You win nothing on the cheap mr king.

KingKirk

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 27 August 2016 at 10:56 AM, BLUEDIGNITY said:

The problems signs in the central defence were there way from last season, and they were flagged up by thousands. But no urgency has been shown by board or management until now which leads me to believe they are happy to accept second best. Unfortunately that mhob qualifying for the cl makes it even worse, they'll have funds enough to win this league at a canter, they won't even bother about results in the cl all they cared about was that cash to strengthen for the spfl to beat us. DK made noises about millions being invested now that is being spun as over so many years and we must have patience blah blah blah. Unfortunately patience is wearing thin as is our want especially as the defence problems were well documented before the season started and beyond and we have a visit to the saviledome imminent, not perfect timing. So it looks like it this could be a watershed moment for DK and indeed MW. Hopefully we get a repeat performance of the sc semi but it's a big ask, time will tell ! :sherlock:

I agree with u mate but I've noticed on here on some occasions and definitely when ur talkin to a fellow supporter about spending money and u question why King hasn't put a few million on transfers u always get the same Shite, "look where spending money got us the last time" or "we don't need money to win this league as Celtic are shite". We need investment in defence big time and if we had a strong  CBs I'd be fairly confident we could do it. I noticed ppl have pointed out that ppl just bring up pre 2012 whenever we want a bit of cash spent. I should've read all the thread b4 posting. DK gets on my tits as he doesn't have the dough the lying poof

3 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

It's not that they are gullible, they have backed him so strongly they can't be seen to be wrong

Entrenched position even when they know he's lied every time his mouth  moves, maybe that what they see in themselves, bullshitters.

All I can say is wow to this thread.

Did anyone else like me come into this season as a realist and realise that we will probably be fighting for 2nd? 

Sure the hope and expectation is there to win every game but looking on this forum far too many  clearly expected it to be like the old days.

Yes we probably have a better squad than just about every other team bar them but the difference in level isn't all that great to negate the fact every team this season will be playing at 1000% as we are back.

Looking back at last season I said to myself that aslong as we are building for the future in the right way and continue to progress then I would be prepared to wait at stopping them aslong as it was before 9IAR.

Sure the start of this season has been dreadful but I really don't think injuries have helped either. Crooks could be the difference at Cb, Windass looks like he could bring drive to the midfield and then Waghorn getting injured hasn't helped either.

Think we need to take stock around Christmas time to realistically see where we are.

14 hours ago, AlCapone said:

remind me of SNP voters

Deluded crackpots that think you can just spend what you like with no comeback? http://m.heraldscotland.com/politics/14709299.Yes_Scotland_admits_it_was___500_000_in_the_red_after_referendum/?ref=rss

You don't do irony eh no?

Listen, many of us only backed Dave King because he was the only alternative to the shower of shite that were running the club into the ground before, he was the better option that much is undeniable. Now if you and smile can offer a better alternative to King then I'm all ears, but all I ever see is moaning and groaning with absolutely no reasonable alternative ever offered, if you have something positive to add then fine. If not you are just howling at the moon, as usual.

1 hour ago, WeDontDoWalkingAway1872 said:

Did anyone else like me come into this season as a realist and realise that we will probably be fighting for 2nd? 

Sure the hope and expectation is there to win every game but looking on this forum far too many  clearly expected it to be like the old days.

Yes we probably have a better squad than just about every other team bar them but the difference in level isn't all that great to negate the fact every team this season will be playing at 1000% as we are back.

Looking back at last season I said to myself that aslong as we are building for the future in the right way and continue to progress then I would be prepared to wait at stopping them aslong as it was before 9IAR.

Sure the start of this season has been dreadful but I really don't think injuries have helped either. Crooks could be the difference at Cb, Windass looks like he could bring drive to the midfield and then Waghorn getting injured hasn't helped either.

Think we need to take stock around Christmas time to realistically see where we are.

In what way are we building for the future?

The future and the aspiration is that we overtake the scum. Like it or not, they are the benchmark. They are as usual cash rich as they have had no opposition for four years and have just received a cash windfall of £30mil and looking like another one on the way, as we are looking like we will not win this league this season, putting us further on the back foot.

The youth in Scotland for a long time now have been a disappointment, so I can't see how that will change any time soon and the 17's just got  pumped 4-0 by Accies.

For us to be successful we need a robust investment strategy and sound well founded support infrastructure. This board need challenged now on how they plan to overhaul the scum. What is their investment strategy? Do they even have one, or is it indeed an exit strategy, in awaiting someone to front up with enough cash to buy them out? Their silence is deafening, as much as our holding them to account is deafening. Without clear objectives and a robust strategy in place, it's all on a wing and a prayer and this will be another season lost and hand the scum a further advantage.

How long we will tolerate being second best or worse, I don't know, but at the minute it's like amateur night at the proms, with all the court cases and litigation and nothing on generating income. Some could think a good deflection strategy in avoiding accountability. Time will tell indeed.

