Subs today

eosmhdo

Was a wee bit concerned that we brought on our subs today and nothing changed at all for us in the game. A wins a win but was a bit disappointed with the second half display and the lack of any change in our game via the subs brought on.

13 minutes ago, eosmhdo said:

Was a wee bit concerned that we brought on our subs today and nothing changed at all for us in the game. A wins a win but was a bit disappointed with the second half display and the lack of any change in our game via the subs brought on.

Suppose they can't all be as good as wee Harry pinging a pass with the outside of his boot with his first touch , after coming off the bench.

It could be worse, we could have took on Nicky Clark and lost the game with him fannying about.

9 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

I'm a bit concerned about all this negativity after winning away from home.

So you were happy with the second half display then? Nothing negative in my post, a wins a win. Just wanted to see a difference when subs came on and didn't see one.

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Suppose they can't all be as good as wee Harry pinging a pass with the outside of his boot with his first touch , after coming off the bench.

It could be worse, we could have took on Nicky Clark and lost the game with him fannying about.

Fair enough, just wanted a bit more.

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I'd rather bring on Dodoo, Kranjcar and O'halloran than Clark, law and Shiels. No offence to the latter three, but it's sometimes better to make a change and see no change rather than make a change and lose something. 

Agreed but expected more than from the changes, that's all

3 minutes ago, eosmhdo said:

Fair enough, just wanted a bit more.

Dundee deserve a bit of credit for pressing the game and not letting us impose ourselves as much as we would like,the ball just didn't seem to stick with Dodoo or O'Halloran but we had chances aswell.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Dundee deserve a bit of credit for pressing the game and not letting us impose ourselves as much as we would like,the ball just didn't seem to stick with Dodoo or O'Halloran but we had chances aswell.

Agreed and its early doors in the league, just eager for us to put teams to the sword earlier

6 hours ago, eosmhdo said:

Agreed and its early doors in the league, just eager for us to put teams to the sword earlier

Said the same yesterday mate.

We had chances to bury them but going into the last 10 minutes i was shiting myself everytime they went up the park or got a corner.

On paper thd pace of Dodoo and O'Halloran should have been perfect for fast breakaways.

To me ohalloran runs about like a headless chicken,watched him closely in midweek and again from behind the

goal yesterday,he never seems to know where to run or get himself in good positions,Bartons always telling

him where to go,he never looks up just gets his head down and runs blindly,you never see him link up well.

or play a one two with anybody, to me he's not a team player. Good sub to bring on for his pace,but would

never start him

6 hours ago, eosmhdo said:

So you were happy with the second half display then? Nothing negative in my post, a wins a win. Just wanted to see a difference when subs came on and didn't see one.

Honestly I wouldn't be really bothered especially this season if we were poor but scrapped 1-0s and 2-1s.

its all about the 3 points

39 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Honestly I wouldn't be really bothered especially this season if we were poor but scrapped 1-0s and 2-1s.

its all about the 3 points

Had Miller taken his chances it would have been at least 3-0 before they scored and would have  been an easy, comfortable win. The game turned tho,  so as you say, we got the 3pts and held out for the win. Scrapped a win but on another day, taking our chances, would have walked it.