RFC u20 v Tynecastle FC

markem

22 minutes ago, Scott1872 said:

Be good to find out the names of the Trialists, Barjonas also seems highly rated, sure he's only 17.

Is Lyon now a right back? Why were McCrorie and Burt not playing or have I misread.

Got some info on the trialists from the weekend but I have been asked not to publish them. Ross Lyon has always alternated between right back and midfield, seems to be going through a right back spell at the moment. Neither Ross McCrorie or Liam Burt were involved tonight, possibly in the first team squad for the weekend.

17 minutes ago, shaka said:

@Elfideldo did any of the previous trialists (Michael Kelly, Myles Beerman or Ewan McPherson) get contracts?  And have we signed any new youth players so far?

It doesn't appear so, none of them have featured in the two games so far. Only players signed are at younger age groups, 3 at U15 and 1 at U13 that I know of.

I always look forward to Elfideldo's reports on these youth games and the players involved. Whether we have any that can push into the 1st team squad is another matter, but if there is I'm sure Elfi will let us know.

6 minutes ago, Elfideldo said:

Got some info on the trialists from the weekend but I have been asked not to publish them. Ross Lyon has always alternated between right back and midfield, seems to be going through a right back spell at the moment. Neither Ross McCrorie or Liam Burt were involved tonight, possibly in the first team squad for the weekend.

It doesn't appear so, none of them have featured in the two games so far. Only players signed are at younger age groups, 3 at U15 and 1 at U13 that I

Thanks for the update.  We do appear to have quite a few talented players in the younger age groups who can hopefully fill the gaps left by the likes of Hardie, Walsh and Burt moving into the first team squad and the players who'll be moving on.

58 minutes ago, Elfideldo said:

He did play left back, I believe is from Boys Club football in NE of England

Is Lyon decent at right back in your opinion?

Plus who would you say are our top 3 talents in the under 20's? Maybe one to look out for this season.

8 hours ago, Scott1872 said:

Plus who took charge of the game?

Billy Kirkwood was in charge with David McCallum, interviews have been taking place so a new coach should be announced soon.

Ross Lyon is a good player and is equally comfortable at full back or midfield.

We only have TWO under 20 players, Ryan Hardie and Jordan Thompson, so the U20's will be made up of 17 and 18 year olds.

Someone will take a big step forward, last season that was Liam Burt, along with Ross McCrorie and Ross Lyon he is most likely to step up.

Grant Nelson had a great start to last season then suffered a bad leg break, hopefully he can pick up where he left off when he is back playing.

All just my opinions of course.

6 hours ago, Elfideldo said:

Billy Kirkwood was in charge with David McCallum, interviews have been taking place so a new coach should be announced soon.

Ross Lyon is a good player and is equally comfortable at full back or midfield.

We only have TWO under 20 players, Ryan Hardie and Jordan Thompson, so the U20's will be made up of 17 and 18 year olds.

Someone will take a big step forward, last season that was Liam Burt, along with Ross McCrorie and Ross Lyon he is most likely to step up.

Grant Nelson had a great start to last season then suffered a bad leg break, hopefully he can pick up where he left off when he is back playing.

All just my opinions of course.

Cheers mate. Educated Opinion, I hope Lyon gets more of a chance.