What age?

lewisrfc93

My boy is 19 months bought the seat next to me for him but not ready to take him yet as he wont sit still. Am excited to take him see all other dads with kids and makes me excited to take my son but he's not ready. My old man took me at 4 then never again till i was 8 and I've hardly missed much home and away since then and am 32 now

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also took my wee grandson aged 5 a couple of seasons ago and he asked for a hot dog but refused to come with me. When I got back he was still sitting engrossed in the match. His Mum only found out on Saturday when I let it slip that I had left her boy on his own at the Football.    Oooft!!!!!. Not sure if I will get to take him back for a wee while as she didn't seemed pleased. Remember taking her about the age of 8 and she never fuckin shut up the whole match :rolleyes::D  

my son was 6 when I first took him.

Long way to travel from N.I. (bus/car and boat) and he used to fall asleep during the games.

He loved it tho'!

(especially the Scotch Pies!)

Never Forgive Never Forget

On ‎2016‎/‎07‎/‎23 at 11:08 AM, miracle said:

I think 6-7 is the minimum you should consider.   I mind being sat behind a boy of about 4 or 5 at a game once and he spent the whole 90 minutes playing with a Matchbox double decker bus while making aeroplane noises.   Infuriating.  

Thankfully I don't have kids.

Serves you right for sitting in the celtic end

18 minutes ago, Sonnybear1972 said:

Well the wean loved it!! Singing waghorns on fire all the way home in the car think shes got the bug lol

Great stuff! My daughter was the same sat great for 70 mins which I thought was good for a 3 year old! Already asking when she's going back. 

On 23 July 2016 at 9:47 AM, lewisrfc93 said:

Did you take your kids to the game for the first time?

my daughters 3 1/2 and she is constantly on my back to take her to the Rangers. I'm just no sure she's ready to sit that long and most likely does understand what she's going to have to do when we get there. 

I had just turned three when my dad got me a season ticket and apparently I was alright and always watched the game. I liked football though so I guess that was crucial. My only complaint is I don't have a memory of my first game because I was so young so take photos/videos so in 20 odd years and she is a die-hard fan she can look back on her first game. 

My wife is due to drop our first bear cub in 7 weeks but she was at the game last night and had photos taken with "bump" at their first game.  obviously too soon and i doubt very much the wee man/lady will remember much about the game.  I can always tell them that they were in the stadium when Niko scored his first goal :pipe: