The Gaffers Signings

hammer93

The one who has not yet won me over is Waghorn. Misses too many chances and, if you take away his penalties, his rate is not too impressive. As to the loan players, at their age, Denis Law was an International player.

Waghorn has 14/15 goals from open play, has he not? That's still very impressive if you ask me..

Foderingham - 8/10

Tavernier - 7/10

Kiernan - 6/10

Wilson - 5/10

Ball - 6/10

Halliday 7/10

Zelalem - 6/10

Holt - 9/10

Oduwa - 6/10

Waghorn - 8.5/10

I don't remember a game where we were not seriously suspect at the back, for that reason they all get prety lowish scores.

I think Zelalem and Oduwa have flattered to decieve more often than not, sparly football without actualy doing much.

I am convinced that Tavernier will leave us very open to counter attack with his style, he doesn't seem to like the tracking back part of the game.

Wasn't it due to an error in Tavs defending that Falkirk got their first goal 2 weeks ago?

Like wise with Kiernan, 3 weeks ago he lost his 1v1 and Morton I think it was went 2-1 up.

I do like Kiernan, he does show consistency, but when he drops the ball it really hurts us. but he does play up high (along with wilson and ball).

Wilson does seem the weaker of the 3 but yesterday he wasn't as bad. Ball should get a few more games before he has to go back. But then that might be why Warburton is playing wilson more.

The one who has not yet won me over is Waghorn. Misses too many chances and, if you take away his penalties, his rate is not too impressive. As to the loan players, at their age, Denis Law was an International player.

You mean the guy that's sitting atop of the goalscorers table in the whole of Scotland?

Strikers miss, if footballers didn't miss any shots then every team would easily go over 10 goals in a game. but their only human, defenders do create pressure which makes them rush their shot.

Think a few are being a bit generous towards Halliday,a few good early performances when no doubt the adrenaline was pumping but bang average since,wonder what his marks would be if he wasn't a self confessed bear.

I give Halliday a bit of room because he's not in his natural position, he's playing an unfamiliar role and doing it in front of a brand new back four.

I'm not keen on Wilson's early form but I thought he was a good signing at the time so would never blame the manager for that one.

Oduwa and Zela .. first few games they both looked like real gems and that we were lucky to have them but since then it's became clear things probably won't work out for them but again I wouldn't say they are bad signings as they have ability and are still good options to have this season regardless even if I don't think they have a future with us or automatic starters.

The rest - Fod, Tav, Ball, Kiernan, Holt, Halliday, Waghorn have all contributed and would be classed as good signings - even if some of them went off the boil a little recently they have still all added value and done us a turn and for bargain prices.

All in all I don't think anyone can be unhappy.

I still maintain, though, that the majority of these guys are not the type of player who will win us our top flight title back from Celtic and eventually get us back into the Champions League but for where we are at currently they are more than enough and good enough. Investment, decent investment needed for next season.

You got to fucking laugh at this place, most of the posters on this thread wanted the lot of them fucking shot after the Falkirk result ...

Judge them at the end of the season, if we get up they all get 10/10 because they will have done the job they were asked to do.

Wasn't it due to an error in Tavs defending that Falkirk got their first goal 2 weeks ago?

Like wise with Kiernan, 3 weeks ago he lost his 1v1 and Morton I think it was went 2-1 up.

I do like Kiernan, he does show consistency, but when he drops the ball it really hurts us. but he does play up high (along with wilson and ball).

Wilson does seem the weaker of the 3 but yesterday he wasn't as bad. Ball should get a few more games before he has to go back. But then that might be why Warburton is playing wilson more.

No it was an error by the referee, giving Falkirk a penalty, instead of a free kick outside the box. At least I think it was???

Maybe I've just been spoiled by seeing centre forwards like Jimmy Miller, Jim Forrest, Ally Mcoist and others who, although they missed some chances, had a much better conversion rate.

McCoist didn't for his first two seasons at Rangers. He was woeful in front of goal and a standing joke amongst the crowds at the time. His general play was also abysmal. In his 3rd season something clicked and the goals started flying in.

I don't think Waghorn will ever develop into as good a finisher as McCoist turned into but his all-round play is already much better. McCoist only added that to his game after Walter took over from Souness.

Pretty much agree with the OP's ratings. The point for me is when did we ever have a manager with that sort of success with his signings? And he had very little time or budget to work with. 10/10 for Warburton indeed.

tbh i bet had we not suffered the last 3 seasons we'd be a lot more critical of them