Dundee

think about it, Warburton signed James Tarkowski, Andre Gray and Alan Judge for a combined fee of £1m, two have went for £13m and the other will add about £3m onto that. Its not as if Tav, Waghorn etc were lucky signings, thats exactly what Warburtons/McParlands market is. If we even get 6 signings close to their quality we will be a really strong side.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

And we needed a replay to beat Kilmarnock with an injury time winner and couldn't beat St Johnstone at Ibrox in the middle of our early season blistering form

You aren't going to win every game of football,if we do go out and spend 10m in the summer we will still lose a few games here and there next season.

It's inevitable.

7 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

Ticket sales are shite for this, should be looking at 45000+, looking more like 25000.....and they will all come out of the woodwork for the semi or final if we win and draw them......disgraceful.

Yes you are spot on there mate .No excuses at all for not being there on Saturday .NONE . A full house would be extra motivation ,like the recent HiVS game .

1 hour ago, sammy cox said:

I think im right in assuming that you want the best for the Gers but it is going to take time and a lot of hard work.Just going out and throwing money at things like Walter and Dick did does not guarantee anything regardless of how much you throw at it 2 million or 22 million. Those multi million pound teams still failed to score in some games,failed to keep clean sheets in some games and believe it or not lost some games.No one has as far as I know said we are the finished article and certainly not the man that counts Mr Warburton.Just perhaps we have a man who relies more on hard hard work,tactical awareness,development and bringing in the right players that benefit the club rather than the methods of the two managers mentioned previous.Give the guy time and trust him and the rest of the staff to bring the right players after all they are the people who will sink or swim by their decisions. The man who got us furthest in the CL had the smallest budget out of the previous spending managers so sometimes, perhaps its just a bit of luck and good talent spotting which is required.There is also no point in bringing games like StJohnstone and Killie into it either as both have won cups fairly recently something that we and to a degree the multi million pound scum failed to do ie Killie beating them a few years back and look at the last 2 Scottish cup winners and also the scums defeat to Ross County who I think we all know haven't spent,well fuck knows what they have spent. Give it time and let the man get on with his job which he is doing pretty well  and im sure he will know only to well what is required to get the Rangers back to the top of the Scottish game.

You've got to remember when we reached the semi-final, there were no multi million pound transfer fees. Even Real Madrid, the winners, had signed Puskas on a free. So yes, Scot Symon did not spend millions to get us to the semis. But we were beaten 12 - 4 on aggregate.

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

And we needed a replay to beat Kilmarnock with an injury time winner and couldn't beat St Johnstone at Ibrox in the middle of our early season blistering form 

we have a lot of work to do we cant kid ourselves here

.We have done a lot of work on the defense since then, I think that game woke the management up to our defensive frailties, we look a lot more solid at the back apart from the odd wonder goal. I want to see how we deal with Hemmings, one of our many rejects.

2 minutes ago, allgers said:

I think this is now the most important match of the season and could be a defining moment for W&W and our squad.   I will take a +1 advantage at full time but I would be elated if we put them out with a little style and laying down a marker for the semis. I think Dundee will play for a draw and this will be a good test for us.

1 hour ago, falwheel said:

I really hope Gary Harkins gets sent off due to him loosing it caused by the home support giving him pelters. ?

He'll get similar pelters to what Cummings did, which flung him right off his game.