Some Dodgy Song Choices Yesterday?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't piss off the UB or they'll throw paper laced with cyanide at you.

Na you just end up with about a dozen PMs saying "were not wee boys ya fanny" and shite like that

:lol: :lol:

A bunch of mental ultras that are scared to sing a song.

And im 26, ive sat in BF1 and BF2 numerous times, 90% of the folk in the UB area are about 14.

They can sing what they like I just think half of their songs are shite and cringey, and its a bit hypocritical for them to start singing all these songs about the billy boys when youve just told me theyre scared to sing the acutal Billy Boys because they'll get bother off the polis.

Would you stand at the fitbaw in front of a cop with a camera and sing The Billy Boys, including the mock offensive line ? if no then you can't expect others to do it, if yes then yer a mad bastard with fuck all to lose :lol: ... The but they call their self ultras pish, it's kinda hard to be an ultra if you're sitting in a prison cell and the group is banned from attending matches. I'm all for belting out the Billy boys and challenging the authority's, but to expect the UB to lead the way in this when they are under more scrutiny then others and it's way too easy for them to be singled out and banned is just crazy, its got to be all of us in it together, just like the hibs match.
Like I said there is a lot of young boys in the section but to say 90% are about 14 is bullshit. I'm in there every match and the lads around me are not 14. :lol:

I bet it was the Jason Holt and Halliday song that he thinks is sectarian

Was about to come in and post this. It's sung to FTP and the IRA tune and BF1 were singing it for a period yesterday.

It was completely clear that it wasn't FTP and the IRA they were singing, but if you don't know there's another version and you're looking to be offended...

Pretty sure that's what he'll be on about.

Would you stand at the fitbaw in front of a cop with a camera and sing The Billy Boys, including the mock offensive line ? if no then you can't expect others to do it, if yes then yer a mad bastard with fuck all to lose :lol: ... The but they call their self ultras pish, it's kinda hard to be an ultra if your sitting in a prison cell and the group is banned from attending matches. I'm all for belting out the Billy boys and challenging the authority's, but to expect the UB to lead the way in this when they are under more scrutiny then others and it's way too easy for them to be singled out and banned is just crazy, its got to be all of us in it together, just like the hibs match.

Like I said there is a lot of young boys in the section but to say 90% are about 14 is bullshit. I'm in there every match and the lads around me are not 14. :lol:

They claim theres like 100 of them, the polis wont lift them all will they. And theyve all got scarves over their faces as well. Thousands of bears were singing it vs hibs but its just too dodgy for the mental ultras to do it.

And ive been done for sectarian singing and banned so I know exactly what happens.

All im saying is they make me cringe most of the time and they should drop the "were the billy boys" if they dont have the bottle to sing it. Maybe I wouldnt stand in front of a polis myself singing it but im not jumping about claiming to be some ultra fanatic fuck the polis fan and im not jumping about shouting we're the billy boys either. And if I was with 50 of my mate I probably would sing it.

From my experience standing with the UBs I wouldnt be surprised if during the hibs game when everyone else was singing it if the UBs were to all stand going "shhh" because it wasnt them who started singing it, like they seem to do with any other song that starts in a different section.

Was about to come in and post this. It's sung to FTP and the IRA tune and BF1 were singing it for a period yesterday.

It was completely clear that it wasn't FTP and the IRA they were singing, but if you don't know there's another version and you're looking to be offended...

Pretty sure that's what he'll be in about.

He must have a bigoted Babel Fish in his ear.

Never heard a sectarian word all day, until I got to a pub which was showing the scum match.

Interestingly, the BBC1 Scotland lunchtime report mentioned the scum's flares (plural), showed footage of their fans wrestling with the police over banners as flares went off around the officers' feet, and also commented on reports of "offensive chanting" by the scum. There was no mention of any trouble at our match.

You know you've jumped on a Rangers-hating bandwagon a little too late when even the BBC are pointing fingers in the opposite direction.

Then again, perhaps that had more to do with Gollum Pt II.

