Guess The Forgotten Rangers Player

FSM

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He also did some of the Rangers roadshows coaching. My boy came back telling me how this old guy with funny hair could keep a ball up for ages and skint the other coaches no end.

I played in the first 2 football aid games at Ibrox in the early 2000s, he was an outstanding footballer and a real gentleman.

Saddens me that Bobby Prytz could ever be considered a forgotten man :( . I guess it's a sign of age.

I still maintain that we had a great midfield in those dark days. It was what was in front of, and behind, them that was the problem. Mainly what was behind them.

Chris Vinnicombe

(tu) Well done. I can't believe that a player who played for us when I was in primary school is younger than Davie Weir! :lol:

rangers-chris-vinnicombe-341-shooting-st

He was England U21 captain at the time and I remember Souness saying that he had signed a possible future captain of Rangers.

£150,000 he cost us as well... Which was a decent fee in the 1980s.

(tu) Well done. I can't believe that a player who played for us when I was in primary school is younger than Davie Weir! :lol:

rangers-chris-vinnicombe-341-shooting-st

Exeters finest if I'm not mistaken. Sure I remember him as a star of the England Schoolboys side just a smidge before young Ryan Wilson (whatever happened to him :)).

Exeters finest if I'm not mistaken. Sure I remember him as a star of the England Schoolboys side just a smidge before young Ryan Wilson (whatever happened to him :)).

I had just edited the post to add that he was England U21 captain at the time and Souness had high hopes. Never worked out for him.

David Robertson came along and the rest was history.

Five years Vinnicombe spent at Rangers. Only 27 appearances (looked that part up).

I had just edited the post to add that he was England U21 captain at the time and Souness had high hopes. Never worked out for him.

Five years Vinnicombe spent at Rangers. Only 27 appearances (looked that part up).

Did we not have another LB around the same time called Tom Cowan ?. I remember him being injured in a important game, maybe v Aberdeen 91 when we won 2-0 to win the League.

He was much vaunted in his early years just never reached the heights expected.