Morning Dave King

what a load of pish. We actually should be competing financially for anyone we get because other teams should also want these players.

If Warburton wants a player and we get him he`ll be happy no matter how we get him.

No it isn't; and I normally agree with you on many things. Warburton won't be arguing over a thousand here and there with a player who wants to go where the money is. He wants players who want to play for Rangers.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I agree that is the problem the board face, its their responsibility to find the solutions to the problem and like any board they have to be judged on that.

yet we offer £300k for him ? why not say we`ll use that to pay his wages when we get him for nothing in the summer ? It would almost pay his full first years wage next year.People are talking about Celtic being in Europe etc being the difference due to the money coming in but I bet it hardly pays their wage bill as it is.People seem to get this daft notion that if they get into the CL group stages that they have £15M to spend. Far from it. Remember we got to a eurpean final and made very little.

Anyhoo... I am out of the discussion. Scott Allan is not a Rangers player and never will be, therefore he is no longer of any interest or relevance to me... Nor should he be to the Bears' Den.

I will say this to him though, regarding his life-choices:

yet we offer £300k for him ? why not say we`ll use that to pay his wages when we get him for nothing in the summer ? It would almost pay his full first years wage next year.People are talking about Celtic being in Europe etc being the difference due to the money coming in but I bet it hardly pays their wage bill as it is.People seem to get this daft notion that if they get into the CL group stages that they have £15M to spend. Far from it. Remember we got to a eurpean final and made very little.

In what way did we make very little?

No it isn't; and I normally agree with you on many things. Warburton won't be arguing over a thousand here and there with a player who wants to go where the money is. He wants players who want to play for Rangers.

I have no doubt what so ever that if Rangers matched their wage offer he`d be playing with us. If someone offers double the wages the player will go to whoever offers the most. If its only 8K then what are we doing ? If anyone really thinks we are going to be back challenging offering 4k a week to players when they are offering 8k then they are deluded. Jig was on about 14k ! Boyd wouldn`t have been far off 5 or 6k I`d imagine. The savings alone from the wages saved from the players who left have funded all the new players. There should also be money left over. 14 players out and about 7 in and there should be plenty scope for wages if we really want him.

You do realise that in the Euorpa or Uefa Cup you get less for getting to the final than you do for making the CL groupsfar less..

You do realise that in the Euorpa or Uefa Cup you get less for getting to the final than you do for making the CL groupsfar less..

yes but we still made very little. The CL money won`t even cover their wage bill at the moment. They also have no one going to their games so thats another hit for them. The money they get from the CL is nearly the money they lose by us not being their. ( They said they were down £10M )

We also had CL group stage money taht season, I believe we still lost 6 million that year

Because we were riddled with debt due to bad management and the bank chasing us.

Celt*c are going to have more £ to spend than us for quite a while and folk who think King and co should be doing the same without the same means like CL football, years of European football and player sales is severely deluded.

We cant go down that route again and look at how little we have spent so far but have the best side since we were demoted despite spending far less than before. Thats our future.

Reality check needed for a good few in here.

I have no doubt what so ever that if Rangers matched their wage offer he`d be playing with us. If someone offers double the wages the player will go to whoever offers the most. If its only 8K then what are we doing ? If anyone really thinks we are going to be back challenging offering 4k a week to players when they are offering 8k then they are deluded. Jig was on about 14k ! Boyd wouldn`t have been far off 5 or 6k I`d imagine. The savings alone from the wages saved from the players who left have funded all the new players. There should also be money left over. 14 players out and about 7 in and there should be plenty scope for wages if we really want him.

spot on, we will only become Scotlands number 1 team when we are competing with C*ltic on terms we offer players. Its the boards responsibility to provide these funds. My issue with King is that I don't think he has the ability to provide this.

He's good but he's no Ronaldo ffs....let's concentrate on putting 10 past that shower of shite next Sunday. .humiliate them beyond words.

Totally agree. We have highlighted a position we need to strengthen so we need to go out and get someone else. Add a striker to that and I`ll be happy.