18 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

In what way are we building for the future?

The future and the aspiration is that we overtake the scum. Like it or not, they are the benchmark. They are as usual cash rich as they have had no opposition for four years and have just received a cash windfall of £30mil and looking like another one on the way, as we are looking like we will not win this league this season, putting us further on the back foot.

The youth in Scotland for a long time now have been a disappointment, so I can't see how that will change any time soon and the 17's just got  pumped 4-0 by Accies.

For us to be successful we need a robust investment strategy and sound well founded support infrastructure. This board need challenged now on how they plan to overhaul the scum. What is their investment strategy? Do they even have one, or is it indeed an exit strategy, in awaiting someone to front up with enough cash to buy them out? Their silence is deafening, as much as our holding them to account is deafening. Without clear objectives and a robust strategy in place, it's all on a wing and a prayer and this will be another season lost and hand the scum a further advantage.

How long we will tolerate being second best or worse, I don't know, but at the minute it's like amateur night at the proms, with all the court cases and litigation and nothing on generating income. Some could think a good deflection strategy in avoiding accountability. Time will tell indeed.

We are establishing a football philosophy from top to bottom so that every age group tries to play the same way meaning that hopefully when a young player has the chance to step up to the first team they can slot right in and know exactly what is expected of them. It's quite a shite comparison but Barca basically done the same thing 10-15 years ago and look at the players coming through now. We obviously won't have world class players making the step up but it should be 100x better than what we have been used to. The results in youth football don't really mean anything and it has in my opinion been a negative even from when I was younger. You essentially had all the big strong fast players at u-13 getting picked up by the pro clubs because results mattered then instead of a smaller but more technically gifted being overlooked.

As for investment I agree there should be more dialogue as to what is exactly happening and what the plans are in the future in regards to maximising it. The problem I feel is we should be aiming for self sustainability yet most here are wanting money chucked at it for short term goals.

This season is basically a write off anyway as it was always going to be. We need a solid foundation put it place for next season as I feel that is when the real challenge will start.

This is nonsense, 2nd is last, did you not see that Israeli mob pump them? They are no good, If you are really happy at them winning the next few titles as long as they don't reach 10, then that's mental.  King promised 40 million when he came into power, no one put those words in his mouth, he volunteered them.  Just over 2 days for him to deliver 2 quality centre backs

Club staff, players, coaches and directors built up the idea of putting in an immediate challenge so you can't blame fans for expecting that

I knew it could well be a challenge too far to win it at our first attempt back but I'd have hoped the challenge wouldn't seem to be petering out so early (although if the next three games go well that could look different) 

Disagree with the idea about 'fighting for 2nd though', with our resources we should be finishing 2nd comfortably and I can't see a scenario where finishing below 2nd could be considered acceptable 

ffs yet another thread asking King wheres the millions.How many threads are there going to be asking the same question.When will some get it into their heads we don't have millions upon millions.We don't have some Rangers mad billionaire looking to throw his millions into the club.Ive not read anywhere where anyone has a solution other than slate King and the board for a lack of investment.No one with real money is interested in investing in the back water that is Scottish football.The sooner some get that into their heads the better.We are where we are end of.If the shareholders think that King and co are doing  a bad job then those same shareholders can also vote him off the board as these were the people who put him on the board.He is first and foremost  a business man,just like the rest and I say yet again business men are in the business of making money not losing money.The sooner this is taken on board the better. I am no lover of any of these people neither King,Ashley or Murray but it is a business and unless someone on here knows a multi millionaire who is willing to throw his money down the drain and spend millions on players and wages to beat or maybe beat teams put together for two bob then it looks like we are where we are.Deal with it instead of bringing up the same old questions time and time again.

48 minutes ago, WeDontDoWalkingAway1872 said:

We are establishing a football philosophy from top to bottom so that every age group tries to play the same way meaning that hopefully when a young player has the chance to step up to the first team they can slot right in and know exactly what is expected of them. It's quite a shite comparison but Barca basically done the same thing 10-15 years ago and look at the players coming through now. We obviously won't have world class players making the step up but it should be 100x better than what we have been used to. The results in youth football don't really mean anything and it has in my opinion been a negative even from when I was younger. You essentially had all the big strong fast players at u-13 getting picked up by the pro clubs because results mattered then instead of a smaller but more technically gifted being overlooked.

As for investment I agree there should be more dialogue as to what is exactly happening and what the plans are in the future in regards to maximising it. The problem I feel is we should be aiming for self sustainability yet most here are wanting money chucked at it for short term goals.

This season is basically a write off anyway as it was always going to be. We need a solid foundation put it place for next season as I feel that is when the real challenge will start.

We still need investment and a better standard of player to implement a decent footballing philosophy.

It is a good ethos Warburton has, in principle, but you can't do it with under-investing and sub-standard players. This is where we are failing.

