Searching for a whipping boy.

The Educator

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've played Hamilton Dundee and Motherwell. 

No exactly Aberdeen Hearts and Cellic. 

Gee it a fucking rest wae this new team nonsense. 9 players who started yesterday started last season, give the tims the edge:lol: Who likewise have 9 players in their team who started last season. 

There isn't time for this bedding in pish when your going for major titles which give you European football. 

Whipping boy? The only two that have pass marks so far are Forrester and Windass.

The rest can be a whipping team because they need to step it up considerably

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I think everyone is pretty fit - and to be honest fitness is NOT going to be what wins us games this season - its just a basic building block and every other team will have players just as fit as ours. 

Where I agree you are right is this search for negativity and a whipping boy - RM is wired into negativity - a lot of the high volume posters seem to equate nit-picking and negativity as supportive. 

We also have a lot of new players, we have stepped up to a different level of opposition and despite all the 'negativity' we are unbeaten after 3 games. But muy goodness folk do like to moan on here.

What you and the rest of the happy clappers seem to miss is that the same problems from last season haven't been addressed. These aren't new problems created from the step up, they have simply been magnified by it. MW keeps banging on about lessons to be learned but we haven't learned from mistakes going back all the way to early last season. We still can't defend cross balls and set pieces effectively, bullied in the air by Scott McFuckingDonald. Failing to spot or track opponents making basic runs and then as if by magic they turn up unmarked in the box. It's excuse after excuse for some on here and the goal posts are constantly moved in their arguments. 

The defensive problems were evident very early on last season and it was the same back four as yesterday, how long do they need to fucking gel ffs? The excuses have gone from "they need time to gel" to "January transfer window will solve it" to "Summer transfer window will solve it" and now we have gone full circle back to "needing time to gel". We had two defensive minded midfielders and one who played DM last season in the midfield yesterday at the expense of creativity and we still looked like a bag of shit at the back. 

Sick and tired of hearing "knee jerk reaction after one bad performance" and similar comments when some of us were discussing these very problems a year ago. I'm not expecting miracles and to cake walk this league, I do however expect to see the team make progress towards addressing these problems, which is most definately not the case.

Niko came on yesterday with 34 mins to go and created 2 goals. We cant be relying on waiting on the 60 minute subs coming on to create chances at Ibrox where we know teams will sit with 10 men behind the ball. Against Dundee they were open from the first minute and we should've been gone by at least 3 goals at half time. At Ibrox I'd rather we started with Niko setting the tempo rather than chasing it in the last 30

I dont see anyone in the team who deserves great crticism, ok maybe the positional sense of the CBs. Halliday has been more than decent and in the games so far has offered far more going forward than our other midfielders......if he is coming in for some flak then its pretty poor from sections of our support.

No whipping boy here. I see a team still learning the system we are playing (we have new players in who need to learn what is required in our system). The defenders have an unusual task compared to normal defending with the 2 centre backs having to cover, start the attack and get up in to the attacking third regularly but no one falls behind them for cover, so it is all on them. Kiernan and Wilson will get it in the neck because of the role they have to play. Midfield and attack have it a bit more straight forward. Our system will always risk that we lose a break away goal because it is very attack minded. Playing against 10 man defences makes it more difficult and we need lots of movement but we need to get the opposition tired by making them chase shadows. I think we will see more games like yesterday if they score first but if we score the opposition needs to come out and give us room to exploit. MW needs to look at the roles of Kiernan and Wilson and adjust it (I would tell them even if we are in the oppositions box they are to stay in the middle of our half to counter the long ball over the top).  

The negativity comes when the bar is set high and so it should be. We are still working the system and I think it will take the best part of a season to master it but it will pay off with entertaining football and wins, with the occasional lose or scrappy win. Throw in players going in and out of form and we have a bit of a roller coaster. Rangers will win the league or just miss out by a whisker because we are playing a type of football that is set up to score goals and the rest appear to be more defensive minded systems. The Tims will look good against teams that sit off them, lets see how they do against a team that will take the ball and pull them all over the park. Our game at the Septic Park will be interesting with a clash of two different systems (I know Brenda is trying to change them) and win, lose or draw we will learn from it. 

We are Rangers, we have high expectations, it means we moan when we don't see it on the field; may it never change as that attitude has been winning stuff for over 140 years and whipping boys are part of that.

2 hours ago, sammy cox said:

The game yesterday will be typical of many games we will see this season especially at Ibrox.The supporters will have to get used to it as this will be the way most teams will play against us.No one at the club has said it will be easy and that we will rattle 4/5 past everyone.As my son says I'm not sure whether it's a compliment to our management that the bar that has been set by some or whether some have set it so high looking for the team to fall.

Ps what about the other fuckwit on the phone in who " went along to see what all the hype was about " another star turn.

The phone-in guy was a tarrier he slipped up a few times by calling us them.

5 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Deserved it but getting it so late is still getting out of jail.

So if we score a second goal in the 75th minute of a game it's ok , but if it's in the 91st it's a bad thing? Personally I don't care when we score the goals as long as we score at least one more than the opposition. In fact if KM pops up in the 91st minute to get us a winner against the mhanks I'll be over the f***king moon. It wasn't that long ago that we were knocking in about four goals a game and some folk were complaining that it lacked excitement.

