Searching for a whipping boy.

The Educator

3 minutes ago, left winger said:

The later we score, obviously, the less time the opposition have to reply. With our defence thats no bad thing.

(tu)

Very sad mate, but also very true at the same time, that being said we do need to improve or we will not be anywhere near the top never mind winning this league, I'm sure you will agree.

:uk:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people spit the dummy out if MW doesn't pick the line up they post in the official match thread. Then there are the ones who go off one one if a player isn't in their perceived position. The fact that most of our outfield players can play in multiple positions seems to elude them.

MW chooses the team as he sees the players in training daily and every result is down to him. No manager can keep all the support happy.

We have came a long way in a short space of time under MW. We play good posessive and attacking football. We may not be scoring for fun yet but we are getting results which is the primary objective.

I beleive we will get better as the season goes on and the new players gel into the team. We will just have to be patient. 

11 hours ago, eddierfc said:

I agree with the OP there was some mental shouts round about my seat yesterday. Litterally from kick off a guy behind me was screaming that Halliday was shite, the team was shite, everything was shite. It's understandable to be frustrated at times but we don't need cunts like that in our support. He left at half time thank fuck a few bears were getting noised up by his shite! 

You should have screamed "You're shite at supporting!" as he left.:pipe:

23 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Some people spit the dummy out if MW doesn't pick the line up they post in the official match thread. Then there are the ones who go off one one if a player isn't in their perceived position. The fact that most of our outfield players can play in multiple positions seems to elude them.

MW chooses the team as he sees the players in training daily and every result is down to him. No manager can keep all the support happy.

We have came a long way in a short space of time under MW. We play good posessive and attacking football. We may not be scoring for fun yet but we are getting results which is the primary objective.

I beleive we will get better as the season goes on and the new players gel into the team. We will just have to be patient. 

Both home games plenty around me have highlighted before k.o.  flaws in the starting 11 that would leave us without penetration, without midfield dynamism, or exposed.

We're punters, we don't see the mid week stuff, yet are proven right.

We have better players than at least 10/11 we're up against. Yet our solid performers seem to have regressed.

We need to get the fucking finger out from top to bottom, stop the fucking excuses, and perform to our capabilities. 

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Both home games plenty around me have highlighted before k.o.  flaws in the starting 11 that would leave us without penetration, without midfield dynamism, or exposed.

We're punters, we don't see the mid week stuff, yet are proven right.

We have better players than at least 10/11 we're up against. Yet our solid performers seem to have regressed.

We need to get the fucking finger out from top to bottom, stop the fucking excuses, and perform to our capabilities. 

Players regressing? You'd think Ally was back in charge. The team needs time to gel. We haven't lost a match and supporters never have and never will pick the team.

Booing the team at half time doesn't spur the players on either. We won despite the negativity and it seems those efforts were in vain. 

We are up a division and the team is evolving. It's too soon to be hitting the panic button. 

8 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Players regressing? You'd think Ally was back in charge. The team needs time to gel. We haven't lost a match and supporters never have and never will pick the team.

Booing the team at half time doesn't spur the players on either. We won despite the negativity and it seems those efforts were in vain. 

We are up a division and the team is evolving. It's too soon to be hitting the panic button. 

Fan are entitled to a view as always

Being a division up really doesn't mean that much playing in Scotland, I'm not saying there's no adjustment to be made because the pressure of trying to beat Celtic to a title is there now but we shouldn't exaggerate the step up as a way of excusing poor displays 

11 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

9 of the same players in the last two league games, should already haved gelled.

7 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Wes

Tav

Wallace

Kiernan

Wilson

Haliday

Miller

Mckay

MOH

Forrester

How many of the above have started better than their average performances last season? If not, have they not regressed?

Fuck all to do with any previous manager, especially not that one. Warbuton has ability.

Don't know about the booing, thought at the game it was towards the ref, maybe it wasn't. 

Not hitting panic button but we are already losing ground against a form team that had to integrate a new manager and have had a harder start. Y or N?

12 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Short term points does not equate to long term success. Your hero got us a league season undefeated, look how that panned out.

We were minutes from having only 5 points from 9, from which 2 games were at home against 2 teams likely to be in the bottom 3.

What's to moan about eh?

While there's a bit of satisfaction to be taken from grinding out 6 points from the last 2 games while not being at our best, it's notable to me that the last person to touch the ball before our last 4 goals was an opposition player.

We're going to struggle until we start making a few more clear cut chances.

It's not as though we're missing loads.

12 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

nd nre seems to be a good few pose thmiddleners on here that have already decided Halliday is the new Jig. 

Some of the abuse he and Miller we getting yesterday all through the game was a joke, Miller wain the middle to out wide and HF was IN the middle with AH making runs INto the penalty spot and Miller was getting  grief for not being In beside them, the best was In the first half when the ball came over from the left and KM was at the back post and put a perfect ball across goal at 3ft from the ground waiting to be touched In, these two clowns next to me were giving KM a roasting for not being In the middle to knock It In, when pointed out that It was KM that put the ball Into the area one said" I but If KM wasnt out on the wing someone else like Tav could have crossed It " two minutes later Tav was up and lost the ball and toiled to get back to his possition the two clwns turn on Tav for being too far forward. Fecking mentalists.

32 minutes ago, HG5 said:

While there's a bit of satisfaction to be taken from grinding out 6 points from the last 2 games while not being at our best, it's notable to me that the last person to touch the ball before our last 4 goals was an opposition player.

We're going to struggle until we start making a few more clear cut chances.

It's not as though we're missing loads.

Great point.

Don't boo myself but that first half was flat and ponderous  the only positive (and it is a feature of our play) is that teams tire in the last 15-20mins because of the possession and making teams chase after the ball.

There's another issue though is that week after week we are vulnerable to counter attacks. Personally, I think it's a combination of our shape and the quality of our defenders. Either way, MW can't keeping watching this and not acting.

I don't like saying this but I reckon Warburton's honeymoon is about to end, and very soon. 

8 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Don't boo myself but that first half was flat and ponderous  the only positive (and it is a feature of our play) is that teams tire in the last 15-20mins because of the possession and making teams chase after the ball.

There's another issue though is that week after week we are vulnerable to counter attacks. Personally, I think it's a combination of our shape and the quality of our defenders. Either way, MW can't keeping watching this and not acting.

I don't like saying this but I reckon Warburton's honeymoon is about to end, and very soon. 

I think Warburton's tactics and the game plan got found out in the last third of the season and the confidence he has in his own system has waned, he went out and signed slower more defensive players to try to combat our poor defensive issues rather than tackle the actual defence itself. 

When was the last time we really blew a team away or looked solid at the back its been a while now, With the signings of the slower less mobile players we also seem to have cut our goals scoring opportunities down.

He has to see the problems to fix them but I don't think he does.

22 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If you can equate that to scrambling 3 points at home v Motherwell, scoring with 2 minutes to go, then you're a simpleton.

If we're talking about simpletons try looking in the mirror, it might stop you from posting such negative crap for a while.