30 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

ffs yet another thread asking King wheres the millions.How many threads are there going to be asking the same question.When will some get it into their heads we don't have millions upon millions.We don't have some Rangers mad billionaire looking to throw his millions into the club.Ive not read anywhere where anyone has a solution other than slate King and the board for a lack of investment.No one with real money is interested in investing in the back water that is Scottish football.The sooner some get that into their heads the better.We are where we are end of.If the shareholders think that King and co are doing  a bad job then those same shareholders can also vote him off the board as these were the people who put him on the board.He is first and foremost  a business man,just like the rest and I say yet again business men are in the business of making money not losing money.The sooner this is taken on board the better. I am no lover of any of these people neither King,Ashley or Murray but it is a business and unless someone on here knows a multi millionaire who is willing to throw his money down the drain and spend millions on players and wages to beat or maybe beat teams put together for two bob then it looks like we are where we are.Deal with it instead of bringing up the same old questions time and time again.

1- We will hopefully ask the same questions until we get the investment. Or is King unaccountable or something? I thought the promise made by the fans groups was that from now on everyone would be under scrutiny?

2- Why don't we have millions? he said it was easier for him to lose 30 million than it was for some fans to afford a season ticket. His kids inheritance he said. What's happened to all this?

It's strange that you only see people ranting and raving about King and the board on internet forums. 

Maybe if the people that feel so strongly about how terribly the board are running the club actually done something about other than whining online things might change for them. 

8 minutes ago, Lidl said:

It's strange that you only see people ranting and raving about King and the board on internet forums. 

Maybe if the people that feel so strongly about how terribly the board are running the club actually done something about other than whining online things might change for them. 

So let me guess this straight, you can't talk about King's failed promises and lack of investment on a Rangers fans forum unless you want to go out and do something about it? - we aren't all protesting manaics.

I'd rather not drag the clubs name through the mud, start confrontation, fights and fall-out's all because I don't like the person in charge. Our best bet is hoping that something changes soon. A light goes on in the heads of people that do matter like the fans groups or the manager himself. I don't like the fans groups but you've seen first hand when they rally their voice can get heard - which makes it even more frustrating they never said a word about that thief McCoist or hold the club to account over their treatment of the fans and failure to defend the club. Awk well ... maybe one day....

1 hour ago, simplythebest said:

Club staff, players, coaches and directors built up the idea of putting in an immediate challenge so you can't blame fans for expecting that

I knew it could well be a challenge too far to win it at our first attempt back but I'd have hoped the challenge wouldn't seem to be petering out so early (although if the next three games go well that could look different) 

Disagree with the idea about 'fighting for 2nd though', with our resources we should be finishing 2nd comfortably and I can't see a scenario where finishing below 2nd could be considered acceptable 

And yet the budget says differently, we are not challenging for first in a budgetary sense, and we look as if we are building for the long term; which I agree with on the whole. You make a good point about being at least second, which I agree with, it is the least we should expect.

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

And yet the budget says differently, we are not challenging for first in a budgetary sense, and we look as if we are building for the long term; which I agree with on the whole. You make a good point about being at least second, which I agree with, it is the least we should expect.

We've spent less than them but they haven't exactly gone mad and they're deluded if they think all that CL money is going on players. I think we've made some good signings without the need for massive transfer fees (although the players largely still need to step up) but we could have done with spending a bit more especially on the defence.  

It's a difficult one, I agree with building for the long term but I don't think that has to be at complete sacrifice of short term success as well, not when we're playing in Scotland and the standard has only got much worse while we've been away.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

We still need investment and a better standard of player to implement a decent footballing philosophy.

It is a good ethos Warburton has, in principle, but you can't do it with under-investing and sub-standard players. This is where we are failing.

Bang on!

Just now, simplythebest said:

We've spent less than them but they haven't exactly gone mad and they're deluded if they think all that CL money is going on players. I think we've made some good signings without the need for massive transfer fees (although the players largely still need to step up) but we could have done with spending a bit more especially on the defence.  

It's a difficult one, I agree with building for the long term but I don't think that has to be at complete sacrifice of short term success as well, not when we're playing in Scotland and the standard has only got much worse while we've been away.

It's arguable that their starting position was a lot better than ours, with the number of players we have had to replace and yet our budget still being very much lower. I don't think building for the long term has to be in terms of sacrificing anything though, but the object being to build for the long term that benefits Rangers. There are fundamental practices that we are undertaking, especially when it comes to Auchenhowie, and that has to be a good thing. Warburton also appears to be working in the long term with the squad in terms of building principles that will hopefully be a long term endeavour as well.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

The problem is that we play in a terrible league in a small country that only people in Scotland are interested in. We literally can't drain any more resources from Scotland.

The standard will continue to drop and drop, the interest in the league will continue to dwindle and it will get to the point where we are competing for players with English league one sides as the money continues to pour in down south. 

Having an ethos is a sign that we are at least trying something different as I feel in 10 years time we will far more reliant on our own youth as we are just now.