5 hours ago, ZZed said:

No whipping boy here. I see a team still learning the system we are playing (we have new players in who need to learn what is required in our system). The defenders have an unusual task compared to normal defending with the 2 centre backs having to cover, start the attack and get up in to the attacking third regularly but no one falls behind them for cover, so it is all on them. Kiernan and Wilson will get it in the neck because of the role they have to play. Midfield and attack have it a bit more straight forward. Our system will always risk that we lose a break away goal because it is very attack minded. Playing against 10 man defences makes it more difficult and we need lots of movement but we need to get the opposition tired by making them chase shadows. I think we will see more games like yesterday if they score first but if we score the opposition needs to come out and give us room to exploit. MW needs to look at the roles of Kiernan and Wilson and adjust it (I would tell them even if we are in the oppositions box they are to stay in the middle of our half to counter the long ball over the top).  

The negativity comes when the bar is set high and so it should be. We are still working the system and I think it will take the best part of a season to master it but it will pay off with entertaining football and wins, with the occasional lose or scrappy win. Throw in players going in and out of form and we have a bit of a roller coaster. Rangers will win the league or just miss out by a whisker because we are playing a type of football that is set up to score goals and the rest appear to be more defensive minded systems. The Tims will look good against teams that sit off them, lets see how they do against a team that will take the ball and pull them all over the park. Our game at the Septic Park will be interesting with a clash of two different systems (I know Brenda is trying to change them) and win, lose or draw we will learn from it. 

We are Rangers, we have high expectations, it means we moan when we don't see it on the field; may it never change as that attitude has been winning stuff for over 140 years and whipping boys are part of that.

What is this system you speak of,for the life of me I see only possession for possession's sake and 6 passes when one would be better and all to go sideways and back,tactics seem to be strangers in our plan A mantra.

Again as before we won't be meeting the likes of the three teams we have already met every week.

58 minutes ago, The Educator said:

So if we score a second goal in the 75th minute of a game it's ok , but if it's in the 91st it's a bad thing? Personally I don't care when we score the goals as long as we score at least one more than the opposition. In fact if KM pops up in the 91st minute to get us a winner against the mhanks I'll be over the f***king moon. It wasn't that long ago that we were knocking in about four goals a game and some folk were complaining that it lacked excitement.

Wow. That's a pretty stupid interpretation.

We were utterly shite for 50 mins. Then we improved.  We secured 2 points more with about 120 seconds left. That's good but also fortunate as perhaps another chance wouldnt have come. What that's got to do with taking the lead after 75 minutes is the square root of fuck all.

If anyone scores a winner on the 10th I'll be partying for days. 

If you can equate that to scrambling 3 points at home v Motherwell, scoring with 2 minutes to go, then you're a simpleton.

6 hours ago, RoyalNavyBlue said:

Niko came on yesterday with 34 mins to go and created 2 goals. We cant be relying on waiting on the 60 minute subs coming on to create chances at Ibrox where we know teams will sit with 10 men behind the ball. Against Dundee they were open from the first minute and we should've been gone by at least 3 goals at half time. At Ibrox I'd rather we started with Niko setting the tempo rather than chasing it in the last 30

He not fit enough to play 34minutes never mind starting!

1 hour ago, The Educator said:

If you can't break a team down to go ahead for 90 minutes then inevitably you'll not get that injury time winner much of the time, it's a great way to win but you can't rely on it that often. We never got the winner against Hamilton and we never killed Dundee off in the second half if anything we were clinging on.

9 hours ago, j1mgg said:

Of course you are going to get people moaning and singling people out, we have carried over a lot of problems from last season, we have brought some players in that have pushed regular into positions they don't know.

We have went from getting 20 shots to barely getting any, yet we still spend more than the majority of aides in the league. 

The one good thing I have seen it the players determination to win seems to be there, but I seem to prefer the team we finish with, rather the team that is starting.

We had 18 attempts at goal yesterday. Stop lying.

As usual some people are too sensitive to any sort of questioning of the team and management. I don't think many would realistically expect a finished article by now but we shouldn't let our expectations be too low especially considering we play in Scotland, the standard is dreadful and in the four years we were in the lower leagues it's only got worse. Our squad as it stands without any further additions is miles ahead of every other club apart from the scum in terms of quality not to mention our wage bill, it's not expecting too much for us to play well and win relatively comfortably against these teams most weeks. No team can do it every single week of course but we're three games in and not looked convincing for more than half the match in any of them, 7 points is a pretty fortunate total to have going by the performances

I think Warburton will sort it so it's not like I'm trying to be negative for the sake of it but you need to accept there's a problem to sort in the first place

1 minute ago, left winger said:

The later we score, obviously, the less time the opposition have to reply. With our defence thats no bad thing.

So now it's what we want that we score winners against teams like Well in the 92nd minute?

Alternatively we could go ahead, force them to come out, and exploit space. Maybe even build up goal difference.

Nah, on reflection, that's too positive... 

10 hours ago, The Educator said:

Such a pity that some on here are doing their best to talk players down after only a few games, catch a grip and get behind the team. Anybody who honestly thought we'd be coming in to this league and turning sides over four or five nil were missing the fact that these teams will play harder against us than in any other games they'll play between now and next May. The way this season has been set up was to stop us from bedding in a new team before we play the Mhanks and give them an edge with a team that is a lot more settled.

Until we get everybody fit and get into our stride player performances will vary from game to game. So those who seem to be looking for whipping boy for the season pack it in.

The Educator does a fine job of educating! :D