English Football

Clemdog

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I'm sure I read that Liverpools points total would have won every premier league apart from the two that Pep and Man city won:lol:

3rd highest total ever in the league and never even won it :lol: would’ve been fuming. CL would’ve made up for it though.

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I'm sure I read that Liverpools points total would have won every premier league apart from the two that Pep and Man city won:lol:

Aye because it was a two horse race with no other competition 

I’m saying it’s easier to get a really high points total when you have only one team realistically competing with you and the worst Chelsea, Arsenal and Man United in recent years, not to mention half the premiership is actually all guff apart from about 8 teams,

in the invincibles year Chelsea had only 2 less wins than arsenal and Man U were strong.

A much harder achievement or thing to do those years ago and if people can’t understand that then I give up. @hammer93

2 minutes ago, CR3 said:

I’m saying it’s easier to get a really high points total when you have only one team realistically competing with you and the worst Chelsea, Arsenal and Man United in recent years, not to mention half the premiership is actually all guff apart from about 8 teams,

in the invincibles year Chelsea had only 2 less wins than arsenal and Man U were strong.

A much harder achievement or thing to do those years ago and if people can’t understand that then I give up. @hammer93

The ‘top 4’ might be weaker but Man City, Liverpool, and Yids are stronger than they ever have been in the PL, teams like Wolves and Leicester are better than teams out with the top 4 back then as well. 

2 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Go back and look at the league standings from when the premier league started....I checked up until 2000.....if you think the majority of the clubs in the top 10 were providing stiff competition then you need a lie down m8....Man utd had the most money to spend in those days so winning the league with 78pts was always achievable to suggest the competition back then was stronger is a complete myth....city and the scouse have left the field behind of late....Man Utd have spent big but unwisely....Arsenal & Spurs cant compete financially with City, Man u, Liverpool & Chelsea.....you rarely see the big clubs out the top 8 now whereas before a very large amount of top ten teams are now in the divisions below

11 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Point of this post?

Was showing me all the leagues apparently (but can’t see the actual main years I was talking about)😂 having the strongest premier league teams to show there was more competition in the league in terms of points when I think my main issue was that teams were BETTER back then.

So, competition in terms of more good teams in the league. 

I said it was easier for a Liverpool or city to get a high points total recently when your big teams arsenal, Chelsea and Man U have been the worst they’ve been in recent years.. Would still be harder when those teams were better.. Not going to change my mind. 

5 hours ago, CR3 said:

Was showing me all the leagues apparently (but can’t see the actual main years I was talking about)😂 having the strongest premier league teams to show there was more competition in the league in terms of points when I think my main issue was that teams were BETTER back then.

So, competition in terms of more good teams in the league. 

I said it was easier for a Liverpool or city to get a high points total recently when your big teams arsenal, Chelsea and Man U have been the worst they’ve been in recent years.. Would still be harder when those teams were better.. Not going to change my mind. 

The point I'm making is that the main challenges back then are...mainly dung...the current city and liverpool sides win those leagues by 30 pts minimum....moving into the 2000s again only 2 teams capable of winning it until Chelsea start spending more money than Man utd & Arsenal....you can continue all you like with how competitive the league is in those years but in general the teams who invested heavily would come to the fore hence the reason Arsenal have been left wanting