Holt

ready1873

Unsung hero? For me he's been the player of the season (well forgetting Tav). Does the dirty work often, neat and tidy player and offers something going forward. Hopefully the lad is here for the long haul. He can still progress.

He signed a 3 year deal did he not?

Not utilised at all today.

Does he have an injury?

Holt got a knock on his knee against Livingston and then he either aggravated the injury or picked up another one at training on Thursday, so it was a wise move not to play him yesterday. Our game drops a notch in midfield when Holt doesn't play and Law comes in, so I hope he's fit for Tuesday.

I also think he is one of our best performers this season, he has the ability to keep the fluency in our phases of play with his intelligent passing and he rarely gives it away.........for 65g it is looking like an excellent piece of business, why on earth Hearts let him go I will never know.

I tend not to notice him during games, not sure if that is a good or bad thing. I am not convinced he does enough for the team to be honest. What is his actual contribution?

He is a complete team player and connects defence to midifield and midfield to up top, intelligent player who knows when to run and when to release.

Next game pay attention to his overall game and you will see his contribution is polished and clever, you don't have to do 5 step overs or bang them in from 20 yards to have a telling contribution.........sometimes you need to look away from the ball to see a players true contribution in a game, and he is right up there.

He is a complete team player and connects defence to midifield and midfield to up top, intelligent player who knows when to run and when to release.

Next game pay attention to his overall game and you will see his contribution is polished and clever, you don't have to do 5 step overs or bang them in from 20 yards to have a telling contribution.........sometimes you need to look away from the ball to see a players true contribution in a game, and he is right up there.

Thanks, yeah i keep hearing this, off the ball stuff, i will definitely be watching for it from now on.

I tend not to notice him during games, not sure if that is a good or bad thing. I am not convinced he does enough for the team to be honest. What is his actual contribution?

He's always available for the ball, key in our passing / pressing system. Barely ever gives the ball away, and also works hard defensively.

I suspect a lot of those that don't notice him are part of the 'get it up the fucking park' set of fans who haven't quite grasped our modern style, and are quick to dish out abuse to our players.

He's always available for the ball, key in our passing / pressing system. Barely ever gives the ball away, and also works hard defensively.

I suspect a lot of those that don't notice him are part of the 'get it up the fucking park' set of fans who haven't quite grasped our modern style, and are quick to dish out abuse to our players.

Thanks. I suspect that assumption is a lot of shite tbh. Certainly in my case anyway. As a regular attendee at matches there have been minimal cries of "get it up the fucking park" from Rangers fans, we have almost universally bought into this new passing style which is most refreshing and certainly more enjoyable.

Thanks. I suspect that assumption is a lot of shite tbh. Certainly in my case anyway. As a regular attendee at matches there have been minimal cries of "get it up the fucking park" from Rangers fans, we have almost universally bought into this new passing style which is most refreshing and certainly more enjoyable.

I disagree pal, it's not what it was, but still quite a lot of it goes on - particularly from folk with a good drink in them.

Foderingham gets it in the neck a lot, despite being told to go short every time and some great statistical analysis which shows the benefits. There were a number of threads criticising him, and some even asking for Cammy Bell back! Seems to be subsiding somewhat though which is good news.

Folk used to say that about John White of Spurs and Scotland. It was a huge loss when he died prematurely. His absence was noted then.

Holt is that sort of player.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2011/mar/12/tottenham-hotspur-footballer-john-white