Up To Their Eyes In Debt........

mrmojorisin

If and when we get back to Europe on a regular basis and keep them out, the whole shit house will crumble.

Europe is the only thing keeping them afloat, and conning english clubs to buy players

They can't get into the Champions' league anyway, so how much can we hurt them? We can't keep them out of the Europa league.

I think that we would help them financially a lot, better ticket sales, merchandize, F&B etc. I think they are hurting financially without us. When we get there, they will eventually have to build a more competitive squad, but they'll also get more revenue.

I think all the Celtic tough talk about us is just posturing and PR to their supporters, in reality their business people are hoping that we get back ASAP.

They can't get into the Champions' league anyway, so how much can we hurt them? We can't keep them out of the Europa league.

I think that we would help them financially a lot, better ticket sales, merchandize, F&B etc. I think they are hurting financially without us. When we get there, they will eventually have to build a more competitive squad, but they'll also get more revenue.

I think all the Celtic tough talk about us is just posturing and PR to their supporters, in reality their business people are hoping that we get back ASAP.

They were fools to vote us out of the spl. I think that they thought we'd just go down one division, and that we'd be back playing them, at the very least, four times a season.

Whenever I speak to their fans that have half a brain, they all say that we should never have been kicked out the spl, and that they want/need us back in the Premiership asap. Some of them have lost interest in their team, as they are not good enough for the champions league, but will walk the Scottish Premiership every year we're not in it.

They were fools to vote us out of the spl. I think that they thought we'd just go down one division, and that we'd be back playing them, at the very least, four times a season.

Whenever I speak to their fans that have half a brain, they all say that we should never have been kicked out the spl, and that they want/need us back in the Premiership asap. Some of them have lost interest in their team, as they are not good enough for the champions league, but will walk the Scottish Premiership every year we're not in it.

That always surprises me, the constant obsession with us, and not their own team. If they had been demoted then I would have seriously been happy to see them struggle and hopefully never play them again, as they are such an odious club, staining the name of sporting integrity wherever they go, and their fans are such a bunch of obsessive, needy, chip on the shoulder, delusional ignorant lot who think football owes them all the time.

Sure the Old Firm games were exciting, but their constant anti British sentiments, and support of terrorism in this country and abroad have no place in football in this great country of ours.

Best rid of them in my opinion, no more hatred and possibly the likes of us Hearts and Aberdeen would have found we would have more support if we proposed entry to the English league.

And they could fuck off to their beloved "homeland" to play football in the League of Ireland.

Scottish game would have moved on years ago if they ceased to exist.

Sickens me when the great journos of this country laud over this we'll run financially stable club

They are however world masters at the propaganda game

The latest thing that has migrated from the board is the line that they don't want to risk liquidation

This is an excuse to stop spending

Very soon the blame for the savilles perilous financial position will be because we got into trouble,the irony bring it was a lieswell inspired hate campaign that led to us ending up it div 3,

A fact frequently forgotten in the whole saga we have been through is there was no mechanism for us to leave the spl when we first entered admin,the rules were rewritten to make money for the filth in the spl.a plan which massively back fired

If we cast our minds back we will remember the nonsense spouted at the time,the savilles would be banking money while we were out of the top flight and have plenty of cash to rebuild the team on our return

Just think how bad their situation would be if they hadn't poxed champions league cash twice since we went into admin

It's going to be good viewing over the next few years watching us overtake a self inflicted financially hamstrung club struggle to compete with us

I tbh wonder how they would've voted if that vote was close. If my memory doesn't fail me, the Celtic were dead silent for a long while about how they are going to vote. I felt that they pretty much waited, saw that other teams are going to vote against Rangers anyway, and then they voted against too, to appease their supporters.

It just seems to me that Desmond and Lawwell don't really give two shits about emotions and Rangers vs. Celtic, all they care about is the financial bottom line, and they likely would've voted for the Rangers if that vote wasn't hopeless.

