Going By Our First Two Competetive Games Of The Season....

Frustration? Probably why we are the hardest most spoiled bunch of supporters in the land. We scream for something new, better play, dropping of the long ball nonsense and frustration comes out in game number 2.

Fuck they're gonae be in for a long season

Frustration that Templeton kept turning inside and losing possession. That Wallace bombed up and down the line but had no end result. That despite several one on ones and clear cut chances we weren't finishing chances. That possession wasn't turned into goals.

We can all see the vast improvements but it's not all as rosy as some would make it out to be.

Warbuton has admitted as much after the Hivees game and again yesterday with his "more clinical" comments.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frustration that Templeton kept turning inside and losing possession. That Wallace bombed up and down the line but had no end result. That despite several one on ones and clear cut chances we weren't finishing chances. That possession wasn't turned into goals.

We can all see the vast improvements but it's not all as rosy as some would make it out to be.

Warbuton has admitted as much after the Hivees game and again yesterday with his "more clinical" comments.

It's going to take time and I've no doubt MW will have the guys working hard at every aspect of the game and pushing for improvement every training session.Let's be happy that without being at 100% we are at least playing some football and have still managed 9 goals in 2 games 6 of those against what could be our closest contenders for promotion.

When you take into consideration that this team has only been crafted over the last month I think we're doing very well. When everyone has properly gelled and they know what each other are going to do and how they're going to move then we'll see us demolishing teams week in, week out.

No frustration in GF4. Guys on either side of me were smiling and admiring the football. Yes there was the occasional yelp of dismay at of few misses but no vitriol.

Last 3 years the possibility of not scoring and being held to a draw or defeat was on the cards from about 10 minutes into a game. Yesterday I didn't have a shadow of a doubt. It was only ever a case of how many.

Law and Shiels played well. Get off their backs.

Warburton should be had up on theft charges for taking Tavernier from Wigan for that price.

We've all been concentrating on the midfield/attack. Need to give some credit to the boys at the back. Keirnan and Wilson solid. Keirnan won everything in the air. He's also a shouter and organiser. He'll be eclipsed by goalscoring teammates, as will Wilson, but they contributed in full measure. Gone are the forearm smashes on the edge of the area conceding fouls in danger zones. Goalie had nothing to do but looked more comfortable.

Remember it's only 2 weeks since Tavernier and Waghorn signed, Halliday beat them in the door by a couple of days.

Not many people left before FT and the rousing ovation players got was well deserved and a sign of great appreciation from fans...no frustration there.

I am not at all surprised at the turnaround. McCoist was utterly clueless and unsuited to management. Leaving Ibrox yesterday my anger at him was rekindled. But in truth the guilty men include Smith, Bain and David Murray. (Not forgetting the Ally fanboys who frightened succeeding boards into keeping him on.)

Roll on Friday.

The thing that impressed me and will only get better through practice is the teams first touch during link up play the players take a touch past their man and look so much sharper compared to last season where the players would either run backward or launch it forward.

Our passes will go astray but it's high risk football and it's good to watch, time and practice will see this improving.

I can't see why temps and McKay get so much flak. I'm not Clarke biggest fan I actually thought he was push until yesterday. He has a place in the team not as the striker but as the wide man his energy and eye for a pass is good. Mckay and temps are good players but temps needs games, in flashes you could see he's still the same player.

I predict he will prove the doubters wrong this season ??

"That possession wasn't turned into goals". Agreed but check out the statistics. 13 shots on target. If a keeper is on form and DOING WHAT HE IS PAID TO DO, it can completely turn a game. I had the pleasure of being at both cup final games in 1961 when Eddie Connachan won the cup for Dunfermline with two brilliant displays of goalkeeping. And before the allegations start flying, in these days I went to most cup finals, no matter who was playing. My first was when St Mirren beat Aberdeen in 1959.