Lee Wallace 200th appearance

NABear

Tomorrow will be Wallace's 200th appearance for The Gers and he's seen it all! If able to lift number 55 would he be a rangers legend?Definitely in my eyes, stuck by when many didn't and deserves to be the captainĀ 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following our 55th title, and the party finishing,Ā the next thing that should be done is etch his name onto the panel above the marble staircase. Wallace set a new benchmark for what is expected of a Ranger.Ā 

That should be remembered for all to see.

The guys a legend already to me. He was young enough and good enough to bail out like the others. But big Lee stayed and fought his way through all the dirge to lead our great club back to the top league.

The big man is awesome and deserves all the plaudits going.

A true Rangers captain who fully displays all the qualities of one of our best.

A true leader, humble and respectful speaker and a helluva performance levels. He may not have been here for as long as some before him but he stuck by this fantastic club during its darkest hours and should always be regarded highly by our magnificent support........I salute you Lee Wallace.

He actually reminds me ofĀ John Grieg who split opinions for years and was one of our unluckiest managers.Ā He gave us 100% from the day he arrived till he stopped playing and beyond and me personally am delighted he is back in the fold at Ibrox.Ā  Lee WallaceĀ is a Rangers Captain and we are lucky to have him.

IIRC there was talk of certain folk who wereleading the club a couple (?) of seasons ago looking to cash in and sell Lee down south but he made clear that he was not at all happy at leaving.

Very happy he stayed.

I'll reckon he is too!

As a wee boy we all had our favourite players picture on the bedroom wall along with the team picture, I can see theĀ picture of him holding aloft the league trophy on ma wee boys room wall and it will be a special picture, if any1 deserves it then it's him as I can only echo what the other posters on here are saying about staying when the "gers men" all jumped and he always gives 110%and IMO when MW walked in and made him his captain straight away he obv seen something special in his leadership. Hope he gets all he has dreamed of out his career at rangers.

Just now, Dado said:

Seriously though I can't find any website that has him at 200.

Tom Miller mentioned it midweek, saying he thought it was Raith Rovers he made the 200th appearance, only for a recount. Wiki is shite for stuff like that, Ā McCoist only scored 281 goals according to Wiki, despite them referencingĀ his 355 record.Ā 

1 minute ago, ben51 said:

Tom Miller mentioned it midweek, saying he thought it was Raith Rovers he made the 200th appearance, only for a recount. Wiki is shite for stuff like that, Ā McCoist only scored 281 goals according to Wiki, despite them referencingĀ his 355 record.Ā 

Fair enough I just couldn't find it anywhere. Ā He must have pretty much played every game since he joined inĀ 2011.

When Wallace came to our club he struggled to find consistency and form. Over the ensuing years he has grown as a player and more importantly as a Ranger. When he took over the captaincy I did not think he was cut-out for the job but I was so wrong, he has a presence both on and off the park and he surely is what a Rangers captain should be. Will he be another John Greg ? No, there will only be one of him.......but who is to say in twenty or thirty years people will say to their children Lee Wallace he was the greatest Rangers captain I have ever seen.Ā 

49 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Wiki only count league appearances.Ā