Why Do Managers Not See What Fans See?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Managers have a lot more to think about than we fans.

He will know if a player is 100% fit, & ready to play, physically, & mentally.

If a player is not 'pulling his weight' in training, coaches won't pick them to start. There are also times, when we fans may think 'He must be doing great things in training' when we see a certain player picked every week, who we think shouldn't.

That was always DJ's answer to critics when I used to listen to SSB. 

13 hours ago, Marky. said:

Managers watch the team train. They know the players personally, they are aware of how they are doing.

Fans, well, we see what the team does on the pitch and that's just about it.

Totally agree, in reality about 10% of a football players working week is a 90 odd minute football game. 

The points about the defence being the scapegoats are well founded. They didn't play terribly on Saturday, Kiernan could have done better blocking the cross as surely he should have realised it was going to come in, but the second ball should not have been allowed to get through and I agree as well that Wallace doesn't get enough criticism when he should, when crawford chopped that ball back I've seen oil tankers turn quicker than wallace did. the forward players were to blame for me, we should have won that game 3-1 or more, for 45 minutes they farted about without really threatening Hamilton. And that is MW style, he wont mind conceding most games, because his style of play should result in us scoring a good few and maybe getting caught on the break once. 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I agree with this too. Fucking hell that's a couple of posts in two days now feel dirty as fuck. Don't even feel this dirty after a day of power-wanking.

I think too that the Dundee team selection will be interesting as it's a decent test for us and will be interesting to see if a couple start that maybe shouldn't and/or what sort of changes he makes and at what times if it isn't working. Dundee is a bigger game than some people might think IMO.

Fuck this agreeing! ( power wanking? Is that with 'Hendry the hover'?)

Dundee are a decent team - and yet our fans will get carried away by the way we pumped them last season - and yet anything other than a win and this place will be crazy and MW under real pressure. As Walter said 'Your never more than two bad results away from a crisis at Ibrox' 

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Fuck this agreeing! ( power wanking? Is that with 'Hendry the hover'?)

Dundee are a decent team - and yet our fans will get carried away by the way we pumped them last season - and yet anything other than a win and this place will be crazy and MW under real pressure. As Walter said 'Your never more than two bad results away from a crisis at Ibrox' 

I know you disagree but if we don't beat Dundee I think any negative reaction on here will be more than justified. We had to get the season off to a flier and go into the tarriers gave with 12 points on the board IMO. I know you don't win the league on the first game or the first 2-4 games or even the first Old Firm game but it's a bad start considering they went and spent 4.5 million on someone who scored the winner and churned them out a hard win at one of their difficult venues - it's a set-back - but plenty time to make up for it provided we finally learn from these mistakes and get 2 key signings through the door.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I know you disagree but if we don't beat Dundee I think any negative reaction on here will be more than justified. We had to get the season off to a flier and go into the tarriers gave with 12 points on the board IMO. I know you don't win the league on the first game or the first 2-4 games or even the first Old Firm game but it's a bad start considering they went and spent 4.5 million on someone who scored the winner and churned them out a hard win at one of their difficult venues - it's a set-back - but plenty time to make up for it provided we finally learn from these mistakes and get 2 key signings through the door.

It was a terrible start. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I have said it many times - all a Rangers manager has to do is win. Pretty football is always secondary to winning ( and I know they are not mutually exclusive?) - in some ways I don't care if we get two signings or not - as long as we win - 2 new signings may make that happen, they may not. 

But if we want to build a legacy we have to understand that it may take time - time to build and transition squads - time for our 'philosophy' to work though - and a negative reaction to a draw in the first top level game is not really supportive of the stated longer term plans. 

I guess it just depends where you draw that line of patience! 

The good thing is i watched a bit of their game the other day and they dont lookgreat either at back  even with the addition of Toure, i thought Hearts now look a big physical type team and were a bit unlucky as they dominated for long periods of the game.

Just now, Smile said:

The good thing is i watched a bit of their game the other day and they dont lookgreat either at back  even with the addition of Toure, i thought Hearts now look a big physical type team and were a bit unlucky as they dominated for long periods of the game.

They probably watched our game and thought the same thing.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

I agree with you mate but my argument is that they have went to probably their toughest place alongside Pittodrie and apart from Ibrox and churned out the win when playing shite and with the help of someone they went out and spent 4.5 million on.

We are not capable of this yet it seems - in terms of spending a bit of cash on a bit of quality and in my eyes going to somewhere like Tynecastle and win a game in that fashion like they did yesterday. Sadly.