Today Might Be For The Best

Thermopylae

If we don't win the league we won't go up in my opinion. The honeymoon period is well and truly over. Either MW needs to find a solution or Plan B to get us winning again or the board need bring in players that will carry out MW's Plan A better.

We have improved dramatically from last year in terms of quality of football but there are still areas that haven't been addressed. For example lazy, lacklustre defending and dreadful corners/deliveries from set pieces.

We are still suffering from the simple fact of we go a goal down we struggle to get anything out of it. And right now going a goal down seems to feel like game over for us.

If we don't win the league we won't go up in my opinion. The honeymoon period is well and truly over. Either MW needs to find a solution or Plan B to get us winning again or the board need bring in players that will carry out MW's Plan A better.

We have improved dramatically from last year in terms of quality of football but there are still areas that haven't been addressed. For example lazy, lacklustre defending and dreadful corners/deliveries from set pieces.

We are still suffering from the simple fact of we go a goal down we struggle to get anything out of it. And right now going a goal down seems to feel like game over for us.

Good post

Especially agree with the set pieces - McKay is fucking murder

There can be absolutely no complacency when the transfer window opens in January we need quality and we need it now ... hopefully when we look back at the end of the season we agree it was the players we signed in January that made the difference

A good point.

No today wasn't for the best - it's just people trying to desperately trying to seek solice in another absolute stinker

Solace mate. Solace.

But I get what you mean, but you gotta take positives from a negative where you can. It was all bad, we're still maintaining a domination of possession. Problem is is we need to make that count for something.

There can be absolutely no complacency when the transfer window opens in January we need quality and we need it now ... hopefully when we look back at the end of the season we agree it was the players we signed in January that made the difference

While I can never like seeing Rangers get beat there us no doubt our board needs some pressure.

It's not long till they've been in a year and the lack of scrutiny is just depressing, it will set us back years unless it stops now.

No today wasn't for the best - it's just people trying to desperately trying to seek solice in another absolute stinker

Exactly, I was so fuckin sick at full time I had to go out in the back garden to calm down, then sitting with my phone watching Flash Scores the hivs game was intae the fourth minute of extra time and then it changed to 1-0, I honestly just about launched my phone through the telly, gutted is an understatement and the op says its for the best ?

Havent wanted to oass judgement to harshly on the new board but January is vital, we need new signings and if the board want us to believe in them then they better get their hands in their pockets

Quality costs money, will the board have deep enough pockets?

Anything we get will be a stop gap not quality, that will come in the summer if we win this.

Quality does cost money, but quality doesn't normally drop to the second tier of scottish football.

Biggest issue for me is protection for the back 2 (as it is most of the time). Halliday is a good footballer when we're in posession of the ball but his desire to keep getting involved tends to get him too far ahead of the central defenders leaving them exposed. The position needs a player who is disciplined, mostly defensively minded and is a good reader of the game. That for me, is the number one target area and where, I believe MW had pinned his hopes on Eustace. Other positions, such as another striker or central defender are secondary, but I don't think the defence has been that bad...just exposed.

If we had done that it would have been hailed the mark of champions.

What your saying is, if Rangers had scored a last minute goal (equaliser for us, winner for them) like Hibs it would have been hailed as the mark of champions?

I really don't think it would have mate, I think the general consensus among the squad and fans would still be annoyed about the performance and that it wasn't a win. I don't think any Rangers fan would see the Hibs result after our loss and then make the statement you did to be honest :shifty: