Offensive Songs

Rangers Lady

I've seen it debated on here, often, about this mental law and what is or isn't illegal 

Some may have seen the Front Page, serious story about a Rangers fan spared the jail but tagged and banned for throwing a flare

He  was also done for {singing a sectarian song with lyrics in support of a group affiliated with a proscribed terrorist organisation} 

So please remember, next time you're obsessively monitoring a bheasts game "cause that's rational" and you are unable to sleep at nights due to the offence caused by the jolly rhebels sing song, or if you are subjected to any mention of the ra at Hampdum

Be sure to approach a friendly Polis and tell him how upset and offended you are.

Reese Howe has been banned from attending matches for two and a half years

A FOOTBALL hooligan who lobbed a smoke bomb into a crowd of fans at a match was yesterday banned from games for two-and-a-half years.

Reese Howe will not even be allowed to watch live games in the pub.

Livingston Sheriff Martin Edington placed Howe, 18, under supervision in the community for 18 months and electronically tagged him under home curfew for 243 days.

The sheriff also imposed the unusual condition prohibiting Howe from attending any pub to watch any live screening of football matches.

Passing sentence, Sheriff Edington told Howe, of Cathcart Road, Glasgow: “You should consider 
yourself extremely fortunate to be walking out of this court.” 

Howe handed himself in to the police after being involved in trouble at a Rangersmatch at Livingston on April 15 last year.

He pled guilty at an earlier hearing to singing a sectarian song with lyrics in support of a group affiliated with a proscribed terrorist organisation.

He also pled guilty to throwing a pyrotechnic device.

4 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

I've seen it debated on here, often, about this mental law and what is or isn't illegal 

Some may have seen the Front Page, serious story about a Rangers fan spared the jail but tagged and banned for throwing a flare

He  was also done for {singing a sectarian song with lyrics in support of a group affiliated with a proscribed terrorist organisation} 

So please remember, next time you're obsessively monitoring a bheasts game "cause that's rational" and you are unable to sleep at nights due to the offence caused by the jolly rhebels sing song, or if you are subjected to any mention of the ra at Hampdum

Be sure to approach a friendly Polis and tell him how upset and offended you are.

Reese Howe has been banned from attending matches for two and a half years

A FOOTBALL hooligan who lobbed a smoke bomb into a crowd of fans at a match was yesterday banned from games for two-and-a-half years.

Reese Howe will not even be allowed to watch live games in the pub.

Livingston Sheriff Martin Edington placed Howe, 18, under supervision in the community for 18 months and electronically tagged him under home curfew for 243 days.

The sheriff also imposed the unusual condition prohibiting Howe from attending any pub to watch any live screening of football matches.

Passing sentence, Sheriff Edington told Howe, of Cathcart Road, Glasgow: “You should consider 
yourself extremely fortunate to be walking out of this court.” 

Howe handed himself in to the police after being involved in trouble at a Rangersmatch at Livingston on April 15 last year.

He pled guilty at an earlier hearing to singing a sectarian song with lyrics in support of a group affiliated with a proscribed terrorist organisation.

He also pled guilty to throwing a pyrotechnic device.

Didn't know it was a Sharia court

5 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

I did not see any reference to him being a Gers fan. I just took it that he was a Livi fan with leanings akin to the beasts from the east, singing their type of folk song. I think if it was a Gers fan then they would have stated it in bold letters.

Songs that are completely fine to sing 

• The sash
  • Derry's walls 
  • Follow follow (so long as it doesn't have the "corrupted" lyrics

Songs that are outright banned

• Billy Boys
  • The Famine Song
  • Songs about dead players

Billy boys is banned due to the use of the word fenian. but at the same time, Super Rangers and Cheer up alan stubbs are fine despite having Fenian in them. 

and even more baffling is despite amended versions of BB, you still get in bother for it due to the tune. So I guess no "marching through Georgia" full stop. 

But then Killie get to sing it just fine and few other clubs. So it's completely hypocritical, if their going to ban songs then at least do it right. 

(From daily rhebel back in 2011 dec, they say about Banned septic, Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs and Killie songs )

How many times does it have to be said:

There is no list of banned songs or banners in Scotland

That is from COPFS, Police Scotland and the Scottish Government. The following is part of a reply to a discussion between myself and the aforementioned authorities:

There have been calls in the past for the Scottish Government to publish a proscribed list of definitive list would be difficult to keep up to date and would be ineffective due to the banned songs  or offensive words under the Act. However, we believe that creating such a potential for ‘loopholes’ being created, 
possibly by even the most minor adjustments to existing songs or chants and the creation of any new songs or chants.