Sickens me when the great journos of this country laud over this we'll run financially stable club

They are however world masters at the propaganda game

The latest thing that has migrated from the board is the line that they don't want to risk liquidation

This is an excuse to stop spending

Very soon the blame for the savilles perilous financial position will be because we got into trouble,the irony bring it was a lieswell inspired hate campaign that led to us ending up it div 3,

A fact frequently forgotten in the whole saga we have been through is there was no mechanism for us to leave the spl when we first entered admin,the rules were rewritten to make money for the filth in the spl.a plan which massively back fired

If we cast our minds back we will remember the nonsense spouted at the time,the savilles would be banking money while we were out of the top flight and have plenty of cash to rebuild the team on our return

Just think how bad their situation would be if they hadn't poxed champions league cash twice since we went into admin

It's going to be good viewing over the next few years watching us overtake a self inflicted financially hamstrung club struggle to compete with us

The liquidation plus UEFA fair play, both are great excuses for them right now, their every annual report keeps repeating those.

In reality, they give a good deal of money to their shareholders via dividends and convertible loans each year, plus they mostly gamble on buying raw prospects that either bust or get sold. They also seem to invest some money into the stadium and its surroundings, which isn't a bad thing. In reality, they could build a more competitive squad even under current circumstances, they just don't feel the need to do it and they have their excuses that they can give to fans. "Look at the Rangers, we are being smarter" and "UEFA won't let us."

The liquidation plus UEFA fair play, both are great excuses for them right now, their every annual report keeps repeating those.

In reality, they give a good deal of money to their shareholders via dividends and convertible loans each year, plus they mostly gamble on buying raw prospects that either bust or get sold. They also seem to invest some money into the stadium and its surroundings, which isn't a bad thing. In reality, they could build a more competitive squad even under current circumstances, they just don't feel the need to do it and they have their excuses that they can give to fans. "Look at the Rangers, we are being smarter" and "UEFA won't let us."

You seem to be very clued up to what they do. A bit suspicious about you, I could be wrong, but I think you're one of them bastards!

It was the GCC that invested money into their stadium, and its surrounding, just before the Commonwealth Games.

I tbh wonder how they would've voted if that vote was close. If my memory doesn't fail me, the Celtic were dead silent for a long while about how they are going to vote. I felt that they pretty much waited, saw that other teams are going to vote against Rangers anyway, and then they voted against too, to appease their supporters.

It just seems to me that Desmond and Lawwell don't really give two shits about emotions and Rangers vs. Celtic, all they care about is the financial bottom line, and they likely would've voted for the Rangers if that vote wasn't hopeless.

Celtic wanted us to stay in the top league but in a weakened state with points deductions for several seasons. The fans of all the teams forced their clubs to vote against us otherwise they would boycott their team. They then caved in and voted against us with the expectation that the fans would back them more than ever to make up for the shortfall of us not being there. The fans of the other clubs failed their teams and did not give the support they pledged in the event we got booted down.

UEFA fair play has been relaxed now it was proved unworkable

Also any redevelopment was done for the commonwealth games OPENING ceremony

Pro rata more money was spent on this opening than the Olympics in London which was widely criticised

And why the reason to not invest because we are not in top league,the real cash is in Europe and more investment would reap rewards

Look at some of the teams in cl this year ,the savilles budget dwarfs some of them already

Counting the cost of not getting a decent head coach

Hahahaha ?

You seem to be very clued up to what they do. A bit suspicious about you, I could be wrong, but I think you're one of them bastards!

It was the GCC that invested money into their stadium, and its surrounding, just before the Commonwealth Games.

Well I read Celtic annual reports, so I must be a Celtic. Just like everyone who reads Rangers annual reports is a 100% Rangers supporter, as we all know, right.

UEFA fair play has been relaxed now it was proved unworkable

Also any redevelopment was done for the commonwealth games OPENING ceremony

Pro rata more money was spent on this opening than the Olympics in London which was widely criticised

And why the reason to not invest because we are not in top league,the real cash is in Europe and more investment would reap rewards

Look at some of the teams in cl this year ,the savilles budget dwarfs some of them already

Counting the cost of not getting a decent head coach

Hahahaha

Wait, are you guys sure that everything is done for public money, even Celtic statues, that big banner with Celtic players that covers all the stadium, future standing area transformation?

