Rangers Fans And The Scottish National Team...

graeme_4

Rangers fans and the Scottish national team...  

610 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the Scotland team?

• I go to games
    • I'm an armchair fan
    • I couldn't care less
    • I actively dislike / hate them
  2. 2. Have you always felt this way

3. 3. If you don't like the team, why?

• I do like the team
    • Because it represents the SFA
    • Because of nationalism (eg SNP/Yes voters)
    • Because of the 'traitors' in the squad
    • Because I think the 'Tartan Army' hate Rangers
  4. 4. Do you think less of Rangers fans that so support Scotland

Aye your Union hating mindset is really coming out now isn't it son?

Would you have the balls to go up and criticise one of the many current and ex-servicemen who have Union flag tattoos?

Also what do you do when GTSQ is sung and the Union flag is waved at Ibrox? Do you boo or sit quietly swearing under your breath like a little bitch? It's a genuine question.

Aye, if he wants to tell me I'm not allowed to go to a Rangers game.

Not much of a singer at the games. But I like these little images you're making up of me in your head. I can tell you're obviously a very hate-filled individual.

I also like the "little bitch" comment. It's ironic though because I only imagine it's little bitches that call others little bitches over the internet. :lol:

For those struggling to correlate their opinions; If people don't like/agree with a Rangers board should they stop supporting a Rangers team? And, would that then be right?

Many did exactly that. Didn't see you arguing against them last season. You know supporting the team involves turning up to games?

You're pretty good at irony if nothing else. If you read peoples entire posts rather than what you think they said you might even make some valid points. That you cant seem to understand the political nature of the campaign against Rangers over the last few years is not helping you make your point.

Remember the thread is about supporting Scotlands national team (I have a solid reason not to that even you couldnt have an issue with). Your political view seems to have blinded you to this point when comprehending others posts.

If you read mine you'd understand that my only point is that no one has the right to tell anyone who can and cannot support Rangers. But alas, you have not read what I have been saying and instead continue to come out with this gibberish.

I took my wee boy to the big jock knew camp for the england game and felt physically sick when the tartan trannies booed the only national anthem our nation has. My wee boy couldn't understand why they were doing it

Felt physically sick? Grow a set of balls.

I felt physically sick when my father died suddenly, that's what makes you feel sick - not booing a song.

Fucking state of us man, fucking group of blouses.

Many did exactly that. Didn't see you arguing against them last season.

So, was that right?

You know supporting the team involves turning up to games?

Does it? So Rangers FC has no more than 51,000 supporters, maximum?

Away days most of us aren't Rangers supporters. :lol: This fuckin place.

Aye your Union hating mindset is really coming out now isn't it son?

Would you have the balls to go up and criticise one of the many current and ex-servicemen who have Union flag tattoos?

Also what do you do when GTSQ is sung and the Union flag is waved at Ibrox? Do you boo or sit quietly swearing under your breath like a little bitch? It's a genuine question.

Nah he stands up and screams freedom while swinging punches at anyone singing GSTQ.

You do realise just because someone voted yes doesn't mean they hate the union and everything to do with. They voted for what they thought would be a better future.

The world isn't black and white. You cant just separate people into bad and good and nothing else just because it makes it easier for your simple mind to understand

Aye, if he wants to tell me I'm not allowed to go to a Rangers game.

Not much of a singer at the games. But I like these little images you're making up of me in your head. I can tell you're obviously a very hate-filled individual.

I also like the "little bitch" comment. It's ironic though because I only imagine it's little bitches that call others little bitches over the internet. :lol:

I'm not hate filled at all.

I pity those who are gullible enough to be taken in by the smoke and mirrors offered by Mr Salmond and Ms Sturgeon.

I dislike those who try to destroy my country, the country I proudly served and the flag I've seen draped on the coffins of friends. I dislike them but I can kind of get it when it's those from certain ethnic backgrounds as they are only doing what nature and nurture developed them to do.

I cannot understand how anyone can be a Rangers fan and support the dissolution of the Union. The two things are completely incompatible in my mind.

Lastly I didn't call you a little bitch; I asked if you behaved like one. If your response is something along the lines of "well what does that make you" then I guess you really are one.

If you read mine you'd understand that my only point is that no one has the right to tell anyone who can and cannot support Rangers. But alas, you have not read what I have been saying and instead continue to come out with this gibberish.

Oh dear its not going well for you is it? You pile in with nonsense, get slaughtered and resort to some complete nonsense when you started about football and politics being unconnected. My point is, whether you or I like it or not (I clearly stated I dont, you obviously missed that), others have chosen to victimise Rangers and Rangers fans for political reasons. You choose to vote with a party that has bought in laws aimed at criminalising football fans so you shouldnt be surprised that football fans, Rangers fans especially, take issue with that.

They have every right to question your support given some of the complete nonsense you have been spouting. That you seem to have such a narrow grasp of the meaning of 'politics' is patently the issue with your lack of comprehension.

So, was that right?

Does it? So Rangers FC has no more than 51,000 supporters, maximum?

Away days most of us aren't Rangers supporters. :lol: This fuckin place.

Did we get 51,000 through the door last season? Must have missed that. You seemed to have no issue with those who stopped supporting the team because of the Board. Are you trying to rewrite your history?

