Mcgregor Myth...

graeme_4

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday showed Darren McGregor for what he is: a poor footballer.

More often than not, he'll leather or header the ball back in the same direction it came from, often when under no pressure to do so.

Wilson misplaced a few passes and Kiernan should have been aware of Cummings for their first, but we won and I'm sure Warburton will address those issues during the week's training sessions. On the whole, I thought Wilson and Kiernan were okay yesterday.

Yesterday showed Darren McGregor for what he is: a poor footballer.

More often than not, he'll leather or header the ball back in the same direction it came from, often when under no pressure to do so.

Wilson misplaced a few passes and Kiernan should have been aware of Cummings for their first, but we won and I'm sure Warburton will address those issues during the week's training sessions. On the whole, I thought Wilson and Kiernan were okay yesterday.

Wilson was terrible yesterday a thought

You're a reed battling bastard, and you'll be banned soon.

See ya.

:tank:

Eh wit

Read the forum rules before posting false accusations with swear words

I'm a Rangers fan so if you accuse me of being a non Rangers fan one more time in any thread then I will report you to admin drunkard, this isn't a pub this is a forum

You could actually see when Waldo noticed mcgregor had been moved to right back he put his arm round McKay and told him to go at him.

That's legendary^

I'm glad our team have sense and know what mcgregor is really like etc instead of some of the panic button merchants on here who said we shouldn't have let mcgregor and stevie smith etc go just because of one loss to Falkirk when we're still top

McGregor was rank yesterday and in general is a pretty limited footballer. He is still more dependable than Danny Wilson.

More dependable if you rely on him to just header the ball away with no accuracy every time you give him it or else if u want long balls lumped in the air ...

Oh wait Danny Wilson can hit better long balls than mcgregor as well as being a better defender too, I guess mcgregor is more dependable if you are an amateur team who want to header the ball all day like Roy Rovers but that's about all pis pants mcgregor offers

Battyboy raging again.

If you knew a bit about the game you'd understand that things like missing a header, sliding in like you're going down a water flume, not pushing out with the rest of the defence and playing guys onside are simple errors and can't always be blamed on "total football", or whatever other excuse you want to come up with.

the post you quote was a response to Wilmot Brek who called our defence 'shite' so obviously you're agreeing with him.

and you go on to say that our defence - the likes of Kiernan and Ball, can't head a ball or tackle and chronically play guys onside.

to suggest these good players can't head a ball or tackle is fuckin' bullshit and you, as a Ger's supporter, should be ashamed of yourself for saying so.

the defence, like our whole system, is a work in progress.

can the players and the system improve? aye.

but calling or agreeing that the defence is 'shite' is disgraceful, considering the effort and results these lads have given us this season.

and while we can certainly improve, a system, like Warb's, which commits so much offensively, will always leave itself more vulnerable defensively no matter how much it is perfected.

anyone with a semblance of football common sense would realize this.

Defence is far better than it was over the last 3 years, but would get tore apart against European teams every time.

Wilson is an accident waiting to happen every time he plays.

yes, our defence is better than the last few years, and is far from the 'shite' Wilmot describes.

how would it do in europe?

as mentioned, we are a work in progress.

however, what i am sure of is that by the time Warbs gets us into europe, we will be more than ready to take on continental teams.

our team is also playing their style of football, and if you look at the abysmal record of scottish football tactics, well, we can't do much worse, can we?

as for Wilson, as i said, he needs to get the finger out.

it's remarkable to me that he, along with Nicky Clark, is having the problems he's having.

i thought both would be better.

Warbs knows the score with them, though, that's why Wilson's been on the bench so much lately.

i don't think it's too much to ask to give Warbs another few months to try and work out things with them.

i don't think we're patient enough these days with Warbs or players.

we've had many good players in the past who needed time to adjust, Mark Hateley for one.

none of us thought he'd ever reach the heights of head butting a paedo ;)