The Act tackles the issue without the need for a list of banned songs or chants by criminalising any behaviour which is likely to incite public disorder or would be likely to incite public disorder and which is threatening; involves the expression of hatred to a person or group of persons because of their perceived religion, race, ethnicity, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sexual orientation, transgender identity or disability; or which would be otherwise offensive to a reasonable person. 

And from a previous FOI request to Police Scotland:

Mr *******,
Your submission to Police Scotland ‘contact us’ has been passed to me for attention.
Police Scotland has not circulated any list of ‘banned’ songs to the media and the issue of whether or not any particular behaviour is offensive in terms of the criminal law is a matter for the Courts to determine.

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

Songs that are completely fine to sing 

• The sash
  • Derry's walls 
  • Follow follow (so long as it doesn't have the "corrupted" lyrics

Songs that are outright banned

• Billy Boys
  • The Famine Song
  • Songs about dead players

Billy boys is banned due to the use of the word fenian. but at the same time, Super Rangers and Cheer up alan stubbs are fine despite having Fenian in them. 

and even more baffling is despite amended versions of BB, you still get in bother for it due to the tune. So I guess no "marching through Georgia" full stop. 

But then Killie get to sing it just fine and few other clubs. So it's completely hypocritical, if their going to ban songs then at least do it right. 

(From daily rhebel back in 2011 dec, they say about Banned septic, Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs and Killie songs )

Your talking pish about TBB.

At the end of the day the guy was done for throwing a flare, hes a fucking idiot.

There isnt and never will be a list of "banned" songs, other than UEFA banning a song, theres nothing illegal about singing The BIlly Boys, what is illegal is singing or saying something which could be deemed offensive, and depending on the polis interetation singing "mary had a little lamb" could be deemed offensive.

If you are arrested for singing a song you wont be charged with singing a banned song or saying a banned phrase, you will be charged under the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Comminications Act for making an outburst that could be deemed offensive and cause a public disruption, its basically the same as a breach of the peace.

Asking for a list of banned songs is pointless, because even if a song isnt banned its upto the polis to charge you and up to the courts discretion whether or not you'll get convicted, they could outright say "the billy boys is legal, you can sing it" and you could still get done depending on the circumstances.

Thats why theres sash bashes all across the country every weekend without anyone getting arrested, its the circumstances that matter. The laws been written very well from a polis perspective because it gives them the choice of who they want to arrest and what for, a polis could walk by one guy shouting FTP and do nothing then walk by another guy shouting BJK then decide to arrest him

and regardless of your innocence, if you get lifted at a friday night game for doing the bloody macarena you'll be in the cells till monday morning at the earliest, and banned from the football for months at least until your trial/sentencing.

And before all that, this guy was done for throwing a flare not just for singing so he doesnt really have much of a defence does he?

3 minutes ago, Willis said:

There isnt and never will be a list of "banned" songs, other than UEFA banning a song

UEFA hasn't banned any songs as they don't have the power to do so.

In 2006, Rangers were charged by UEFA for discriminatory chanting over the singing of "Billy Boys" during a UEFA Champions League game against Villarreal. Rangers were found not guilty due to "Billy Boys" having been sung for years without the Scottish Football Association or the Scottish government intervening against it and ruled that it was tolerated as a social and historic song. However after an appeal where they were warned, Rangers were ordered by UEFA to make a public announcement at all home games, prohibiting the singing of the song despite UEFA admitting they were unable to do anything about it because it was a Scottish social issue.  

The bit in bold above was a directive instigated by SDM...not UEFA.

I've seen it mentioned on here in loads of threads that their IRA loving songs don't get the same scrutiny as songs critical of the pedophile enterprise that is the catholic church.

This lad has been convicted of singing a song praising a terrorist organisation 

Why are the courts not full of the IRA worshipping tramps ?

Just now, Rangers Lady said:

I've seen it mentioned on here in loads of threads that their IRA loving songs don't get the same scrutiny as songs critical of the pedophile enterprise that is the catholic church.

This lad has been convicted of singing a song praising a terrorist organisation 

Why are the courts not full of the IRA worshipping tramps ?

I once spoke with both a copper and lawyer about this. Basically what they both said was that TBB (and being up to our knees in fenian blood) and Super Rangers (we hate Celtic, Fenian Bastards) and songs about the UVF etc (with add-ons) were easily identifiable and could be constructed as incitement to hate where as songs sung by the Bheasts weren't so easily recognisable and it had been argued in the past that their songbooks were more historical than simply chants.

I argued that 'Ooh Ah Up the RA' was easily identifiable and was sung despite the 'RA' being a proscribed organisation. Never mind the rest of their bile. They never answered me about about Ooh Ah...but the copper in fairness did state that they did now arrest them for TBotOB (and one other that escapes me just now).

