English Football

Clemdog

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Howard Webb will say human error and apologise..

Sounds about right mate, there have been some howling decisions since it came in which have already led to apologies....I don't think apologising is the point....they are fucking up the use of the technology....to not show the lines is too fucking suspicious for my liking 

Just now, hammer93 said:

Sounds about right mate, there have been some howling decisions since it came in which have already led to apologies....I don't think apologising is the point....they are fucking up the use of the technology....to not show the lines is too fucking suspicious for my liking 

Offside is the one thing that should always be 100% accurate.

Been too many times the 'check complete' has been far too quick and seems iffy to me.

15 minutes ago, MVRanger said:

Not a Liverpool fan, but this was  clearly on-side....

Screenshot_20230930-200015_X.jpg

PMGOL  have just admitted they fucked up by not bothering to check properly and it should have been a goal.

Absolutely fucking disgraceful for a system that the brass said would end all the controversies over decisions and it’s not happening in isolation either with way too many VAR decisions looking wrong.

I have been consistent from day 1 that VAR is shite and ruins the game for fans. I would rather accept the odd mistake than the constant waiting for VAR to think of a reason to ruin your celebrations.

Yes I may be old but I can’t be the only one who thinks all the tinkering with this, the offside rule, the handball rule etc is ruining the greatest spectator sport in the world.

Just now, folkestoneger said:

You are surely at it. It’s not even close to offside judging by the picture above 

I was only talking about in real time and when they showed it briefly. The pic above shows they and indeed I got it wrong. 

Maybe I best get my eyes retested. :sarcasm: