MW - Closing In On Targets

Bears

4 minutes ago, Mojo84 said:

It may be physical compared to some (Spain, Portugal, France etc) but they have a lot of time on the ball compared to the British leagues and it isn't full of hammer throwers pretending to be footballers.

Pressing is still a trademark German tactic and he has a habit of giving the ball away even when he's playing teams who are standing off and parking the bus. The only thing I have seen that suggests he is capable of playing at the top level is his figure. People often think that short, slight players are good even if they haven't shown much in the way of skill.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been essentially underwhelmed by Zela this season, he can pass, has composure, seems fit, but, for all that never seems to have that penetrating pass in his locker or a shot that can trouble keepers. Will he make it? Not for me on the evidence seen so far. He's been playing against and with vastly inferior players than he'll face in the epl ,and still failed to be a standout or even display in flashes what he's got that would earmark him as special. Perhaps an earlier poster was correct and he's disinterested.

If you can make it to the group stages of the europa league, you should make around £2m. You then get 262,000 per win, £87,000 per draw in the group. I doubtr we would do all that well, so if we were to make it to the group stages and win or draw a couple, I reckon it would net the club £2.5M.

We would have to get through the qualifiers which net the following (in euro's):

First qualifying round: €200,000

Second qualifying round: €210,000

Third qualifying round: €220,000

Play-off round elimination: €230,000

so adding it all together its roughly £3.1M (sterling)

So imho, spending for the europa league should not be on our agenda. Its isn't worth it.

On Monday, May 09, 2016 at 2:19 PM, 6superbarry6 said:

Not beating Hibs it the final is unthinkable we need European football 

The only thing we need is the money. I love european nights, both home and away, but i would want to see the team expanded a bit, we are thin on the ground, and let them settle in and with any luck, challenge for the league. Oh and stuff hibs right up stubbs hoop sideways. 

Apologies but that guy winds me up?

14 minutes ago, Charlie Bear said:

The only thing we need is the money. I love european nights, both home and away, but i would want to see the team expanded a bit, we are thin on the ground, and let them settle in and with any luck, challenge for the league. Oh and stuff hibs right up stubbs hoop sideways. 

Apologies but that guy winds me up?

There's a thing called prestige and that's what competing in Europe brings 

it also brings a level of experience and development that playing domestic football can't 

also we can attract better players 

there's loads of benefits to European football if we can't handle some Europa games through the season we might as well chuck it 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

There's a thing called prestige and that's what competing in Europe brings 

it also brings a level of experience and development that playing domestic football can't 

also we can attract better players 

there's loads of benefits to European football if we can't handle some Europa games through the season we might as well chuck it 

Plus we can try fresh hookers :D

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

If you can make it to the group stages of the europa league, you should make around £2m. You then get 262,000 per win, £87,000 per draw in the group. I doubtr we would do all that well, so if we were to make it to the group stages and win or draw a couple, I reckon it would net the club £2.5M.

We would have to get through the qualifiers which net the following (in euro's):

So imho, spending for the europa league should not be on our agenda. Its isn't worth it.

Where does the £2m come from for making it to the group stages of the Europa league?  Is that tv money etc.?  Have you factored in 50k people paying £30 a ticket, or however much it will be for all the group games?  And qualifiers too?

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

How much would we get for winning it ? :pipe:

14 minutes ago, now then forever said:

Where does the £2m come from for making it to the group stages of the Europa league?  Is that tv money etc.?  Have you factored in 50k people paying £30 a ticket, or however much it will be for all the group games?  And qualifiers too?

1. its just how they finance it - TV money sponsorship etc.

2. No - I just mentioned prize money. However have a look at our match day costs. Rangers dont make anywhere near £30 a head profit from a match. In fact we made £11.6 Million to the year ending June 1015 for gate receipts and hospitality- but our match day costs were £10.1 Million which included policing, stewarding and pitch costs. http://rangers.co.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/AnnualReport2015.pdf pages 11 and 12.

3. I had factored in the qualifiers,as I listed them and the renumeration on offer.

5 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

How much would we get for winning it ? :pipe:

I'm sure when we got to the final we actually made nothing from it due to bonuses and stuff. So I've been told anyway 

it's not about the money anyway - we should be happy we are back on that stage