New Formation And The Team For Hibs ?

Davidmackie1990

Personally I would like to see a 4-2-3-1 in this game .

Fod

Tav ball rob Wallace

Law halliday

Wag holt mckay

Miller

Like the idea of have that extra sitting player but still have a good attacking force . Feel middle of the park push forward to much at times .

What's people's thoughts ?

I would honestly rather we change the formation altogether unless we get the quality players to play the 4-3-3 i.e a good CDM, fullbacks that will defend and centrebacks who are quick and can read the game along with quick attacking players up top. I would maybe go with a 4-2-3-1, but I dont even know if we have the players to utilise that formation as I dont really think we have a proper CDM at the club. I just think the 4-3-3 is leaving us far too exposed, which is effecively like saying screw the defence and leave two back.

I would honestly rather we change the formation altogether unless we get the quality players to play the 4-3-3 i.e a good CDM, fullbacks that will defend and centrebacks who are quick and can read the game along with quick attacking players up top.

How many transfer windows has Warburton had?

I really hope we don't change formation this close to a big game having only played one way all season. I like the formation and the style we play, what we need is quality in a few key positions. Until the January transfer window opens I'd like to see Halliday pushed out wide left where he is comfortable, Thompson to come in as defensive mid. McKay out on the right where he can help out Tavernier and cover up some of his defensive frailties. Waghorn through the middle with Clark booted to fuck never to be seen again. If Halliday must be played defensive Mid then it must be a midfield trio of him, Holt and Law.

Wes

Tav Kiernan Ball Wallace

Thompson

Holt Law

McKay Waghorn Halliday.

How many transfer windows has Warburton had?

I would change it the now until he gets the players he needs for the roles but there aint any harm to change the formation when things arent working out, obviously next week might be a wee bit soon to try experementing though.

Could Wilson play as DM at least for now? He has the passing and can tackle but does not inspire as the last-ditch tackler.

No, just no!....That's the kind of wish McCoist used to come out with...he's a CH, play him there. If you want a change at DCM then you play Thompson as that's his position. Sick of players being shoehorned in to unnatural positions.

WE CANT CHANGE FORMATION

WE PLAY 4 3 3 AT EVERY LEVEL IN MURRAY PARK SO ALL OUR YOUTH ARE READY TO PLAY IN OUR PHILOSOPHY WHEN THEY COME OF AGE.

In my mind that would be hitting the panic button, same as the idea of stating Darren McGregor should have stayed when he shouldn't have.

This is our philosophy and you don't just change it because a diddy team with no philosophy got lucky...

We have trained since July so every Rangers player knows what to do in their position in this formation+philosophy including our youth so it would be tearing up all of our work since then and becoming like a pub team with no philosophy.

Foderingham
Tavernier Kiernan Ball Wallace
Law Holt Halliday
McKay Waghorn Miller

Zelalem, even if fit, should have no more than a bench spot and Oduwa the same. Neither seem capable of playing with the kind of urgency we need and either try the glory pass too often or just piss about with no end product. If Law gets fucked then sub for Zelalem.
Tavernier needs better in front of him than Wallace, because Wallace is a better player and Tavernier's been toiling pretty much since McKay got swapped to the left so I'd play McKay right and Miller left and tell Miller to work his balls off and plan on lasting 60 mins max, give Oduwa or Sheils the last half hour depending on the score.

If we play to our ability we'll beat the junkie cunts but we need to stop pissing around passing balls in the centre on the edge of the 18 yard box and we need to have a thought to what happens if a pass gets intercepted. Too often right now we'll try those passes or run straight into blocks and make the other teams defensive job too easy for them.

WE CANT CHANGE FORMATION

WE PLAY 4 3 3 AT EVERY LEVEL IN MURRAY PARK SO ALL OUR YOUTH ARE READY TO PLAY IN OUR PHILOSOPHY WHEN THEY COME OF AGE.

In my mind that would be hitting the panic button, same as the idea of stating Darren McGregor should have stayed when he shouldn't have.

This is our philosophy and you don't just change it because a diddy team with no philosophy got lucky...

We have trained since July so every Rangers player knows what to do in their position in this formation+philosophy including our youth so it would be tearing up all of our work since then and becoming like a pub team with no philosophy.

Tactical tweaks are necessary until we have enough depth to change the game with personnel changes only.

WE CANT CHANGE FORMATION

A manager has to pin point what's going wrong and change accordingly. its good management not changing philosophy.

WE CANT CHANGE FORMATION

The philosophy is a good one if it works. But it has not been working well against Falkirk, Morton, Livingston and Hibs, and since as you say we have been training every day since July this way, we either do not have the players capable of playing the system and we need some new ones or the system might need to be changed a little.

The most important thing for us this year is getting promoted IMO and W & W need to do whatever is required to make that happen, and for me that might include tweaking the system at times to get the results we require.

No, just no!....That's the kind of wish McCoist used to come out with...he's a CH, play him there. If you want a change at DCM then you play Thompson as that's his position. Sick of players being shoehorned in to unnatural positions.

So it's better to just pretend we don't need a DM until we can buy one? Or do you reckon Halliday is a born DM who has been played out of position his whole career? And how do you know why Thompson is not being played? And what do you base your expertise upon in reckoning Wilson's capabilities in a role that you are basically admitting you have no knowledge of him filling?

Quick conclusions are not always the best!

And using McCoist's name in a quasi-Godwin's Law manner does not make your argument stronger.