How Many Games?

Blues Brother

How many games do you give the squad before giving you're final judgement on the squad?

i think after 10/12 league games is a decent amount of time to see if this squad is good enough to win the league and move us forward in the future. I know a few folk have already passed their judgements on certain players, but for me it's far too early for that. 

The squad needs a little time to settle and to get used to playing proper competitive games week in week out, for the full 90 mins. 

i'll not judge it until the 1st quarter of the league season is complete.

5 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

I agree, but my point is it's to early to pass judgement just yet. Good or bad

Good when it's good, bad when we go to pieces(Bowie), about sums it up really and Scottish football, good enough for most of the teams in the league. We create a lot of chances, we need to take them, so a good at this moment.

To be honest the scum concern me a bit, unless our defence gets sorted I worry about playing them, yes we may play some attractive football and get our fair share of chances, but looking at the second half today was concerning.

4 minutes ago, smell the glove said:

'final' judgement?  Surely the day we know if we have won the league or not. Is this a trick question, I don't get it?

The judgement is whether we have a good enough squad to win the league or not. Judgement is not needed if the outcome is already known.

The question I am asking is When is it fair to judge this squad? 

After the last few games it's not the squad that I am worried about its the manager. We watched nice flowing football and there is players there to do the same but there are flaws that seem to be standing out to us, the fans but yet no being fixed on the park. There is also the daft shit like refusing to make  a sub till 60 mins and it also seems all pre planned, one of the two subs at 60 mins should have been Harry but it felt as if it wasn't part of the plan so wasn't taken off when everyone else could see what was coming. Warburton ticked all the boxes last year and he should continue in the same way but he seems to have went slightly more defensive in my eyes which is a big mistake as it doesn't suit or game and we are far better than requiring 2 defensive midfielders, we should stick to what we are good at and that is attacking. We have moved in the right direction just need to make sure that continues 

2 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

The judgement is whether we have a good enough squad to win the league or not. Judgement is not needed if the outcome is already known.

The question I am asking is When is it fair to judge this squad? 

Answer - at the end of the season. Are you making games up for the sake of it?

Depends on what your expectations are this year,if you believe we should be winning the league this year then probably only Rangers being top of the league will be acceptable.

Personally I'm prepared to give Warburton a season whilst Rangers consolidate their position on and off the park.

January at least, unless we go on some sort of mental losing/winning streak that makes it obvious either way.

It's way to early right now, although if we don't sign another defender, and probably another striker, then it isn't going to be an easy season.

We have a relatively new team again who are trying to gel without any real pre season games.

It's going to take a bit of time for it all to come together the way we all would like it.

The bheast game will take care of itself.

It's how quickly the team comes together leading up to that game for me.

If we can gain maximum points going in to that game then we should be in good shape.

1 hour ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Depends on what your expectations are this year,if you believe we should be winning the league this year then probably only Rangers being top of the league will be acceptable.

Personally I'm prepared to give Warburton a season whilst Rangers consolidate their position on and off the park.

Same for me. I don't expect to win this year, in fact I think anyone thinking it is realistic to win the league is being too optimistic. I've said before I expect top 4. Obviously the higher the better, but Warburton has earned the right to not get flak for not winning this season. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Blooded said:

Same for me. I don't expect to win this year, in fact I think anyone thinking it is realistic to win the league is being too optimistic. I've said before I expect top 4. Obviously the higher the better, but Warburton has earned the right to not get flak for not winning this season. 

Top 4 ? Fucking hell

1 minute ago, BlueDevil said:

Top 4 ? Fucking hell

I think it is unfair to 'expect' more than that. I know what we all want, but I think people need to keep their feet on the ground. 

I won't be happy with top 4, but I won't be gutted either. For me, 2nd or 3rd would be a decent season, and 1st would be stuff of dreams.