Gasparotto

Or maybe he's not good enough with the ball at his feet. Maybe they think he's found his level. Who knows why he's been decided not to be good enough, but I bet the staff don't get it wrong.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, BEE said:

Why loan him out then when realisitically he can do nothing to get near the first team?

How do you know realistically he couldn't? You don't know that at all. His being the best player at Morton doesn't prove that, for the reasons I gave earlier.

20 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

You expected him to break though under McCoist at 17/18? 

This is no surprise but from the little I've seen of him he looks to have some talent, probably sign for Morton as Jim Duffy rates him highly.

Didn't expect him to but I think if he was ever going to, the second division was his chance.

8 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Although I agree with the sentiment that there was no point loaning him out etc, but just because he was good at his loan clubs doesn't mean he will be good here. Danny Wilson is a far more established centre half and he struggles because of the way we want our centre backs to play, Luca might not be able to fit in with our style. 

All the best to him for the future, hope he goes far in the game.

Wilson struggles because he's pish and turns slower than an old man with a zimmer he's not improved in any way since he left us the first time round.

47 minutes ago, BEE said:

Why loan him out then when realisitically he can do nothing to get near the first team?

He was getting his chance in competitive football. Good for all concerned at the time but he clearly hasn't shown enough if we do let him go, As for not having any intention of keeping him, BEE, I don't understand how you can come to that conclusion. 

In recent times a certain Kane Hemmings left Rangers for some small club in England, then returned to Dundee where he has (I think) now scored 20 goals this season.    Would be very ironic (yet again) if Luca in a few seasons goes on to be come an assured CB playing with a good club, especially if our own CB partnerings are not fixed soon and performing more competently.     With Ball returning to Spurs and Luca gone it would seem MW must have the acquisition of a CB firmly in mind because the current pairing on current form could get well and truly found out over the course of a Premiership league campaign a lot more than they've already been found out playing in the Championship.

Very best wishes to Luca and hope that he goes on to enjoy a great career as a professional footballer.    

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Wilson struggles because he's pish and turns slower than an old man with a zimmer he's not improved in any way since he left us the first time round.

How many pish players have a SPL , Scottish cup and league cup winners medal at the age of 18

1 hour ago, Smile said:

1 hour ago, BEE said:

Raging about this, consistently got player of season every time we loaned him out - what's the point in the loan system if we just release the player regardless of performance?

Agree with this he should've been in the team for 5/6 games and a pre season under MW then taken it from there.  I don't think MW rates any of the young  players he has seen

1 hour ago, Skyson1872 said:

Although I agree with the sentiment that there was no point loaning him out etc, but just because he was good at his loan clubs doesn't mean he will be good here. Danny Wilson is a far more established centre half and he struggles because of the way we want our centre backs to play, Luca might not be able to fit in with our style. 

All the best to him for the future, hope he goes far in the game.

This.

MW doesn't see him as a defender who'll fit in with the way he wants his central defenders to play. He's of an age where he should be showing to MW that he has the potential to be what he's looking for. If I were the Manager (god forbid) the first question I would ask myself is 'If he weren't a Rangers player, would I want to sign him?' Obviously MW wouldn't.

17 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

In recent times a certain Kane Hemmings left Rangers for some small club in England, then returned to Dundee where he has (I think) now scored 20 goals this season.    Would be very ironic (yet again) if Luca in a few seasons goes on to be come an assured CB playing with a good club, especially if our own CB partnerings are not fixed soon and performing more competently.     With Ball returning to Spurs and Luca gone it would seem MW must have the acquisition of a CB firmly in mind because the current pairing on current form could get well and truly found out over the course of a Premiership league campaign a lot more than they've already been found out playing in the Championship.

Very best wishes to Luca and hope that he goes on to enjoy a great career as a professional footballer.    

Doesn't happen very often though, this Hemmings thing. He's been the exception, rather than the rule. Generally if we get rid of players, they don't end up amounting to anything we would regret. I can think of only a few Hemmingses.

1 hour ago, BEE said:

Because he has a contract - and it's the most decent thing to do, to give the guy exposure for his own footballing career.

12 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Doesn't happen very often though, this Hemmings thing. He's been the exception, rather than the rule. Generally if we get rid of players, they don't end up amounting to anything we would regret. I can think of only a few Hemmingses.

Isn't Shinnie another one.

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Then why even loan him to those clubs in the first place? 

Because it gives them the opportunity to get competitive experience, play well WHILST showing something extra that suggests they can make it. Gasparotto may have done the first two, but he perhaps didn't do the latter. Unlike, for example, Charlie Adam. You CAN show enough at these clubs, but Gasparotto didn't.

Ideally you'd want them to do it at better clubs, but you can only send them to clubs that want them.

43 minutes ago, daverfc13 said:

How many pish players have a SPL , Scottish cup and league cup winners medal at the age of 18

Or got sent off it the same cup as he was too fucking slow to mark his man. Nothing's changed since then.

1 hour ago, Misteral said:

He was getting his chance in competitive football. Good for all concerned at the time but he clearly hasn't shown enough if we do let him go, As for not having any intention of keeping him, BEE, I don't understand how you can come to that conclusion. 

I just don't think he stood a chance, sure I read on here that the management team didn't like the look of him when they shipped him out.

My point is I think he did everything possible (winning both young player of the year and player of the year at Airdrie, and I'm pretty sure player of the year at Greenock) but was still not given a chance with us - I don't know what else he could have done.