My other argument was in relation to The Famine Song and how the only conviction for it was based on a racist charge - but to my knowledge the Irish aren't a race. Both the lawyer and the copper agreed that the law was skewed on that one and both openly admitted that to their knowledge the song was simply a ditty at the plastic fenians who sing about Ireland and the RA etc but have probably never left these shores.

Just now, Willis said:

it isnt banned

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Uk/uk.sport.football.clubs.rangers/2006-06/msg00033.html

Was banned a while ago, in an attempt to avoid bad publicity. 

If you can't be arsed reading that here;

UEFA have issued the Club with certain directives in order to combat
sectarianism more efficiently.Firstly the Club has been 'ordered to
announce measurable targets in order to reduce sectarian behaviour
amongst its supporters'.Secondly 'to control their anti-sectarian
activities by producing comprehensive statistics that are communicated
to the public'.

Finally 'to make a public address announcement at every official
fixture, be it international or domestic, stating that any sectarian
chanting and any form of 'Billy Boys' songs is strictly prohibited.'

David Edgar of the Rangers Supporters Trust, Mark Dingwall of Follow
Follow and Jim Templeton of the Rangers Supporters Assembly jointly
agreed the following Statement:"The message now could not be clearer
that the spotlight is upon the Supporters and the Club and it is their
duty to work together to stamp out the minority who are damaging the
reputations of all those connected with Rangers Football Club."Not only
does this small minority tarnish the reputation of Rangers, but of
Scottish football and our society in general and hopefully anyone who
is interested in Scottish football will work with us in assisting to
eradicate this behaviour."Supporter Representatives

3 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

I once spoke with both a copper and lawyer about this. Basically what they both said was that TBB (and being up to our knees in fenian blood) and Super Rangers (we hate Celtic, Fenian Bastards) and songs about the UVF etc (with add-ons) were easily identifiable and could be constructed as incitement to hate where as songs sung by the Bheasts weren't so easily recognisable and it had been argued in the past that their songbooks were more historical than simply chants.

Which is utter fucking hypocrisy, our songs about the UVF are about a part of our countries history, about our forefathers defending our people, the songs are about the UVF who fought at the Somme and other battlesm part of the British army. While theirs are about a proscribed foreign terror group. If anything our songs have historical relevance while theirs are just to spread hatred.

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Uk/uk.sport.football.clubs.rangers/2006-06/msg00033.html

to the public'.

Thats UEFA, theres nothing in law to say TBBs is banned

2 hours ago, Domthenbud said:

I did not see any reference to him being a Gers fan. I just took it that he was a Livi fan with leanings akin to the beasts from the east, singing their type of folk song. I think if it was a Gers fan then they would have stated it in bold letters.

I thought that aswell m8, if he was one off us, he'd have been jailed for a year by the SNP tarrier cnuts!!

See if it were any other countries terror groups other than Irelands that they were singing about then society would never put up with it, but a victim mentality and being offended and feeling oppressed is just part of Irish culture so no wonder folk feel they cant say fuck all about it

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

to the public'.

Read what I said above about UEFA. They don't have the power to ban songs (that's why our conviction was overturned). I'll post more later where they openly admit to this. It was a David Murray directive.

The whole 'banned' thing came about after DIngwall claimed to have been shown a letter by SDM from UEFA to Rangers stating this. What actually happened (and has been confirmed by others in attendance) was that Murray held up some document and claimed it was the letter - no one actually read it.

I submitted a FOI to UEFA regarding this supposed document...it doesn't exist.

1 minute ago, Willis said:

See if it were any other countries terror groups other than Irelands that they were singing about then society would never put up with it, but a victim mentality and being offended and feeling oppressed is just part of Irish culture so no wonder folk feel they cant say fuck all about it

It's just the state of the world right now, SJW run rampant getting offended on peoples behalf. People are that concerned with being PC and respectful that it's really hurting what it means to be human. and it's really hurting entertainment and every day lifes. 

2 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Read what I said above about UEFA. They don't have the power to ban songs (that's why our conviction was overturned). I'll post more later where they openly admit to this. It was a David Murray directive.

The whole 'banned' thing came about after DIngwall claimed to have been shown a letter by SDM from UEFA to Rangers stating this. What actually happened (and has been confirmed by others in attendance) was that Murray held up some document and claimed it was the letter - no one actually read it.

I submitted a FOI to UEFA regarding this supposed document...it doesn't exist.

I'll take your word for it, I mean am not pushing for it too be banned or whatever. I strongly disagree with any form of censorship, we should be allowed to practice free speech. Whether it's something we want to hear or not. Instead like I said above, people are so happy to jump onto the "i'm offended" bandwagon because it's something they don't like. and suddenly being passionate or having a sense of humor is a crime.