(Not saying it isn't, I'm just surprised to hear and sucks for Rangers if true)

I wonder how their current payroll compares to Maribor, Molde, the Polish team, etc. Teams that they lost against on their way to CL. I suspect that they already outspend these teams by far. So I think it's hard to say if more investment would reap those Euro rewards, if they are already losing to teams that they outspend by far.

I think it's more that they probably need a change in overall strategy --- less gambling on young guys, keeping good prospects longer. They have smart financial guys, as far as making owners money, just not ambitious on the pitch.

Well I read Celtic annual reports, so I must be a Celtic. Just like everyone who reads Rangers annual reports is a 100% Rangers supporter, as we all know, right.

Well they lost £5 million this year , so far ,they owe in total £15 million ,then they owe the co-op £20 million ,oh' they are thriving ,they are taking loans from shareholders to get by ,look at P.Z.J. HE knows what they are worth down to the last penny , they also owe £450,000 for security they cannot afford any players in January ,they NEED us to go up so as to secure their future ,they are bang in trouble .do not believe the hype .

Well they lost £5 million this year , so far ,they owe in total £15 million ,then they owe the co-op £20 million ,oh' they are thriving ,they are taking loans from shareholders to get by ,look at P.Z.J. HE knows what they are worth down to the last penny , they also owe £450,000 for security they cannot afford any players in January ,they NEED us to go up so as to secure their future ,they are bang in trouble .do not believe the hype .

Don't they owe 7 mil to the bank? At least that's what they seemed to say in their annual report. Of course there are also many convertible shares, which is kind of like a loan from shareholders, and a tool for Desmond to get money out of Celtic.

Don't they owe 7 mil to the bank? At least that's what they seemed to say in their annual report. Of course there are also many convertible shares, which is kind of like a loan from shareholders, and a tool for Desmond to get money out of Celtic.

mate P.Z.J is all over this ,then Dermott Desmond has a huge cut from them ,they are in trouble and with No income from Europe or from the filth that go to Breezeblock shithole or otherwise known as B.J.K.stadia ,then things ain't rosy plus no money from their sponsors in George Square then things are tough for them ,me I'd love to see these scum get worse and worse ,remember Liewell is not known for his prudent investments ,him and that 4 eyed bastard Wilson fucked the Scottish coal industry [ allegedly ] ,also not forgetting the dodgy film companies that they need to pay back to H.M.R.C ,a few company directors involved ,things are not good for them mate .

Is this another 'they're gonni get it' thread? Because we've had thousands of them since 2012 and fuck all has happened to them..

yup, people seem to think that dermot desmond and the other irish billionaiore shareholder and fan are gonna let celtic go tits up over pocket change to them

Wait, are you guys sure that everything is done for public money, even Celtic statues, that big banner with Celtic players that covers all the stadium, future standing area transformation?

(Not saying it isn't, I'm just surprised to hear and sucks for Rangers if true)

I wonder how their current payroll compares to Maribor, Molde, the Polish team, etc. Teams that they lost against on their way to CL. I suspect that they already outspend these teams by far. So I think it's hard to say if more investment would reap those Euro rewards, if they are already losing to teams that they outspend by far.

I think it's more that they probably need a change in overall strategy --- less gambling on young guys, keeping good prospects longer. They have smart financial guys, as far as making owners money, just not ambitious on the pitch.

Enough has been done with public money,

Anybody that thinks they would've invested the money in that pathway up to the stadium rather than put a a player on the park and a few euros in fritzels hip are deluded

The public owed land was sold at a fraction of its worth to help secure finance to keep them going "financial doping"

Much was made of fat Mike having security over some of our assets in the media and the filth were all over it ridiculing our club for hawking our assets for finance,finance at a time when our club was strangled financially by gross deliberate mismanagement

Meanwhile over at the other end of the city we have a club lauded by our wonderful media as a well run club that wouldn't dare take the risks of that big bad rangers on the south side of the river

While all the time the goody two shoes at the Brendan bowl have hawked every asset of value to a bank for under market value interest loans to keep them competing "financial doping"

For years there's been money leaving that club in dividends to fritzel and co lining their pockets ,even when oneil was in charge there was millions leaving the club to keep shareholders happy

