Warburton Won't Criticise The Defence

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Alloa and Dumbarton are both part-time.

EDIT: And you've got your Jock's mixed up. Unless you're alleging Jock Wallace knew...

And have we collapsed against either?

And no, I know exactly which jock I'd referred to.

Or I'd have said Mr Wallace.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, wewillfollowrangers said:

And have we collapsed against either?

And no, I know exactly which jock I'd referred to.

Or I'd have said Mr Wallace.

No, but we have struggled against Alloa. Again. One win in three this season.

So why would you refer to a post about Jock Wallace saying "Big Jock Knew" then promptly delete it if you knew which one you were referring to?

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No, but we have struggled against Alloa. Again. One win in three this season.

So why would you refer to a post about Jock Wallace saying "Big Jock Knew" then promptly delete it if you knew which one you were referring to?

Did I dream the 5-1 and 4-0 games?

7 points out of 9 with an aggregate score of 10 - 2 is hardly struggling.

My main concern is how easily they switch off.Lost count of how many times I have sat and watched players drift away from defenders into acres of space.Cant be the only one who notices this on a fairly regular basis no matter the opposition.Its just annoying how hard some teams make us work for our goals yet silly lapses allow easy goals to be scored against us.

The only positive I see is that we have only dropped 3 points out of the 6 available, and the fact MW is not prepared to personally criticise our defence in public, even though it's clear to see by  thousands of fans. 

In-house I would be surprised if he, and to a larger extent DW, are not extremely concerned that we have leaked, and leaked badly, 6 goals in 2 games, if this is not a wake up sign then I don't know what is.

All fine and well losing goals when we eventually finish the match as winners, but it surely cannot be dismissed with a quip like "It's a team game", and ignore the fact that the goals we have lost in this game and the last one, and the fashion that we have conceded them, lies predominately with the defence, and the blindingly apparent slacking off in tempo, thinking the game is in the bag, combined with a  loss of concentration, has played it's part in all this.

It has to be scrutinised and fixed, or we are in for more than a few shocks against SPFL teams next season. 

:uk:

1 minute ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Ffs we've only played em 3 times.

We play them again in april.

Beaten 'em twice and drew with them once. Just last month too. 

When you look at the match report, it looks more like a blip on our offence rather than our defense. Their keeper is actually one of our old Keepers, who had been with us since 2008 but put out on loan a few times.

Alloa got him in January just there. 

3 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Mibbe you should find yer way back to fiddler street.

If I refer to Mr Wallace it will be as such.

No you got smart with a taig reference and promptly deleted it, your neck must be roasting. 

22 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Ffs we've only played em 3 times.

We play them again in april.

I'm blaming google. For some reason they have this season's results listed after last season's.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rangers+vs+alloa&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=inb5Vrz0DcPTU7bdp4gD

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I agree with your post bar the Tav part, he gets criticised more than anybody bar Wilson. You just need to go and look in the thread about him to see some of the absolute garbage for some of the clowns on here towards one of our best players this season.

Fair enough, i don't normally see match threads to read it, he's been great going forward but his defensive game needs work, he really needs someone to be challenging his place as i think that's a big issue in his form at times.

Do seem to have a hard time arguing the case with people around me at games and my mates, all of them blame Wilson as well, i think he's been a bit of a scapegoat. 

1 minute ago, TheBluebells said:

Fair enough, i don't normally see match threads to read it, he's been great going forward but his defensive game needs work, he really needs someone to be challenging his place as i think that's a big issue in his form at times.

Do seem to have a hard time arguing the case with people around me at games and my mates, all of them blame Wilson as well, i think he's been a bit of a scapegoat. 

It's similar around me. A few don't like him because he "supported them as a wean" same with Miller having played for them. Andy Halliday though, he can do no fucking wrong. :lol:

In a way MW's repeated use of statements about the need to learn lessons is a form of public criticism.   Its the very tip of the 'comment' iceberg which presumably has a tougher and more telling impact on the players behind the closed doors at Ibrox.   

As a person who built an investment career he will understand numbers better than most at Ibrox.    But even in simple terms losing 3 goals in a game (and as a result not gaining any points whatsoever from that game) may be explained away as one of those random events that happen in football with comparison made to the track record over the preceding 7 or so games.  A bad day a the office perhaps.    But losing a further 3 goals in the very next game starts to look less like the outcome of more than randomness - more like those who should have learned not having learned.   And that would include MW and DW as they set up the team to have learnt the lessons.    So rather than engage in some additional criticism the best course of action would be for the team to show in the remaining games that random bad days have not become habitual and they return to the good habit of being very hard to score against.    

Just now, Corky True Legend said:

It's called "respect". Some like Mr Warburton deserve it, others like potless Paul don't.

It's funny. I knew the answer would be something to do with respect. The funny thing with that is that I rarely see it replicated by people who played under them. Nor is it replicated by current players or even clubs themselves. Christ, Rangers continually refer to Warburton as "Warbs".

I don't get it at all when it comes to forums etc. It's not as if you're talking to the man, where it would be understandable to be 'respectful'. It's a forum. Calling any manager by their name ie Jock Wallace isn't a sign of having any less respect whatsoever for the man.

24 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

In a way MW's repeated use of statements about the need to learn lessons is a form of public criticism.   Its the very tip of the 'comment' iceberg which presumably has a tougher and more telling impact on the players behind the closed doors at Ibrox.   

As a person who built an investment career he will understand numbers better than most at Ibrox.    But even in simple terms losing 3 goals in a game (and as a result not gaining any points whatsoever from that game) may be explained away as one of those random events that happen in football with comparison made to the track record over the preceding 7 or so games.  A bad day a the office perhaps.    But losing a further 3 goals in the very next game starts to look less like the outcome of more than randomness - more like those who should have learned not having learned.   And that would include MW and DW as they set up the team to have learnt the lessons.    So rather than engage in some additional criticism the best course of action would be for the team to show in the remaining games that random bad days have not become habitual and they return to the good habit of being very hard to score against.    

(tu)

Top post RM ....... You just don't post enough mate ........ :cheers:

:uk:

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

What is it with football fans and writing "Mr" whoever? :lol:

Any manager who won Rangers 2 trebles in 3 seasons is worthy of that level of respect.

Certainly would never refer to him as big jock, lest he be confused with that moral toilet stein.