English Football

Clemdog

:lol: 

England have called up Liverpool striker Dominic Solanke and Bournemouth midfielder Lewis Cook for Tuesday's friendly against Brazil at Wembley.

Manchester City goalkeeper Angus Gunn, on loan at Norwich, was brought into the squad on Friday to replace Stoke's Jack Butland, who has broken a finger

2 hours ago, Gustav said:

England have called up Liverpool striker Dominic Solanke and Bournemouth midfielder Lewis Cook for Tuesday's friendly against Brazil at Wembley.

Manchester City goalkeeper Angus Gunn, on loan at Norwich, was brought into the squad on Friday to replace Stoke's Jack Butland, who has broken a finger

I don’t actually see the problem with this. Cook is the captain of the U21’s and Solanke was the top scorer at the U20’s World Cup. England need to do more to bridge the gap between the unders and the full team rather than just shoehorning all their big names into the team like they have done for years and then wondering why they struggle and if these younger players aren’t getting enough football then they should be open to the idea of broadening their horizons and going somewhere that they can play, even if it means leaving England and going abroad.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t actually see the problem with this. Cook is the captain of the U21’s and Solanke was the top scorer at the U20’s World Cup. England need to do more to bridge the gap between the unders and the full team rather than just shoehorning all their big names into the team like they have done for years and then wondering why they struggle and if these younger players aren’t getting enough football then they should be open to the idea of broadening their horizons and going somewhere that they can play, even if it means leaving England and going abroad.

Solanke has had 36 senior games and Gunn 19. I get what you're saying but that's ridiculous imo. Cook I can understand.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 21:59, Gustav said:

Angus son of Scotland goalie Bryan.

2 hours ago, ben51 said:

17 games against the top 6 for Pochettino, 1 game won.

Didn't realise that.  

Yeah seen that stat this morning on the repeat of MOTD..Im ashamed to admit the win was against Man City at white Hart lane where they seemed to get every 50/50 decision going..

It made the dodgy calls against them in the north London derby even funnier for me..not that I like arsenal any more than Spurs..