spot on. I dont think we at any point today were as good as we were in the first 30 mins against Burnley. But we played some nice stuff. To think theyve had less than a week together i think they done pretty well

Our passing was disgusting in that first half, what I like as well is we've shown some character, I wasn't sure how we would react to losing a goal away from home when we weren't playing well.

Deffo haven't gelled yet, that should scare the shit out of other teams, the keeper will come good as well.

Hibs knew he liked to play the ball from his feet and they put pressure on him all the time, Warburton will drill him on that and make sure we have someone that drops short for him.

You said we were journeymen after 27 mins and that nothing had changed. Its a brand new side. Waghorn basically said after the game they were still getting to know each other

When I made that post IMO they did look like a bunch of Journeymen, I should have added " at the moment" and I could see no difference from our performances last season

I think most would agree we were pretty awful for the first half hour but that all changed after Mr Warburton had a talk to them

Our passing was disgusting in that first half, what I like as well is we've shown some character, I wasn't sure how we would react to losing a goal away from home when we weren't playing well.

Deffo haven't gelled yet, that should scare the shit out of other teams, the keeper will come good as well.

Hibs knew he liked to play the ball from his feet and they put pressure on him all the time, Warburton will drill him on that and make sure we have someone that drops short for him.

I dont know if you seen the thing on Alba before the game, it was last seasons line ups from the first game. hibs had 2 changes from their starting 11, we had 7 or 8. thats huge. so in all honesty to gub a settled side who will be our main rivals after going 1-0 down is a bit of a result.

I fear for teams when we are up to speed

Too much is being made about the first thirty or so minutes. Hivs are a young side too and play like one. They go out too fast and can't sustain it. We are a job in progress, new players trying to gel, trying to adopt to a style if play, it's only game 4 together, fitness is nearly there but not quite. So a tram coming at you like that at home and at our current state is almost inevitable. But as I said in a previous thread it's what we did after that early frantic pace dropped. We terrorised them and it could have been more.

The next challenge is to come out, at Easter rd, and play like that from the start. And I think we can.

That's it really

Our second half performance was superb, this can only be down to Mr Warburtons tactical and managerial skills and he made all the right substitutions at the right time.

Miller even looked like the box player he used to be

If he can get this team to gel and keep their form as I hope he will, we will walk this league and give the mhanky mob a game if we meet them.

I think that's a good point. Last season I was terrified when we drew them in the cup. It's definitely too early and we're all probably getting carried away for now but if we did happen to be drawn against them at some point this season I definitely think we could give them a match.

I mean we've only played 2 games and still don't really know the abilities of a lot of the new players but there's a good feeling around the club atm.

I dont know if you seen the thing on Alba before the game, it was last seasons line ups from the first game. hibs had 2 changes from their starting 11, we had 7 or 8. thats huge. so in all honesty to gub a settled side who will be our main rivals after going 1-0 down is a bit of a result.

I fear for teams when we are up to speed

Didn't see that mate but you're right.

That's why some on here were saying we would struggle this year as they were settled, seemed to make no difference at all and Hibs were certainly up for it.

That will have a massive effect on them going into the league as well, they beat us 1-0 at Easter Road in the play-offs as well and we've just shown them that doing them away from home wont be a problem either.

Scotty will be packing his bags as we speak, he looked fucking miserable on that park!

Didn't see that mate but you're right.

That's why some on here were saying we would struggle this year as they were settled, seemed to make no difference at all and Hibs were certainly up for it.

That will have a massive effect on them going into the league as well, they beat us 1-0 at Easter Road in the play-offs as well and we've just shown them that doing them away from home wont be a problem either.

Scotty will be packing his bags as we speak, he looked fucking miserable on that park!

wonder if Hibs will stand firm or Stubbs is playing russian roulette with his board?

I have not made any posts before since having to give up my season ticket when I was made redundant and have been worried about being called a taig (which incidently is a term I dont agree with), but was at the game today. I will admit first time in a while since Brechin away.

I was impressed with both Warburton and Weir.

After the last few seasons (the games I could attend) I made a point of watching the dugout and both Warbs and Weir were constantly taking to the players and relaying instructions, no arms crossed, no confused looks, everything was thought out and clear instructions relayed to the men on the pitch. They were in control at all times and I feel their confidence is translated to the players.

Time will tell but I feel looking at Warbs and Weir that we are on the right track as long as the players absorb and learn from them.

Personally I would love to see Stevie May (which I dont think will happen) and Allen (which I do think will happen) come in then would should have the strength of squad required to win this league and compete next year when we gain promotion (yes we need to add some quality in the wide areas should we gain promotion)

A host of new signings and those already here coping with the massive underachievement and disappointment of last year added to a manager introducing a new style and a new set of ideals .

This was a huge test at 1-0 down you only have to read some of the posts to see the pressure the new manager was under. Fortunately he is actually a manager and the players came out second half clearly knowing what was expected from them . That post match interview tells you all you need to know about what Warbuton wants and the journey has started.

Once the players become more comfortable which each other , both the style and the size of the club it's only going to improve and i think it's genuinely exciting . Warbuton knows a hell of a lot about this club and what can be achieved by hard work , ability and desire . With everybody pulling together this really is the first step back to where Rangers belong .

wonder if Hibs will stand firm or Stubbs is playing russian roulette with his board?

Stubbs knows the league is as good as gone if they sell him, it's probably as good as gone anyway judging by today.

Stubbs couldn't keep his rancid face off the tv telling everyone Allan wasn't going anywhere so yea I think he's been playing them more than anything.

If the board told him Allan was going nowhere then why did he feel the need to call Warburton? :D

I think they're just waiting on us to meet their valuation and he's out of there.