John Eustace Deal Update 23/10/15

WilliamFyfe

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only a joke if we're paying him anything beyond what would be fair for what he's doing. If he's only really doing a bit of coaching atm, that's what he should be paid for.

As long as he's not on a normal wage atm, then I have no issue with how the club are doing this. MW clearly thinks he's one to wait on, and that's good enough for me right now. Clearly he doesn't want another option, and regards JE as the right fit for the role he envisages.

maybe joke wasn't the right term to use, what I mean is he is already 35 and by the time he signs the league will be over and unless he is the next sir davie we will be looking for another replacement forhim in the summer. Warbs says he isn't part of the club officially so I took that to mean he wasn't being paid although I could be wrong.

nope I can't understand why you think it's a joke.we have given him the opertunity to regain fitness in the hope that a deal benifits both parties if anything this is a positive reminder of how well we are being managed.

I agree with you in part but if a guy who is 35 still isn't fit this far into the season then he won't be 100% for the remainder of it and I can't help but think we should be looking to bring in someone for next season..

maybe joke wasn't the right term to use, what I mean is he is already 35 and by the time he signs the league will be over and unless he is the next sir davie we will be looking for another replacement forhim in the summer. Warbs says he isn't part of the club officially so I took that to mean he wasn't being paid although I could be wrong.

I added an extra sentence in an edit mate.

At 35 in the role he's likely to play, he could still do a couple for years. More than happy for MW to decide how much he values him and how long he's willing to wait. There will be a cut off point, but let's let the guy with the info and the magic hat make that call.

Who knows, maybe he's looked around and not seen anyone else that he could get that fits the bill.

I added an extra sentence in an edit mate.

At 35 in the role he's likely to play, he could still do a couple for years. More than happy for MW to decide how much he values him and how long he's willing to wait. There will be a cut off point, but let's let the guy with the info and the magic hat make that call.

Who knows, maybe he's looked around and not seen anyone else that he could get that fits the bill.

your right and logically I know that but after seeing so many guys coming in for a wage over the years who were clearly past it has made me cynical.hopefully he proves me wrong :pipe:

your right and logically I know that but after seeing so many guys coming in for a wage over the years who were clearly past it has made me cynical.hopefully he proves me wrong :pipe:

To be fair in the guy, at least he's came up here and tried to prove his fitness, he also seems to have a positive effect on the team, but I think enough is enough. I'm sure there are plenty players of a similar level who are fit and younger willing to come to us and do a job.

To be fair in the guy, at least he's came up here and tried to prove his fitness, he also seems to have a positive effect on the team, but I think enough is enough. I'm sure there are plenty players of a similar level who are fit and younger willing to come to us and do a job.

agreed, more than one player has came out and praised him for what he does around auchenhowie but I am still wary about signing him uon a first team players wages, but as inigo says we have to trust that warbs knows better than us.

I agree with you he is now holding up another potential signing that would be integral to our style of play and team setup

I agree with you he is now holding up another potential signing that would be integral to our style of play and team setup

You can't possibly know that.