Your Stance On Selling Our Players.

Alot of the players Warburton has brought in are basically failures before they got here.

Players like Waghorn and Tav had loads of potential and ended up not getting a game for Wigan. Holt wasn't wanted at Hearts. Forrester made the wrong choices when younger as did Wilson.

I can't see many of our players in any rush to leave, they certainly already know the grass isn't always greener in England.

I know every team in the world is a selling club, when a buying side wants to through insane amounts of money for players then suppose it's inevitable. However...

In my opinion we shouldn't be selling any of our players wether it be this window or in the summer. I don't see anybody willing to pay 'insane' amounts of money for players signed for peanuts in the summer after half a season or 1 excellent season in the championship of Scotland. So £1m or £2m for our best players shouldn't be entertained at all. The value of these players to the team we are trying to build to compete is worth more IMO. You can't keep finding Tav's, Waghorns and Holts for that type of money. We need to build a team.

It doesn't strike me as the type of player we have too just jump ship as soon as England comes calling like so many Scottish or even European players that have used us as a stepping stone. The players we signed struggled down south so they appreciate what they have here, same with Halliday and Holt. Genuinely excited by the type of player we have here, young, hungry, with ability and something to prove. They have only seen a tiny glimpse of what Rangers are about as a club against Hibs on the 28th. Imagine what it will be like for them when we are back in the big time playing in Europe and skelping the tarriers...

If the board where to sell any player just now or even in the summer then it raises serious questions about where we are going as a club, especially as we are supposed to be about building not weakening. Ok if someone offers crazy money for a player we might not have a choice, and it might make sense. But not for anything less than a handsome offer. People on here have said 'oh but if Sheff Wed come in and double Waggy's wages he will be away' but for me I don't think that's true. Call me naive if you like but I think our players are more about football and trophies than struggling in the championship. If a EPL side comes calling them it's a different ball game...

What's your thoughts ...

You live in a fantasy world, you just dont decide not to sell players. If someone has been offered a better deal elsewhere its inevitable they will want to go. If they want to go you need to let them and then try for the best fee.

We really should be maximising their worth like Cellic. Yesterday Rogic was touted for Leeds, today hes apparently on the verge of signing a new contract, hence meaning they get more money cause of the longer contract. Collins was asked months ago what he thought of Tierney's performances his first reply was "hes a £5m left back" the kid had played about 8 games it the time. We need to start standing strong, especially with those who are on 2 year contracts or more we should be maximising their worth.

Personally I don't think any will go until we've won the league and then we should be looking to cash in with the players and rightfully so they probably will play at a higher level but we should not be bossed about by clubs who have more money.

While MW talks about Waggy's great form being caused by feeling at home, trusted by the management, being able to develop in an environment that treats him like a talented person, sellick's philosophy is to slap a price on their players as soon as possible, treat them like a commodity and look to put pressure on them to live up to early hype.

I know which approach would be more attractive to neutral young players or 'wonderkids' who never lived up to the early hype.

Hopefully MW's approach will pay dividends in a few years.

There are arguably only about 5 or 6 clubs in the world (Barca, Bayern, R Madrid and 2-3 clubs in England) that are not "selling clubs", ie, where each player does not have a price that woudl be accepted for their players.

Especially since the post-Bosman era, players are a commodity and commodities will be traded.

We are much lower down the football foodchain than we once were - partly due to previous financial mis-management and partly due to the gulf created by our lack of TV revenue versus the major European league's getting great TV contracts.

That means, like it or not, that every player will have their price, be it Wagge, Tav, etc.

Our financial position is by no means secure in the long term given that we are surviving on loans and will be for the foreseeable future until a share issue comes along (and even then the share issue will have to cover the cost of the loans already granted). That makes us even more susceptible to bids from other clubs.

The FM-style level of values that we place on our players isn't going to be what their true value is to the club as well. We have to remember where we are as a club and also the level of player we currently have on our books. Whilst is it far better than what we had over the year or 2 before, there are no Messi's or Ronaldo's in our current squad and the price at which we sell will be reflective of this.

I'd be gutted if we started to sell so early, especially if it was one of the new guys who have impressed so much.

That said, we can't afford to pass up crazy money offers, but if we sell a player and don't have another player already at the club of similar ability what's the point. It only serves in making the team take a backward step, and shows a lack of ambition (therefore I doubt that we will be selling at this time).