Fixtures

cr3_bear

We will be at home first game of the season as we are the SPFL Championship champions. The game will probably be played on the Friday or Sunday though as the tims will be at home too and most likely get the Saturday slot.

Does anyone know if the fixtures for the league cup group stage get announced the same day? 

4 minutes ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

We will be at home first game of the season as we are the SPFL Championship champions. The game will probably be played on the Friday or Sunday though as the tims will be at home too and most likely get the Saturday slot.

Does anyone know if the fixtures for the league cup group stage get announced the same day? 

Jesus, I forgot we have to play in that mess now.

4 minutes ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

Hopefully we treat the group stage as a chance to play some of our youngsters before making a decision whether to loan them out or keep them in the squad this season.

I'd like to see that depending on who we draw. Eight Groups of five playing each other once, three points for a win, if it's a draw then a penalty shoot-out for a bonus point and the top two in the group progress. The upside is the final being moved back to November, mibbes I have fond memories cos we aye seemed to win it in my youth! I can't see if it's seeded or regional, does anyone know?

15 minutes ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

Won't we be away since celtic will be at home?

Wouldn't surprise me if there has been long term plans in place to have our first few games back in the top division as low key as possible.

Maybe games against the likes of Killie, Thistle and the Teuchter Twins, avoiding us playing the tarriers, the sheep, even  Motherwell as theres bad blood there from a year ago. Then once things have settled down a bit we play the games with those teams.

One thing for sure, we won't be playing Hibs or Dundee Utd :D