English Football

Clemdog

Maybe this is the start of City getting a wee bit of luck. 

Keeper calamity and 3rd would've been chopped off if VAR was used in League Cup. 

Cant believe the drop in wee Bernardo Silvas form. 18/19 he was usually the best man on the park. 

One thing ive definitely got used to now is listening to music rather than any commentary. Mode were on for the free kick and The Cure when Foden scored. 

Alan Smith and that other tube were giving me ear cancer first half. 

14 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Arteta must be on the brink of getting sacked now?

Nope. Don’t see it at all tbh.

Done the right thing getting Ozil and the like but seems to have bit him on the arse. 

Shite squad with the exception of maybe three. Decent youth though. From top to bottom a shambles as well.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Done the right thing getting Ozil and the like but seems to have bit him on the arse. 

Shite squad with the exception of maybe three. Decent youth though. From top to bottom a shambles as well.

Just a club that is broken from top to bottom. Wenger must look at the state of it now and think why did I even bother for all those years.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Just a club that is broken from top to bottom. Wenger must look at the state of it now and think why did I even bother for all those years.

Listened to a few podcasts which have explained the farcical nature of the Club. 

Getting rid of Wenger and bringing in people in areas so they just had a Head Coach. They understood how important it was, looking at other Club's, to not just have one person calling the shots..

Subsequently they brought Arteta in as Head Coach of the First Team. Then sacked the people they brought in after Wenger and made Arteta Manager. :lol: 

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Not at all in the context of sides they play, the players look shite because of how badly managed they are, looks like he has lost the dressing room after trying to bury Pepe, leaks since and the management of Ozil is weird given he is the exact player he needs and keeps trying to shoehorn players into that role at the expense of the team, using Lacazatte as a 10 is just weird. 

Leno, Bellerin, Tierney (spits), Gabriel, Saka, Ceballos, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Pepe, Partey the likes of Nelson and Martinelli are all way more than decent and the parts around that aren't even that bad if used correctly. 

They look miles off the pace under Arteta badly coached, little to no direction in what they are doing. A load of managers would love working with that squad, do a better job of it and have they players performing closer to the level they should be. 

Sides in England just look for excuses to be shit these days and write off players as pish and shit rather than getting the best out of what they have, that is players collected from sides like Lyon, Dortmund, Atleti and wanted talents around Europe like Pepe who was highly in demand

29 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Listened to a few podcasts which have explained the farcical nature of the Club. 

Getting rid of Wenger and bringing in people in areas so they just had a Head Coach. They understood how important it was, looking at other Club's, to not just have one person calling the shots..

Subsequently they brought Arteta in as Head Coach of the First Team. Then sacked the people they brought in after Wenger and made Arteta Manager. :lol: 

What podcasts are they mate? Would be interested in listening to them. Shit like that fascinates me :lol:

31 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Not at all in the context of sides they play, the players look shite because of how badly managed they are, looks like he has lost the dressing room after trying to bury Pepe, leaks since and the management of Ozil is weird given he is the exact player he needs and keeps trying to shoehorn players into that role at the expense of the team, using Lacazatte as a 10 is just weird. 

Leno, Bellerin, Tierney (spits), Gabriel, Saka, Ceballos, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Pepe, Partey the likes of Nelson and Martinelli are all way more than decent and the parts around that aren't even that bad if used correctly. 

They look miles off the pace under Arteta badly coached, little to no direction in what they are doing. A load of managers would love working with that squad, do a better job of it and have they players performing closer to the level they should be. 

Sides in England just look for excuses to be shit these days and write off players as pish and shit rather than getting the best out of what they have, that is players collected from sides like Lyon, Dortmund, Atleti and wanted talents around Europe like Pepe who was highly in demand

I think there’s still a decent core of players to work with there too. I think if you put Nuno, Rodgers or even Hassenhuttl in the job they would get a lot more out of the players than Arteta is getting. 

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Sides in England just look for excuses to be shit these days and write off players as pish and shit rather than getting the best out of what they have. 

Ozil is as much of the problem as he is the solution, guy’s a knob and the faster he’s away the better. 

Ceballos, Lacazette, Pepe, and Bellerin (lol) are rotten, Aubameyang got his contract and chucked it. Gabriel looks decent, not good enough for a good club though. 

Not one manager in the world would love to manage that squad.  Emery wasn’t great either, doing class at Villarreal, wonder if that was the manager or team. Also, a lot of them were there under Wenger as well, how did that end for him?

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Mad how much the fans turned on him at the end tbh, wanted him gone myself but was bizarre how much cunts seemed to hate him.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

What podcasts are they mate? Would be interested in listening to them. Shit like that fascinates me :lol:

Nothing groundbreaking to be fair, mate. 

BT Sports Football Writers Podcast is the one in question. They're not afraid to bring guys in from the Athletic - far more modern than Sky. 

Sunday Supplement has went downhill since lockdown - they have Clinton Morrison on it instead of other journos. 

I know you listen to TIFO too.

I also do a lot of listening on Youtube, just guys who follow their Club and have a fairly decent following but aren't retards like the AFTV guys.

5 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Don't think any of them are any good either.

58 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Obviously not watching it but I see he scored too and still got subbed.

Not a Mourinho player, doesn't work hard enough.

Never saw his goal, just had our game on the laptop with their game on the TV.

But I agree about him not being a Jose type player.