What are our strengths?

Gaz52

You read a lot about how fragile we are defensively, especially from set-pieces. BT Sport can't stress it enough how vulnerable we are from set-pieces, it's all they seem to go on about, funnily enough you don't see any other teams weaknesses being pointed out. Perhaps I'm just being a paranoid proddy

Anyway, positive thread.

I'd say last season, especially at the start, the high tempo which we played games was blowing everyone away, that's why we were going away to Hibs,QoS, Alloa and sticking 5-6 goals past them. It seems to be a more conservative approach this season, obviously we're in a better league so the freedom to attack won't be the same as last year.

The way we move the ball from back to front is impressive, even 'Mutton' was saying we are great to watch. The way our full-backs link with our midfield is crucial to our style, if McKay and Wallace are on point then the whole team seem to be playing well. And we seen on Saturday both goals came from two pieces of play down either flank. We're unplayable at times but far from complete yet. We also have an abundance of talent in our squad.

What does it for you? What do you like best about the way we play?

We are good when we have the ball, fragile when we don't.  I think under MW, we are never going to be that solid defensively which means that we need to keep possession of the ball.  Since the Celtic cup tie, I don't think we have done this very well when the chips are down and other teams pressurise us, the cup final being the worst example of this.  We need to show much more composure and retain the ball at these times.

Although our attacking play can often be excellent, we need to start scoring cheap goals.  In many ways, we presently remind me of Arsenal - clearly well short of their standard but with much the same strengths and weaknesses.

On a serious note... (never started a thread like that) I would say our fitness levels are our biggest strength.

One or two players arent up to full fitness yet, but overall the team plays with a Right Back, Left Back and others who are still running at full speed in the 90+ minute mark. 

I liked MW's comment after the Hamilton game that the subs came on and everyone agreed they changed the game. Then he threw in that a large part of it was due to the earlier players tiring out the opposition. So keeping possession and making the opposition run around is definitely one of or maybe our main strength. 

We hold our shape well, and that is getting lost somewhere, which is a pity because it is a valuable in any important team, more so on the continent, but it is very important.

We are always a threat in front of goal.

We finish games mostly stronger than our opponents. We are fit.

We pass the ball well, and our movement is excellent. The second half against Hamilton hasn't been credited to the team as it should have been, but we were excellent in the second half of that match, the movement passing mid to front was brilliant at times.. Had Waghorn stayed on we most probably have won it.

We have an excellent team spirit; if you look at the reaction of the players towards Miller when he scored the second goal on Saturday you could see every player delighted both for him and each other; I'd say that is our strongest facet, and again I think it is an under-rated attribute of our team.

We work hard.