You win nothing on the cheap mr king.

KingKirk

4 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

isid he not inay he was willing to sign from the first day? 

I hainent a clue mate, the fact IS IT may cost us the title not having someone IN for the first league game IF we miss out by a point at the end of the season then the 4 points we have lost could be costly IN many ways.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, piperpete said:

I hainent a clue mate, the fact IS IT may cost us the title not having someone IN for the first league game IF we miss out by a point at the end of the season then the 4 points we have lost could be costly IN many ways.

Unless we get the defence sorted out we will lose a lot more points ... the truth is this was King's chance to really make himself one of us by getting in the competent centre half that we so badly need and he has blown it

33 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Unless we get the defence sorted out we will lose a lot more points ... the truth is this was King's chance to really make himself one of us by getting in the competent centre half that we so badly need and he has blown it

It could be no one we approached wanted to come to Scotland to play but we will never know unless they tell us.

9 minutes ago, piperpete said:

It could be no one we approached wanted to come to Scotland to play but we will never know unless they tell us.

More likely that the money wasn't right ... with the 2 big clubs back together Scotland isn't without its attractions especially for an up and coming player 

28 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

More likely that the money wasn't right ... with the 2 big clScotlandnbs back together Scotland isn't without its attractions especially for an up and coming player 

Great chance but when player like Bobby Zamora were getting 90k a week what chance do any club IN scotland have of competing If a player they are after Is also wanted by an EPL or championship team.

8 minutes ago, piperpete said:

Great chance but when player like Bobby Zamora were getting 90k a week what chance do any club IN scotland have of competing If a player they are after Is also wanted by an EPL or championship team.

There are always players to be had look at Rossiter for example ... and even when we had the money to spend I would never have thought we could have got a 25yo Brian Laudrup but players circumstances change and despite what a lot will tell you Scottish football isn't a complete desert

32 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

More likely that the money wasn't right ... with the 2 big clScotlandnbs back together Scotland isn't without its attractions especially for an up and coming player 

1 minute ago, piperpete said:

We have no chance, so you go out and find players we can afford. It's called a scouting network. 

Gettng fed up hearing we can't get these players the EPL or Championship pay too much, so what don't shop there then shop where we can attract players to play for what is still a great wage. 

7 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

There are always players to be had look at Rossiter for exasthesad of their players developmenttwo years timenple ... even when we had the money I would never have thought we would have got a 25yo Brian Laudrup but players circumstances change and despite what a ot will tell you Scottish football isn't a complete desert

I agree, players are more agent lead now a days than back then and they go for a quick buck INstead of their players development, I know there will be gems like Rossiter but finding them IS the hard job, his sgent will have worked out a % a sell on transfer fee going to the player when we punt him, I would Imagine IN 18 month to 2 years time making him a very rich young man.

5 minutes ago, piperpete said:

I agree, players are more agent lead now a days than back then and they go for a quick buck INstead of their players development, I know there will be gems like Rossiter but finding them IS the hard job, his sgent will have worked out a % a sell on transfer fee going to the player when we punt him, I would Imagine IN 18 month to 2 years time making him a very rich young man.

If he does the job while here then everyone's a winner 

11 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We have no chance, so you go out and find players we can afford. It's called a scouting network. 

Gettng fed up hearing we can't get these players the EPL or Championship pay too much, so what don't shop there then shop where we can attract players to play for what is still a great wage. 

100% we need to explore the African and Asian markets to get value for money, even Scandinavia as there are deals to be had there.

Just now, piperpete said:

100% we need to explore the African and Asian markets to get value for money, even Scandinavia as there are deals to be had there.

Agreed mate, starting to get a little worried that we only seem to shopping in one place and it's bloody expensive. Hopefully this is just because our scouting network is just getting going and not because we can't be arsed going hunting for talent. 

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Why so the players that have been bought can sit in the stand

something needs to change players or manager. I'd take a stab that no manager could get anymore from these players they simply ain't good enough just now.