Talksport " have Rangers just saved Scottish Football"

DESGER

3 minutes ago, rolledoats said:

What has he said?

Basically some smaller clubs have had their day in the last four years, Caley, Ross County etc. Lots of good fans supporting their clubs and Scottish football exists outside Glasgow.

Another one who is allowed to ply his anti-Glasgow tirades within the media.  Last night and today is not about Scottish football, it's about us returning to where we SHOULD be. If any fan thinks the league has been a better, attractive, exciting and suitable for sponsorship while we've not been in it are deluded. It's all about The Rangers and they know it. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Hutchy WATP said:

I'll be the first to admit jibes from other fans got to me at the start, caused a fair few arguments over it.

Now? I love hearing their pain, just makes the rise up the divisions even sweeter knowing it eats away at them.

The hibs fan summed it up, Adrian asks him about their chances in the playoff, canny even bring himself to answer cause he's too busy frothing at the mouth to talk about us.

Irony is lost on every last one of them.

Hibs have always been like that, they were so busy wanking over Hearts financial crisis that they didn't realise the massive decline in their own team until it was too late and look at how that worked out. 

The bheasts are the same, too busy screaming about newco and admin 2; they recently have woken up and realised that there is a very good chance that the 'pyoor new club' are going to pyoor skud them. 

29 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Something along the lines of look how well clubs all over the country are doing, Scottish football isn't just about Glasgow.

What he doesn't get is the fact that Scottish football is dependent on one club in Glasgow.

I could fit every person that goes to Rugby Park every week in my kitchen. Same goes for McDermot Park. The cunt is deluded. 

3 minutes ago, Hamie said:

Hibs have always been like that, they were so busy wanking over Hearts financial crisis that they didn't realise the massive decline in their own team until it was too late and look at how that worked out. 

The bheasts are the same, too busy screaming about newco and admin 2; they recently have woken up and realised that there is a very good chance that the 'pyoor new club' are going to pyoor skud them. 

It's unreal :lol: Said it at least once on here before, if I ever end up in a position where my hatred of any other team outweighs my love for Rangers i'll chuck football permanently. 

35 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Basically some smaller clubs have had their day in the last four years, Caley, Ross County etc. Lots of good fans supporting their clubs and Scottish football exists outside Glasgow.

Another one who is allowed to ply his anti-Glasgow tirades within the media.  Last night and today is not about Scottish football, it's about us returning to where we SHOULD be. If any fan thinks the league has been a better, attractive, exciting and suitable for sponsorship while we've not been in it are deluded. It's all about The Rangers and they know it. 

People keep portraying ICT as the embodiment of a healthy club when in reality they are a shadow of last season's side, have poor crowds and are at present battling to avoid the relegation play-off spot, partly due to failure to replace key players over the years. Worse still, there will be no Europa league for them next season, and they have just been dumped out of cup competition over two games by potential play-off opponents. I wonder what shape they could have been in had they reaped the rewards of a more lucrative TV deal, as well as all of those full houses that our fans would have brought over the years we've been absent from the top flight.

A stagnant operation can turn a profit at the expense of cutting their cloth, but it doesn't necessarily bode well for their future.

Viewed from the outside this old club new club obsession comes across as some form of mass insanity and it's frankly a shade embarrassing to someone like me living in another country if anyone ever asks about it.  People in the US for example are all about records, sports records are their own obsession and when they see that Rangers have a continuous record of achievements from 1872 till now on any archive you care to look at they're baffled.

The only way I can get the craziness across to them is to begin touching on the sectarian element which is another embarrassing facet I don't even want to get into in any detail but the upshot of all this is that these new club wackos are making themselves and the entire nation look like a basket case.  Even our next door neighbours the English as evidenced by this broadcast think the whole thing is outlandish.

And it becomes even more bizarre when you take a look at the newspaper columns which print any stories about Rangers which then become swarmed with dozens or even hundred of comments largely coming from this crazy gang while any article about their own clubs has little or no comments at all.  And further insanity when they get a game against the "new club" and they stampede out in their thousands scrambling for tickets for the game against a new entity?

The records are never going to go away, they will always be maintained in their current form and if these crazies want to persist with this insanity it becomes even more of an international laughing stock and that's one of the most uncomfortable things about it for a Scot such as me living abroad.  

That wee Jocky fae Dundee went on about ICT and Ross C being the ones that should be getting all the plaudits for getting through the leagues the correct way.

What way's that Jocky?

Not have fellow association members try and kill them off?

Not having prize money taken?

Not having transfer embargo?

14 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

That wee Jocky fae Dundee went on about ICT and Ross C being the ones that should be getting all the plaudits for getting through the leagues the correct way.

What way's that Jocky?

Not have fellow association members try and kill them off?

Not having prize money taken?

Not having transfer embargo?

Plus they also forget that they were prepared to let this so called "new club" drop down to the (as was) 1st Division if we were prepared to accept their blackmail

What a brilliant listen. I have become so numb to all media I read but all I see is the same negative drivel. To actually hear a neutral tell it like it is is refreshing. We should get plaudits for going down there and helping out low league teams with the blue pound.

everybody has been welcome at Ibrox, we have received all clubs and showed them Rangers class and hospitality. We have kept out traditions and morals in face of adversity and we are coming back to show the premiership te Rangers way.

we are demonised in Scotland as some monster with everybodies obsession to take away our club and history.

when we get number 55 and all credible sources count it as number 55 will really make this all worth while. 

Talksport and Durham is a breath of fresh air.

Living in the colonies I have been trying to keep up with news by listening to Radio Snide and suffering all the bitter crap and vitriol that is spouted on there (the BBC is worse). I am not looking for Rangers biased reporting but I do expect a balanced viewpoint and the truth to be reported. Well done Durham on both counts, you have a new listener.