US Masters

There's a green jacket up for grabs from Thursday and there's a pool of quality players vying for it.

Who do you fancy at Augusta?

I've got £40 each-way on Mickelson. Was planning to back him and Oosthuizen, yet to press the button on the latter as his price may grow a tad after this weekends score at Houston.

Of course, it's tough to even land a place on these majors now as the general quality is at a very good level.

Looking forward to this.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for Thursday, the start of the golf season is upon us. 

I'm looking at a few different bets:

Day, Rose and Bubba look good bets for the win. 

Also like to back couple outsiders as well. This year I think will go for Andy Sullivan and Bruce Koepka. Sullivan is a steady consistent player and Koepka has the length to play Augusta well.

I'd be happy with anybody to win outside of Mickelson!!!!!

Always hard to predict golf. The depth in quality is huge and unlike sports like tennis - where a silly mistake will only cost you a point - a mistake can be massively costly. Of the mainstream sports, the margins between winning and losing, must be the tightest - and they are getting ever narrower!

Barring a few old timers, pretty much everyone in the field is capable of stringing 4 good rounds together and winning. 

1 hour ago, wullyRFC said:

Not sure who I'll take yet I like watching Big Phil so usually take him but I'll wait till Wed before deciding. Skybet paying 8 places at 1/4 the odds.

Yeh seen that. Pretty good offer.

3 hours ago, Badger said:

Always hard to predict golf. The depth in quality is huge and unlike sports like tennis - where a silly mistake will only cost you a point - a mistake can be massively costly. Of the mainstream sports, the margins between winning and losing, must be the tightest - and they are getting ever narrower!

Barring a few old timers, pretty much everyone in the field is capable of stringing 4 good rounds together and winning. 

But one thing is for sure, after the first round of those old timers will be near the top of the leaderboard. :lol: 

Usually Calcavecchia!

I bet on golf pretty much every week and as many have said it really is a lottery due to the depth of talent right now. Probably around 80/90% of the field have the capability to win each week and it's just a case of bringing your A game each time. If not you simply won't win.

Shell Houston on just now getting pretty tasty. Spieth making a charge from nowhere. DJ, Fowler and Stenson in contention as well as a few less glamorous names. Could go any way........

47 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I bet on golf pretty much every week and as many have said it really is a lottery due to the depth of talent right now. Probably around 80/90% of the field have the capability to win each week and it's just a case of bringing your A game each time. If not you simply won't win.

Shell Houston on just now getting pretty tasty. Spieth making a charge from nowhere. DJ, Fowler and Stenson in contention as well as a few less glamorous names. Could go any way........

Well my bets were/are Oosthuizen, Glover and Cabrero-Bello. The Spaniard has put in a superb round so far today. Oosthuizen missed the cut and Glover fell away from a promising position early yesterday.

4 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

Well my bets were/are Oosthuizen, Glover and Cabrero-Bello. The Spaniard has put in a superb round so far today. Oosthuizen missed the cut and Glover fell away from a promising position early yesterday.

Big ask but if Rafa were to get to -14 and get to the clubhouse it would set a decent challenge for those still out there. Lot of trouble on this course......

Best bet is Top British, Top European, Top Australian etc and put them on a lucky 15 or lucky 31. I'm taking a few loud ones and hope two or three come up.

Lahiri Asian

Knox British

Lingmerth European

Bowditch Australia

Kisner   USA

1 hour ago, GMac said:

Best bet is Top British, Top European, Top Australian etc and put them on a lucky 15 or lucky 31. I'm taking a few loud ones and hope two or three come up.

Lahiri Asian

Knox British

Lingmerth European

Bowditch Australia

Kisner   USA

I like this type of bet. Who you doing this with? Must be some crazy odds. Seen Bowditch and Kisner at 50s/60s and Knox at 33s!

2 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I like this type of bet. Who you doing this with? Must be some crazy odds. Seen Bowditch and Kisner at 50s/60s and Knox at 33s!

Coral. Odds are millions to 1 so only need to bet small stakes,