Or maybe we`ll just see Vuckic come back as I know he`s desperate to come back. Vuckic or SA ? Vuckic every day of the week for me.

yes but we still made very little. The CL money won`t even cover their wage bill at the moment. They also have no one going to their games so thats another hit for them. The money they get from the CL is nearly the money they lose by us not being their. ( They said they were down £10M )

What's their wage bill then?

They sell a player or two ever season bringing in around £10 million each time while brining in low cost alternatives.

They are scumbag bastards but are run very well.

Expecting us to magically match that and do what they do straight away is moronic.

Because we were riddled with debt due to bad management and the bank chasing us.

Celt*c are going to have more £ to spend than us for quite a while and folk who think King and co should be doing the same without the same means like CL football, years of European football and player sales is severely deluded.

We cant go down that route again and look at how little we have spent so far but have the best side since we were demoted despite spending far less than before. Thats our future.

Reality check needed for a good few in here.

who is asking to go down that same route again ? You think £8k a week is the same route ?

It's funny how this is being set up as a DK fail.

I'm definitely in the camp of 'fuck him' IF he moves there. He'll no longer be part of the Rangers family. He'll be a treacherous prick that I hope is shown what he now means to us whenever he returns to Ibrox. Sure, there's realism in football nowadays, but it'd be interesting to know how much more this is really going to earn him than if he came to us. How much his love of Rangers really was worth and how much he sold his soul to the devil for.

My instinct is to say he's a wee treacherous, mercenary cunt of the worst kind if he goes. I'm sorry, but if you're a real rangers fan you just don't do this. You just don't go there knowing Rangers were after you, knowing you'll come back and have to do your best to stick the knife into the club you love. Nah, wee fucking charlatan. I hope Halliday tells him to do one as well.

well that's just stupid, 99% of players want to sign for the club that makes them the best offer. Ist up to a board of directors to make sure we are in a position to make the best offers

No, actually it's up to the board of directors to offer what a player is worth. Stupid would be to offer more than he is worth just to get one over on your rivals.

Reality check needed for a good few in here.e are not se

We are not overly deluded, he said he would provide £30 million over 4 years so its time to pony up and get the revolution started. No ones daft enough to not understand they have more money than us due to where they are but that will also be the case next season and the one after that.

No, actually it's up to the board of directors to offer what a player is worth. Stupid would be to offer more than he is worth just to get one over on your rivals.

Oh okay so would you be happy to be outbid by them for the next ten years where we play second fiddle?

What's their wage bill then?

They sell a player or two ever season bringing in around £10 million each time while brining in low cost alternatives.

They are scumbag bastards but are run very well.

Expecting us to magically match that and do what they do straight away is moronic.

They sell because they need to. If they didn`t they would go bust. It also shows. Other teams are getting closer to them all the time.

none of their players would get in their team of only a few years ago. The gap when we get up won`t be as big as people think but we need to compete on the wages front. Thing you also forget is the squad size. Warburton likes a small squad so in theory we could pay them more.( just less players to pay )

There wage bill was around the £20M+ mark for long enough.Not sure what it is now probably less but still very hefty for the league they are in.

I know a girl who's very close to him and he doesn't want anything to do with the kids mum.

kids mums been banged by a few if the lads around the boys area including football players ie thompson and a couple more I'll not name formally of dunfermline before she snared scott hes not with her ps he gets it tight from her ex conquests maybe that's y hes no with her lol

If SA wants to sign for them that's up to him. I don't believe that he's worth spending the sums touted by many on here and I'm sure we can do better for the money being mentioned. Personally I don't think he's the sort of character I want about our team end off. So to all those going on about how King should throw cash at Hib's for this guy dry your eyes and take a chill pill.

There was a player a few years back who signed for them, can't remember his name at the moment, think he was at Hib's as well. Anyway as soon as they heard that we might be interested in they went and his career went down the tubes from that day, from potential Rangers and Scotland international to a guy who finds it hard to get into the lowest teams in the league. I'm sure somebody on here will remember his name, well SA here is your future.