I love Rangers

Alendrin

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Before a ball was kicked this season everyone thought we would be challenging Celtic for the title.  Now an increasing number of folk are assuming this 'it was always going to be unrealistic' stance.  It's easy to change your position after the fact.  Utter nonsense being spouted either way.

The coaches, players, directors and the club in general all built up the expectation of a proper challenge, if I remember right 'going for 55' was used as a tagline during season ticket sale time. Doubt anyone thought that challenge would be easy but it seems a bit revisionist to now say that a challenge was never realistic in the first place

Not entirely sure what the fuck is going on in this thread but isn't it true that we have the second highest wage bill in Scotland? Isn't it true that we have a highly rated manager who was operating in the upper reaches of the English championship. Isn't it true that we are the largest support in the country. Hasn't our manager had a year to build his own squad. 

I don't think there are many excuses left  for the Kilmarnock performance. Hamilton can be put down to opening night nerves but there is going to have to be a massive improvement on the 10th September 

2 hours ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Was thinking kinda the same after I came to terms with Fridays result. We should be expecting to beat Hamilton and killie but it's 10 new signings in a new league with no preseason. W & W need time. Which is of the essence at a club like rangers.

Patience guys it will click soon.

10 new players didn't start. It's been 7 or 8 or so of last season's players in the league to date. They have let us and themselves down.

We did have a pre season. We flew to the USA for 1 game remember?.  If we didn't fancy the league cup schedule the under 20s could have been played if the first team needed more challenging games. Like ehm Burnley again.

It may well click soon but it will likely be too late for us this season.

But I fear it'll only click if more pacey penetrative players are (re)introduced like waggy Holt Windass. For that to happen the favourites like Miller or Barton would need dropped. And I don't see that happening.

We have 2 weeks to sort it but the players are off til Thursday. Madness. 

So much good from last season seems so alien to us this season so far. And I'm not sure it'll get fixed any time soon.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

10 new players didn't start. It's been 7 or 8 or so of last season's players in the league to date. They have let us and themselves down.

We did have a pre season. We flew to the USA for 1 game remember?.  If we didn't fancy the league cup schedule the under 20s could have been played if the first team needed more challenging games. Like ehm Burnley again.

It may well click soon but it will likely be too late for us this season.

But I fear it'll only click if more pacey penetrative players are (re)introduced like waggy Holt Windass. For that to happen the favourites like Miller or Barton would need dropped. And I don't see that happening.

We have 2 weeks to sort it but the players are off til Thursday. Madness. 

So much good from last season seems so alien to us this season so far. And I'm not sure it'll get fixed any time soon.

All valid points mate but even tho most of them didn't start it seems like the group have been disrupted. Warbs doesn't know which players play best in which position, or with whom due to having worked preseason games which were non competitive. Barton is a quality player but needs to adjust to the system, this won't happen unless he gets practice in it which is the same for most of the new guys.  

Teams also know how to play against us. Warbs needs to either learn how to get the best from the squad to outplay the opposition or counter it. 

My views, which I expect to get slated as usual are that we have a fair few good players who are not on form and more importantly are not playing well together as a team yet.  Something just hasn't clicked with this group and with the exception of maybe 30 mins of Dundee game I have not enjoyed much of what I have seen. The young fast hungry play has gone and what has replaced it is far too easily read and dealt with by very average opposition.  

And before anyone says it yes I know we are second and haven't lost a game yet but drawing against Accies and a 10 man Kilmarnock is not what I want to travel 400 miles to see . 

I hope things improve quickly

2 minutes ago, BluebearDory said:

My views, which I expect to get slated as usual are that we have a fair few good players who are not on form and more importantly are not playing well together as a team yet.  Something just hasn't clicked with this group and with the exception of maybe 30 mins of Dundee game I have not enjoyed much of what I have seen. The young fast hungry play has gone and what has replaced it is far too easily read and dealt with by very average opposition.  

And before anyone says it yes I know we are second and haven't lost a game yet but drawing against Accies and a 10 man Kilmarnock is not what I want to travel 400 miles to see . 

I hope things improve quickly

And why would you get slated for that? Pretty spot on imo 

10 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

All valid points mate but even tho most of them didn't start it seems like the group have been disrupted. Warbs doesn't know which players play best in which position, or with whom due to having worked preseason games which were non competitive. Barton is a quality player but needs to adjust to the system, this won't happen unless he gets practice in it which is the same for most of the new guys.  

Teams also know how to play against us. Warbs needs to either learn how to get the best from the squad to outplay the opposition or counter it. 

The system needed tweaked with a combative defensive CM who would sit in and allow the fullbacks to get forward.

Last season, whilst some midfielders could mix it, the emphasis was on attacking players. Normally 6 or 7 of 11 were offensively minded.

Now we have 2CDMs and full backs who seem far more restrained. So 6 or 7 are defensively minded. And our CF is more often than not anywhere except CF.

And we wonder why it's not working.

Preseason schedules, new players, lack of funds, even new managers for some teams. Every team has to deal with it all. We have dealt with it badly thus far. And repeated the same mistakes each week.

It wasn't good enough day 1 and it's not good enough 4 weeks on.

3 hours ago, Alendrin said:

hamilton,killie!!!??... we struggled against falkirk, raith, hibs?....we can't just assume we were gonna walk over the opposition without spending money, ill happily back warburton for the next 2 years, hopefully with some investment

investment from Mini and King, can't spend, Won't spend.  Not holding my breath.

Agree with the sentiment though and I think when this squad clicks we will win most games, just hope we are not too far behind at that point.

A good CD (or 2) and stop the 4-3-3. Drop the under-performers and get right intae them. Stop friggin dithering about and up the tempo. You don't need to chop someone down in a tackle so don't keep thinking we need hard nuts in the middle of the park. We need ball players and guys who can chase and close down runners.

Agree with Siddiqi that when we click there will be little between us and them irrespective of how much money they have or who they have signed. There's a fag paper of difference between us, and the determined skilfull team will beat the average shit we have in this league.