*** Official Post Match Thread.***

gogzy

The most worrying part of the bigger picture is that we've struggled against 3 of the weakest teams in the league, with 2 of them being at home.

MW has made his intentions very clear with his philosophy and the type of players he signs so he needs to back it up with his team selections.

No point signing all this exciting attacking talent to set up with 3 holding midfielders with little pace or creativity, particularly at home. Our strength is in attack so we must play to our strengths.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Wallace will improve I've no doubt about that he's a proven premier league performer maybe lack of competition for his spot is the issue there as Tav looks to have got better since Hodgson came in

I think he will I'm just not 100% sure of it, I thought Hodson could play either full back position tbh. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

People can say I'm overreacting all they want but I would be happy if Kiernan and Halliday never played another game for us, both are absolutely hopeless.

Fully agree with Halliday, didn't think Kiernan was that bad today. Thought our fullbacks got skinned far too much tho.

56 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

Too slow in the first half, too much dilly-dallying and not enough purpose. 2nd half we were miles better and should have had a 3rd at the end if MOH hadn't fucked it.

MOH needs to start against Kilmarnock, and hopefully Holt or Windass instead of Halliday. 

Heresy to some on here, but I think he's been poor since the start of the season. Warburton appears to think he has to be played to bring him into a patch of form. He played today as he has since the Motherwell game in the BetFred, poor passing and couldn't hit his arse with a banjo. He's our new Lee McCulloch and I really hated him. Don't know what's gone wrong with Halliday at all. Agree that Holt and Windass are better options. Shouldn't play next Friday. Plenty of options and no need nowadays to stick by an underperforming player through thick and thin. No doubt some wont like this, but it's the unvarnished truth.

Kiernan can fuck off - their first goal WHY THE FUCK IS HE SCREAMING FOR TAV TO GET OUT WHEN TAV IS OUT OF POSITION. Absolute fucking walloper I swear I fucking hate him now. He should be going out his himself with Tav tucking in behind him. So poor man.

Halliday was garbage but he's playing a new position - I don't think he quite knew what his role was 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Thought Tav was by far our best player today mate, Wallace isn't at the same level as last year sadly. Kiernan was losing headers against McDonald and his passing and touch just isn't good enough IMO.

I'd like to watch the game back before saying too much but I agree Kiernans passing was a bit slack again today although he made a goalstopping tackle in the second half and was putting in some really good challenges.

Tav was decent but he lost the ball a few times going forward and got skinned for the first goal I think, might have been someone else tho I couldn't see it well.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Thought Tav was by far our best player today mate, Wallace isn't at the same level as last year sadly. Kiernan was losing headers against McDonald and his passing and touch just isn't good enough IMO.

Until Kranjcar came on Tav was the only one who wasn't hiding. Kept wanting the ball and whilst he played a few poor passes I can deal with that if the players are continuing to show for it and demand the ball. 

Fuck me! 

Oh the train home so I thought I'd login here to see everyone buzzing! You'd think someone died! 

Top of the league boys :21:

We know we weren't at our best but we got the three points. Waggy, Holt and Windass all to come back from injury, Garner to get some games and a new centre half signing soon! 

:uk:

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Kiernan can fuck off - their first goal WHY THE FUCK IS HE SCREAMING FOR TAV TO GET OUT WHEN TAV IS OUT OF POSITION. Absolute fucking walloper I swear I fucking hate him now. He should be going out his himself with Tav tucking in behind him. So poor man.

Halliday was garbage but he's playing a new position - I don't think he quite knew what his role was 

Thought Kiernan has looked much better than Wilson this year and opinion hasn't changed today. Put an older head in alongside him (not Hill) and we'll see him get better. Very vocal in defence and his athleticism helps when he need to recover. 

1 minute ago, Tommy WATP said:

Thought Kiernan has looked much better than Wilson this year and opinion hasn't changed today. Put an older head in alongside him (not Hill) and we'll see him get better. Very vocal in defence and his athleticism helps when he need to recover. 

Wilson was 100x better than Kiernan today. Kiernan can fuck off and see that 80 yard pass to the smallest player on the pitch in Barrie McKay - he can take that shite with him. 

A lot of work required team look as if they have just met at times and we won't be meeting dross like Motherwell every week,time to fix it is while we are on top not after the event.

Management team need to step their game up and impose on the players what is required,expected and will be accepted which should be no less than all.

Definitely need to be more attacking at home this year, too many players turning back to their own goal, major difference when they faced forward for the first 10 mins of 2nd half and we were finding space and getting in behind. 

Agree with other posters, the trio of Barton, Rossiter and Halliday doesn't work. Hopefully with Windass and Holt back we'll see a higher tempo in midfield. 

Turgid in the first half. Not direct enough and nothing solid through the middle at all. Maybe Garner would have been the difference there, something for their centre-half's to think about. Could also have got on the end of some terrific balls in from Tavernier which went lost.

Improved in the 2nd half with Dodoo making the difference. O'Halloran has to start at Killie.

Im optimistic ok we werent briliant today but i thought we showed good fighting spirit to get the win. Its still early doors and i think Warburton is still finding out his starting 11.

We needed another striker and defender and have our striker in and nearly got a defender in. 

If we can get and keep Kranjcar fit then he will change games.

Dont know if youse see it today but Barton came over towards the govan stand shouting get behind us and waving his arms. To be honest couldnt agree more i felt us fans started getting frustated far to early today instead of getting right behind the team. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Wilson was 100x better than Kiernan today. Kiernan can fuck off and see that 80 yard pass to the smallest player on the pitch in Barrie McKay - he can take that shite with him. 

You mean something that Warbuton has praised him for attempting and something that is very difficult but can get us forward quicker and puts us in a good attacking position. But aye let's not do that anymore.

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Can't agree with that at all, you mention Kiernan being out jumped by McDonald but Wilson was caught under the ball plenty of times against him. Kiernan to me always tries to play the ball quickly whereas Wilson holds onto it too long. Don't get me wrong the midfield don't help with not showing for it but Kiernan seems more aggressive out the two. 

Gave motherwell too much time on the ball today , again . One of our strengths last season was pressing the opposition when they had possession , we seemed to have lost that a wee bit . Improved in the 2nd half until we scored our goal and then seemed to relax again until the last 10 minutes. 

Need to get more men in the goalmouth too as there's no sense playing down the wings , getting crosses in and no ones there . Hopefully that may change with the arrival of JG. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Tommy WATP said:

Can't agree with that at all, you mention Kiernan being out jumped by McDonald but Wilson was caught under the ball plenty of times against him. Kiernan to me always tries to play the ball quickly whereas Wilson holds onto it too long. Don't get me wrong the midfield don't help with not showing for it but Kiernan seems more aggressive out the two. 

Watch out mate you're being too logical.