Rangers Fans And The Scottish National Team...

graeme_4

Rangers fans and the Scottish national team...  

610 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the Scotland team?

• I go to games
    • I'm an armchair fan
    • I couldn't care less
    • I actively dislike / hate them
  2. 2. Have you always felt this way

3. 3. If you don't like the team, why?

• I do like the team
    • Because it represents the SFA
    • Because of nationalism (eg SNP/Yes voters)
    • Because of the 'traitors' in the squad
    • Because I think the 'Tartan Army' hate Rangers
  4. 4. Do you think less of Rangers fans that so support Scotland

I used to be a regular at the home games in the 1980s before I moved to England, but don't really watch it now because its all on pay-per-view. Stiil support them though, despite their crap squad.

I remember the likes of Coops, Bett and DJ turning out for national duty.

Aye, you're right mate. Should have gone with the straight-talking Cameron, Brown and Darling.

There's a difference between wanting to destroy a country and wanting a government revamp.

Incompatible in your mind, yes. I think it's fair to say we've established your mind must operate in very narrow parameters.

I can see me calling you out on the "little bitch" comment has hit a nerve. Don't need be so butt hurt about it mate. Just don't imply people are "little bitches" when you have a keyboard in front of you.

Seriously, you don't even come close to hitting any nerves. As much as you'd like to think you do.

FYI Scottish Independance would not be a "Government Revamp" it would destroy forever and irrevocably the sovereign state known as The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

The fact that you think it would just be a "Revamp" speaks volumes.

I'd be interested to know if you actually know what point I was trying to make. It was quite far back in this thread and I'm getting a slight hunch that reading lots of words might not be your strong point. If you try extra hard I'm sure you can make it. Please hurry back. I'll be awaiting your answer with masterbaited breath.

Fixed that for you. :P

Having read (quite effortlessly, thank you) through this Poll thread, and gleaned the fact that most Rangers supporters would rather not be associated with supporting the national side due to what has happened to us at the hands of the controlling body of the country's footballing authorities and their masters at the piggery.

This covering only a short period of time (although it seems like a lifetime) since our admin event, which I tend to go along with.

I gather this would be a mixture of Yes and No voters and started off like any other Poll, in that Rangers supporters aired their views, and a tally was being established of football supporters points of view on the subject.

Then it got politicised and you jumped in head first and continue with the irrelevant pursuit of your being right and all others are wrong.

It seems that you don't, won't, or can't take the result of this poll anymore than you could the referendum result, as, if you would just stop for a second and check the Poll, you will see that to date only 50 voted Yes and 473 voted No to the last question.

That I believe was your original point of argument, and this being a democratic Poll (I know, a hard concept for you to grasp), I would have said it clarifies the subject as intended, and nullifies your original point of being thought less of ...... right ?

So what do you do, you continue with your argument and get shot down for it, you retaliate without any thought of other peoples' right to question your opinion, and therefore fuel the "Hey Jimmy" stereotype you give off.

If you can't stand the heat ......... please remove yourself from this kitchen.

No need to wait with baited breath as you have already fallen hook line and sinker and unless you break loose, you will be netted, landed, and most likely be thrown back as you bring nothing of value to the table as you are not even a worthy catch.

:uk:

The Offensive Behaviour at Football Bill.

Politics and football are entirely separate.

You arent doing very well are you?

http://m.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/jim-murphy-i-ll-scrap-snp-football-legislation-1-3595819#axzz3oSqm9tvJ

You do know every single piece of that was covered by already existing legislation?

You do know every single piece of that was covered by already existing legislation?

Correct. But it has been used as a vehicle to enable an increasingly politicised Police force and judiciary to persecute those who do not fit in with the SNP agenda i.e. us.

Exactly so why did the SNP still push through the reforms making it effortless to jail football fans? what we had was enough ... this is one thing for one afternoon only I would have stood side-by-side with taigs on, outside Hollyrood. It was in both our interests. The taigs still still greet about the SNP's offensive behaviour at football bill whilst still voting for them in their droves

At least most Rangers fans have more sense than that. Notice how I said "most" not "all" there's still plenty like our little Dean here who lives in cuckoo land.

Correct. But it has been used as a vehicle to enable an increasingly politicised Police force and judiciary to persecute those who do not fit in with the SNP agenda i.e. us.

Which would be fine but I believe it has a conviction rate of less than 50%. I can't say that sounds much like persecution.

Exactly so why did the SNP still push through the reforms making it effortless to jail football fans? what we had was enough ... this is one thing for one afternoon only I would have stood side-by-side with taigs on, outside Hollyrood. It was in both our interests. The taigs still still greet about the SNP's offensive behaviour at football bill whilst still voting for them in their droves

At least most Rangers fans have more sense than that. Notice how I said "most" not "all" there's still plenty like our little Dean here who lives in cuckoo land.

Because being seen to take action on sectarianism is perceived as a vote winner. Same reason McConnell was so keen to push it too

Because being seen to take action on sectarianism is perceived as a vote winner. Same reason McConnell was so keen to push it too

Yeah it was kinda rhetorical - it's cheap political points at football supporters expense

Although interestingly when the SNP first came into power in Scotland one of the first things they did was shelve what McConnell started they confirmed this at a meeting in Glasgow with an Orangeman from a Calton lodge I knew

It's interesting they went back to it and by then the labour MPs didn't want it pushed through

Which would be fine but I believe it has a conviction rate of less than 50%. I can't say that sounds much like persecution.

