Fans input to transfers

Just now, kaiser1041 said:

That says more about you than it does me.

how much do you put into Rangers now ?

How much do I put I ?

Season ticket holder since 98, so 18 years of paying that. 

Cccs member, so purchasing additional tickets even at times when I can make games.

Ran my supporters bus for last 8 years, so by default do the donkey work for 15 other season ticket holders to be at games.

Inherited my grandfathers shares and added to them, lost almost £2000 worth, then went back with my own money and bought £500 worth again.

Does that pass your test as to my level of input?

2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

How much do I put I ?

Season ticket holder since 98, so 18 years of paying that. 

Cccs member, so purchasing additional tickets even at times when I can make games.

Ran my supporters bus for last 8 years, so by default do the donkey work for 15 other season ticket holders to be at games.

Inherited my grandfathers shares and added to them, lost almost £2000 worth, then went back with my own money and bought £500 worth again.

Does that pass your test as to my level of input?

It wasn't a test but I'm honestly glad you put so much in.

it highlights to me that we as a fan base put our hands in our pockets enough.

Not a chance, a bit tongue in cheek, but should we not have loads of money since no one is doing any stealing any more?

I think £400 average would be a pretty good estimate for our ST holders since you have bar72, club deck, and main stand all paying a good bit more than that. I still don't think our weekly wages will be extortionate either.

1 minute ago, j1mgg said:

Not a chance, a bit tongue in cheek, but should we not have loads of money since no one is doing any stealing any more?

I think £400 average would be a pretty good estimate for our ST holders since you have bar72, club deck, and main stand all paying a good bit more than that. I still don't think our weekly wages will be extortionate either.

Not necessarily, as a club right now we are probably just over breaking even due to the lack of TV revenue and commercial income. I would rather we were self sustainable and running at a constant profit before we started spending relative big bucks on players.

1 hour ago, j1mgg said:

£400 isn't the average. It's much less.

The year ending June 2016 ST sales were 26 515 bringing in £6.3 Million which is an average of £237. Even adding 20% on to that for the recent hikes would only bring the figure to £284. Think there was a 5% hike last year too, so that takes the figure to an average of around £297. Mainly because there are so many kids and OAP tickets to take into account, on top of the fact that tickets in alot of areas, behind the goals etc, are relatively cheap.

297 x 42000 = £12.475 Million.

20 minutes ago, Inigo said:

£400 isn't the average. It's much less.

The year ending June 2016 ST sales were 26 515 bringing in £6.3 Million which is an average of £237. Even adding 20% on to that for the recent hikes would only bring the figure to £284. Think there was a 5% hike last year too, so that takes the figure to an average of around £297. Mainly because there are so many kids and OAP tickets to take into account, on top of the fact that tickets in alot of areas, behind the goals etc, are relatively cheap.

297 x 42000 = £12.475 Million.

There's so many supporters really don't understand how much money we have (or don't have).

T3B and others will likely have to again put up loans for equity this year. In fact, is that even in doubt? We're going to be running a loss of millions again this year aren't we?

Just now, jim white's a bear said:

There's so many supporters really don't understand how much money we have (or don't have).

T3B and others will likely have to again put up loans for equity this year. In fact, is that even in doubt? We're going to be running a loss of millions again this year aren't we?

Yup.

I don't think it's right fans dictate the transfer policy in regards to who we sign, but they should be listened to if there's someone they really don't want i.e Lafferty, Naismith, Davis, Whittaker, McGregor etc.

5 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I know this is quite a utopian dream, but off the back of the seeming reluctance of the board to invest in the team, is this something fans of the club across the world could help with.

It's clear we need investment in a couple of key areas and that needs to be quality not potential.

Fans have raised money in the past to assist the club. Could something be put in place to receive donations that is solely for transfers.

I realise it sounds a bit desperate but King seems happy sitting with his thumb up his arse.

Aye happy to donate, after all TRFFF show how we can unite, raise money as a collective and put it to good use.  Well all except the good use part.  Fans have already handed over around 16 -19M in ST money.  

1 hour ago, jim white's a bear said:

Agreed. 

Problem is we're undercapitalised and the loans just go to covering operating expenses. 

I really thought they would have made fan ownership part of their plan. 100k fans paying £5 a month for 51% would mean we don't have to rely on transfer fees or Europe to top us up.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I don't think it's right fans dictate the transfer policy in regards to who we sign, but they should be listened to if there's someone they really don't want i.e Lafferty, Naismith, Davis, Whittaker, McGregor etc.

I remember eoin jess being linked and the fans let advocaat know we didn't want him during a game 

other example would be cup final we chanted stick your kenny miller up your arse but that didn't have any effect 

57 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

Terrible idea fans on here would have burst the bank for that wee flash cunt Celtic just punted to rotherham 

I think the principle was to raise money for a transfer Kitty not decide who it was spent upon? (I think)

If it was guaranteed to go on players I would do this no problem whatsoever, and think it s a decent idea.  I would not for a second judge anyone who feels they are investing enough as it is or indeed doesn't fancy it out of principle.