Some Dodgy Song Choices Yesterday?

RFC55

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hes a clown

That said, I do wish we would just cut it all together - loads of other songs we could sing. I know it's unpopular to say so but if something potentially hurts the club then you just shouldn't do it.

Just cos they get away with it isn't an excuse either. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Anyway I expect abuse for saying that but how I feel

I would love everyone who attended yesterday to get together to sue him and his paper for libel of us as a support. Ideally the club would do it, especially on the grounds that it damages our corporate brand, but we all know that's a non starter.

It would also get this topic to be debated in public and offer an opportunity to establish what is/isn't sectarian and what is/isn't deemed acceptable by the club, the legal and football authorities.

I did not hear any sectarian singing yesterday and this gives us a chance to defend ourselves but also address the media agenda against us.

I disagree with the point about drawing attention to this in here. A small number will read it in here whilst thousands will read the paper, most significantly advisors to (and) politicians and others who will see it as further 'evidence' of our big, bad, bigoted support.

The message and myth will not go away unless we challenge it.

The only way to do this is through the courts.

I would love everyone who attended yesterday to get together to sue him and his paper for libel of us as a support. Ideally the club would do it, especially on the grounds that it damages our corporate brand, but we all know that's a non starter.

It would also get this topic to be debated in public and offer an opportunity to establish what is/isn't sectarian and what is/isn't deemed acceptable by the club, the legal and football authorities.

I did not hear any sectarian singing yesterday and this gives us a chance to defend ourselves but also address the media agenda against us.

I disagree with the point about drawing attention to this in here. A small number will read it in here whilst thousands will read the paper, most significantly advisors to (and) politicians and others who will see it as further 'evidence' of our big, bad, bigoted support.

The message and myth will not go away unless we challenge it.

The only way to do this is through the courts.

I wonder if there would be any way of doing this.

Why not? its the Rangers anthem. Theyve got songs about the Billy Boys but dont sing the Billy Boys, yet call themselves Ultras and write shit like ACAB everywhere.

Mate if the UB were to start belting out The Billy boys the club would ban the group in a heartbeat and the boy with the loud speaker would get his front door kicked in by salmonds stormtroopers, charged and probably sent to prison for a few months, they are watched and filmed every fucking move by old bill and stewards. just waiting for an excuse.

Maybe you should get up of yer arse, stand in front of a cop and sing it yourself instead of having a go at others who don't. As for calling the section the creche, I'm a BF1 season ticket holder, and I see plenty of older men in the section enjoying the atmosphere . Sure there's a lot of young boys but I'd wager that the majority of the main lads from the group are of a similar age to you or older. I'm guessing you're early 20's ?

Was there yesterday and fuck all sectarian songs were sung, BL is a lying bigoted bampot, fuck him.

The Board should challenge things like this but they will say they cant have a go at every idiot who makes up a story. But until someone does it will be open season on us.

As it has been.

tried to email the club with the link on the main site. Didn't work :lol:

hes a clown

That said, I do wish we would just cut it all together - loads of other songs we could sing. I know it's unpopular to say so but if something potentially hurts the club then you just shouldn't do it.

Just cos they get away with it isn't an excuse either. Two wrongs don't make a right.

What songs sang yesterday bring trouble on the club?

hes a clown

I take it you weren't at the game yesterday?

I wasn't being sarcastic when I said there was NO sectarian singing yesterday.

He actually states something like "more banned illegal songs where heard at Ibrox from a so called family stand"

Again factually incorrect as the broomy read is the family stand not the front. I kinda wanted to know what songs he was referring to as I heard nothing dodgy at all.

I get that RFC .All this stuff does my head in though .When you see what the rodents get away with ,without as much as a peep from any of the so called fair press .To be fair to Leckie ,he does go after them on occasions but never as much as he is calling us out for stuff .Sick of all the press ..I do believe sine die bans have to start being given out though .

Lot of shite.

There was NO sectarian singing heard from my seat in SJ5. In fact, there was barely any singing at all, bar some cringey efforts from the UB.

"Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey, Glasgow Rangers."

:power_of_anguish:

Im sure one of the fans groups like SOS or UOF, you know the ones that represent the fans and whos main goal is to defend the Club will take a stand here and show some initiative. As soon as theyve finished theyre stock take.

He actually states something like "more banned illegal songs where heard at Ibrox from a so called family stand"

Again factually incorrect as the broomy read is the family stand not the front. I kinda wanted to know what songs he was referring to as I heard nothing dodgy at all.

That's a lot of shite for a start! The family stand was closed! The guys a :wanker:

Mate if the UB were to start belting out The Billy boys the club would ban the group in a heartbeat and the boy with the loud speaker would get his front door kicked in by salmonds stormtroopers, charged and probably sent to prison for a few months, they are watched and filmed every fucking move by old bill and stewards. just waiting for an excuse.

Maybe you should get up of yer arse, stand in front of a cop and sing it yourself instead of having a go at others who don't. As for calling the section the creche, I'm a BF1 season ticket holder, and I see plenty of older men in the section enjoying the atmosphere . Sure there's a lot of young boys but I'd wager that the majority of the main lads from the group are of a similar age to you or older. I'm guessing you're early 20's ?

Was there yesterday and fuck all sectarian songs were sung, BL is a lying bigoted bampot, fuck him.

:lol: :lol:

A bunch of mental ultras that are scared to sing a song.

And im 26, ive sat in BF1 and BF2 numerous times, 90% of the folk in the UB area are about 14.

They can sing what they like I just think half of their songs are shite and cringey, and its a bit hypocritical for them to start singing all these songs about the billy boys when youve just told me theyre scared to sing the acutal Billy Boys because they'll get bother off the polis.

That's a lot of shite for a start! The family stand was closed! The guys a :wanker:

To be fair the big FAMILY STAND written above the Broomloan makes it look like the whole stand is the family section. I wish theyd remove the writing tbh.