With respect that actually matters fuck-all

Due to the mechanisms of it alleged offenders can be barred from Ibrox and football matches as part of their bail conditions, need to take time off work to see lawyers and attend plead diets before trial and sometimes have your name plastered in news and papers

The conviction rate is a mute point - it's the intent and what they are actually trying to do

With respect that actually matters fuck-all

Due to the mechanisms of it alleged offenders can be barred from Ibrox and football matches as part of their bail conditions, need to take time off work to see lawyers and attend plead diets before trial and sometimes have your name plastered in news and papers

The conviction rate is a mute point - it's the intent and what they are actually trying to do

So the judiciary are involved in the persecution but struggle to convict even half of those I front of them? Delusional, paranoid pish. The mechanisms of the pre existing legislation caused all of the above too. None of it is unique to the Focus legislation.

I couldnt vote as, not being Scottish, I couldnt pick a reason for not caring. I guess they would all be Scottish as the poll is not inclusive (maybe non-Scots arent welcome as Rangers fans in the OPs world?)

Aye alright man, fuck sake. I regret ever starting this.

It wasn't intended to exclude, but more to shine a spotlight on the attitudes of Scottish Rangers fans on the Scottish national team. I wasn't really after the views of other nationalities, why would they support a national football team of a country they are not a national of?

And I'm all for an inclusive club, be that religion, nationality or political views - unlike some fans I'm embarrassed for in this chat.

So the judiciary are involved in the persecution but struggle to convict even half of those I front of them? Delusional, paranoid pish. The mechanisms of the pre existing legislation caused all of the above too. None of it is unique to the Focus legislation.

Way to miss the point

Aye alright man, fuck sake. I regret ever starting this.

It wasn't intended to exclude, but more to shine a spotlight on the attitudes of Scottish Rangers fans on the Scottish national team. I wasn't really after the views of other nationalities, why would they support a national football team of a country they are not a national of?

And I'm all for an inclusive club, be that religion, nationality or political views - unlike some fans I'm embarrassed for in this chat.

Maybe you should be asking Celtic and their Scottish fans why they seem to support a national football team they are not a national of?

As my late wife was Scottish it is perfectly feasible that I could have supported Scotland. The SFA made sure that wont happen any time soon.

Persecution is more than convictions. The heavy handed police action in stadia and wherever fans congregate is much much worse than ever before

Way to miss the point

What point have I missed? Your delusional claims Rangers fans are being persecuted by the police and courts despite there being zero evidence to back it up. In 2012/13 31% of those arrested had 'Rangers affiliations' and 25% Celtic. Hardly persecution there. Some 10% were hibs fans and another 10% Aberdeeen

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/S4_JusticeCommittee/Inquiries/Charges_reported_under_OBFTC_Act.pdf

Persecution is more than convictions. The heavy handed police action in stadia and wherever fans congregate is much much worse than ever before

Some people dont seem to understand what 'criminalisation' really means. Its not about convictions but an assumption that a certain group requires a specific Bill rushed through that makes their persecution that much easier.

Young Dean has gone very quiet since I answered his questions? Not one for research it would seem. :)

Some people dont seem to understand what 'criminalisation' really means. Its not about convictions but an assumption that a certain group requires a specific Bill rushed through that makes their persecution that much easier.

Young Dean has gone very quiet since I answered his questions? Not one for research it would seem. :)

So in what way are we being persecuted?

You know Hibs and Aberdeen fans are more likely to be arrested at a game than a Rangers fan? Research eh? What a bastard it is.

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/S4_JusticeCommittee/Inquiries/Charges_reported_under_OBFTC_Act.pdf

Maybe you should be asking Celtic and their Scottish fans why they seem to support a national football team they are not a national of?

As my late wife was Scottish it is perfectly feasible that I could have supported Scotland. The SFA made sure that wont happen any time soon.

Dry your eyes.

Like I say it wasn't intentional to exclude people. Can keep being moany a dick if you like, or ask the admin to edit the poll so we can confirm that the vast majority of non-Scottish people don't support the Scottish national team.

Dry your eyes.

Like I say it wasn't intentional to exclude people. Can keep being moany a dick if you like, or ask the admin to edit the poll so we can confirm that the vast majority of non-Scottish people don't support the Scottish national team.

A wee bit touchy aren't we? A little more thought with wording and you wouldn't have had a problem.

Anyway you could always add a contribution (or up any pre existing one) to the RM Erskine Fund November fundraising to atone for your sins. Alternatively you can continue to be 'moany, a dick if you like' sort of chap.:)

The hypocrisy in this thread is embaressing.

Slating Scotland fans for wearing hats, pretty sure I've seen plenty magic hats at Ibrox recently. Slating Scotland fans for booing other anthems, hmm so we just sit quietly and respect YNWA at the piggery now do we? Don't want to cause offence ffs. It's fitba, it's rivalry, it's banter, get a grip.

If you don't support the national team then fair doos, your choice, just don't blame it on some shite excuses that are not exclusive to international football fans.

What about fans booing their own national anthem? Do you not find that embarrassing?

So in what way are we being persecuted?

You know Hibs and Aberdeen fans are more likely to be arrested at a game than a Rangers fan? Research eh? What a bastard it is.

Do you watch the games with blinkers on? I've seen plenty of persecution that doesnt lead to arrest. You really have no idea of the breadth of the words'criminalisation' or 'persecution' have you?

Comprehension can be a bigger bastard than research if its a gift you lack.

More paranoid shite. I've been going to Rangers games over 20 years and had one run in with a cop.

Is it paranoid? Did we have squads of cops in among the fans with video cameras even 10 years ago?

If so I must have missed it.