Thousands stayed away and didnt support the team (many have returned). That seems to be most peoples stance with your national team. Not going because they dont like who the team represents. Seems like you are arguing last years black is this years white.

I pity those who are gullible enough to be taken in by the smoke and mirrors offered by Mr Salmond and Ms Sturgeon.

I dislike those who try to destroy my country, the country I proudly served and the flag I've seen draped on the coffins of friends. I dislike them but I can kind of get it when it's those from certain ethnic backgrounds as they are only doing what nature and nurture developed them to do.

I cannot understand how anyone can be a Rangers fan and support the dissolution of the Union. The two things are completely incompatible in my mind.

Lastly I didn't call you a little bitch; I asked if you behaved like one. If your response is something along the lines of "well what does that make you" then I guess you really are one.

It's easy. You just have to remember that the (for argument's sake) million other people that support Rangers don't have the same mind as you, therefore don't necessarily support Rangers for the same reasons or in the same way. There is no incompatibility for alot of people. Despite being a No voter, there is no incompatibility for me, because I don't associate Rangers with Unionist in the way many do. I associate it with family and my own personal heritage. I'd imagine it's similar for alot of Yes voters.

I've said it before, you tend to become a Rangers fan at about 5. Politics develops later with personal experiences, so it's always going to be likely that the politics of Rangers fans will vary quite a lot.

50 voters think less of fellow Rangers fans because they choose to support their country?

That's pretty sad.

Maybe the OP should ask these 50 if they're Scottish.

I couldnt vote as, not being Scottish, I couldnt pick a reason for not caring. I guess they would all be Scottish as the poll is not inclusive (maybe non-Scots arent welcome as Rangers fans in the OPs world?)

Aye, you're right mate. Should have gone with the straight-talking Cameron, Brown and Darling.

There's a difference between wanting to destroy a country and wanting a government revamp.

Incompatible in your mind, yes. I think it's fair to say we've established your mind must operate in very narrow parameters.

I can see me calling you out on the "little bitch" comment has hit a nerve. Don't need be so butt hurt about it mate. Just don't imply people are "little bitches" when you have a keyboard in front of you.

Oh dear its not going well for you is it? You pile in with nonsense, get slaughtered and resort to some complete nonsense when you started about football and politics being unconnected. My point is, whether you or I like it or not (I clearly stated I dont, you obviously missed that), others have chosen to victimise Rangers and Rangers fans for political reasons. You choose to vote with a party that has bought in laws aimed at criminalising football fans so you shouldnt be surprised that football fans, Rangers fans especially, take issue with that.

They have every right to question your support given some of the complete nonsense you have been spouting. That you seem to have such a narrow grasp of the meaning of 'politics' is patently the issue with your lack of comprehension.

I'm going to ask questions from now on because I can't tell if you're actually expressing an opinion or if you're just sitting on your keyboard and hitting post.

What laws did the SNP bring in that criminalised football fans?

What have I said that is nonsense?

No, nothing to do with nationalism or patriotism. I made a vote based on what I thought was best and what appealed to me from reading the white paper and doing my own research. Unlike yourself who I imagine voted no so your Union Jack tattoo still held validity.

There is no economic case.

One based on oil, totally blown out of the water on recent events, but there never was one in the first place even without an oil recession. Our fields are fucked, dead, nienty!

Oil support industry now in terminal decline.

No more Faslane/Couport.

No more marine defence contracts.

NHS Scotland in meltdown.

Thousands of civil servants propping an impotent bankrupt institution that we have to pay for.

Now what the fuck do we produce that would create wealth to balance our books and sustain our economy? Funny, I just can't think of any.

Raise taxes? Well that would be difficult with everyone on the dole!

Lastly, the best one, bring in tens of thousands of economic migrants from the EU to stimulate the economy. Now whomever thought that one up, needs locked up. Just more migrants scamming state benefits!

Our only chance of balancing the books are subsidies from Westminster as was always the case.

The yellow peril will have us all growing spuds to feed the ourselves. Wonder where they got that very original idea?!

As for the 45%. Not a free thinking brain cell between them.

The hypocrisy in this thread is embaressing.

Slating Scotland fans for wearing hats, pretty sure I've seen plenty magic hats at Ibrox recently. Slating Scotland fans for booing other anthems, hmm so we just sit quietly and respect YNWA at the piggery now do we? Don't want to cause offence ffs. It's fitba, it's rivalry, it's banter, get a grip.

If you don't support the national team then fair doos, your choice, just don't blame it on some shite excuses that are not exclusive to international football fans.

YNWA is not our national anthem though ya roaster

Sad.

I feel sad everytime I hear of a Rangers fan supporting the Scottish football team - after everything we've been through and they jump into bed standing side by side with the people that hate us and tried to kill us, putting everything to the side just to cheer that team on

It makes me feel sick if I'm honest and I honestly think less of them

What have I said that is nonsense?

The Offensive Behaviour at Football Bill.

Politics and football are entirely separate.

You arent doing very well are you?

http://m.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/jim-murphy-i-ll-scrap-snp-football-legislation-1-3595819#axzz3oSqm9tvJ

:lol: are you actually serious?

First you use employers failing to raise wages to keep up with inflation as your best reason for independence then ask that :lol:

Your a typical SNP YES voter - no clue what you are voting for