They claim theres like 100 of them, the polis wont lift them all will they. And theyve all got scarves over their faces as well. Thousands of bears were singing it vs hibs but its just too dodgy for the mental ultras to do it.

And ive been done for sectarian singing and banned so I know exactly what happens.

All im saying is they make me cringe most of the time and they should drop the "were the billy boys" if they dont have the bottle to sing it. Maybe I wouldnt stand in front of a polis myself singing it but im not jumping about claiming to be some ultra fanatic fuck the polis fan and im not jumping about shouting we're the billy boys either. And if I was with 50 of my mate I probably would sing it.

From my experience standing with the UBs I wouldnt be surprised if during the hibs game when everyone else was singing it if the UBs were to all stand going "shhh" because it wasnt them who started singing it, like they seem to do with any other song that starts in a different section.

We'll you're wrong again mate, if you seen the bbc report, it was the UB section belting it out that was shown on the news.

Anyway I get it you don't like the UB, fair enough will leave you to it

We'll you're wrong again mate, if you seen the bbc report, it was the UB section belting it out that was shown on the news.

Anyway I get it you don't like the UB, fair enough will leave you to it

They do that all the time.

Has anyone posted his column yet?

Only just realised that he didn't even mention their singing. Unbelievable...

Fans not showing flare play

ANOTHER high-profile Celtic away day. Another barrage of flares from their fans.

And as the smoke cleared and the live telly tie at Stranraer finally kicked off, it was once again clear that no amount of warnings can stop these numpties taking centre stage.

First question? How stewards and police could let them in armed with this stuff, when you just know your six-year-old would have a plastic Fruit Shoot bottle confiscated.

Yes, the club banned two after incidents away to Fenerbahce last month. That clearly doesn’t seem to have discouraged it, though¿.¿.¿.¿so it’s back to Peter Lawwell, above, for solutions.

All this, by the way, after tuning into Rangers-Cowdenbeath to hear a corner of what’s ironically called the Family Stand droning out of the same old, same old party songs.

Illegal? Political? Cultural? Who cares. They’re just plain boring and it’s time to move on to — ooh, I don’t know, something to do with football?

ANOTHER high-profile Celtic away day. Another barrage of flares from their fans.

And as the smoke cleared and the live telly tie at Stranraer finally kicked off, it was once again clear that no amount of warnings can stop these numpties taking centre stage.

First question? How stewards and police could let them in armed with this stuff, when you just know your six-year-old would have a plastic Fruit Shoot bottle confiscated.

Yes, the club banned two after incidents away to Fenerbahce last month. That clearly doesnt seem to have discouraged it, though¿.¿.¿.¿so its back to Peter Lawwell, above, for solutions.

All this, by the way, after tuning into Rangers-Cowdenbeath to hear a corner of whats ironically called the Family Stand droning out of the same old, same old party songs.

Illegal? Political? Cultural? Who cares. Theyre just plain boring and its time to move on to ooh, I dont know, something to do with football?

Thanks for posting.mate

Yes, the club banned two after incidents away to Fenerbahce last month. That clearly doesn’t seem to have discouraged it, though¿.¿.¿.¿so it’s back to Peter Lawwell, above, for solutions.

All this, by the way, after tuning into Rangers-Cowdenbeath to hear a corner of what’s ironically called the Family Stand droning out of the same old, same old party songs.

Illegal? Political? Cultural? Who cares. They’re just plain boring and it’s time to move on to — ooh, I don’t know, something to do with football?

Fuck sake.

Cheers for posting mate.

In fact, wouldn't surprise me if it had been tweaked after realising they were wrong to keep it just this side of factual whilst still having a go at fuck all basically. Kind of reads a bit like something that has been.

Cant say we heard any of the so called sectarian singing yesterday from where we sit in rear of main stand.What we did hear on the way home was yet another cretin bringing up the Rangers support in something that was fuck all to do with them ie Chic Young commenting on the flares etc at the Stranraer game and how the Rangers support had did the same things when they visited Stranraer.Why bring the Rangers support into the discussion regarding the scum letting off flares at Stranraer usual pish.