I'm sure at the time oneil publicly stated he wanted to forego his dividend which was around 1m pounds in order for it to be channeled into the team

There's a shit storm brewing over at that cess pit and the sooner our man with the magic hat gets a go at them their days competing will be over ,

Already the days of the fans mantra of faithful froo and froo has proved to be bollox,a Rangers team that's portrayed as being financially burdened will start to overtake them and the natives will turn their back even more than they have

How ironic that our darkest hour second only to that January in 1971 will help us maintain our position as Scotland's greatest club for at least another generation

Tims took great delight on our troubles

But as the phrase says

He who laughs last laughs longest

Enough has been done with public money,

Anybody that thinks they would've invested the money in that pathway up to the stadium rather than put a a player on the park and a few euros in fritzels hip are deluded

The public owed land was sold at a fraction of its worth to help secure finance to keep them going "financial doping"

Much was made of fat Mike having security over some of our assets in the media and the filth were all over it ridiculing our club for hawking our assets for finance,finance at a time when our club was strangled financially by gross deliberate mismanagement

Meanwhile over at the other end of the city we have a club lauded by our wonderful media as a well run club that wouldn't dare take the risks of that big bad rangers on the south side of the river

While all the time the goody two shoes at the Brendan bowl have hawked every asset of value to a bank for under market value interest loans to keep them competing "financial doping"

For years there's been money leaving that club in dividends to fritzel and co lining their pockets ,even when oneil was in charge there was millions leaving the club to keep shareholders happy

I'm sure at the time oneil publicly stated he wanted to forego his dividend which was around 1m pounds in order for it to be channeled into the team

There's a shit storm brewing over at that cess pit and the sooner our man with the magic hat gets a go at them their days competing will be over ,

Already the days of the fans mantra of faithful froo and froo has proved to be bollox,a Rangers team that's portrayed as being financially burdened will start to overtake them and the natives will turn their back even more than they have

How ironic that our darkest hour second only to that January in 1971 will help us maintain our position as Scotland's greatest club for at least another generation

Tims took great delight on our troubles

But as the phrase says

He who laughs last laughs longest

Their bank loan rates seem great, right? Something like 1.5-2.2% annual interest, it seems. Also it looks that they've reduced bank debt by around 3 mil in a year to 7 mil.

They also say that about 6 mil has been invested into Celtic park over the last two years, but like you say, who knows how much of that was their own money.

But overall they do seem like an organization that could've spent a bit more on players but chose to spend elsewhere. I know some people say that their report only shows half the picture and there are big hidden problems, and maybe that's true, I can't speak about that.

I think in general too much is made about using assets as securities, it's ok to use them to get decent interest rates, that goes for us and them and big English clubs, etc.

I think our big problem was that we gave up 26% of merchandize profit and all those securities for just a 5 mil loan. Maybe nothing better could be done back then, but still, those terms suck. In theory it was a no interest loan, but 26% of merchandize profit for a 5 mil loan isn't no interest, it's high interest. We gave up a bunch of securities over real estate and even securities over our brand and a bunch of revenue just to get 5 mil.

Their bank loan rates seem great, right? Something like 1.5-2.2% annual interest, it seems. Also it looks that they've reduced bank debt by around 3 mil in a year to 7 mil.

They also say that about 6 mil has been invested into Celtic park over the last two years, but like you say, who knows how much of that was their own money.

But overall they do seem like an organization that could've spent a bit more on players but chose to spend elsewhere. I know some people say that their report only shows half the picture and there are big hidden problems, and maybe that's true, I can't speak about that.

I think in general too much is made about using assets as securities, it's ok to use them to get decent interest rates, that goes for us and them and big English clubs, etc.

I think our big problem was that we gave up 26% of merchandize profit and all those securities for just a 5 mil loan. Maybe nothing better could be done back then, but still, those terms suck. In theory it was a no interest loan, but 26% of merchandize profit for a 5 mil loan isn't no interest, it's high interest. We gave up a bunch of securities over real estate and even securities over our brand and a bunch of revenue just to get 5 mil.

Was a board with Rangers at heart in charge when the deal was signed with fat Mike

Naw

Was investment allowed from others to stop this agreement

Naw

You aint comparing apples with apples