I love Rangers

Alendrin

hi guys, i don't post often on here, i read alot though...some fans seem to forget what we have come through to get back into the top flight, it was awful...

we stumbled to victory to victory in the lower divisions under mccoist, last season with warburton was awesome but it was the championship, which led to an increased expectation that we were gonna challenge the scum, both in the way we were playing and how badly they were, not working out that way thus far, yes we are not as good as i thought we were gonna be...but am i the only guy that thinks it would take a couple of seasons to challenge in the first place?

We should easily be hammering the likes of Hamilton and Killie with the squad we have. Dropping 4 points already to weak teams is unacceptable. 

Regardless of our chance to win the league first time round, we should be sitting on 12 points right now. 

The only positive is that some players will be found out who aren't fit to wear the Rangers jersey at this level. 

Obviously we want to challenge and not be a potential 1 point or a massive 7 points behind by mid-September. The football being played at present is the opposite of what was served up on Warburton's arrival that is the main reason for the discontent it's went from fast and exciting to slow and ponderous. imho

10 minutes ago, Alendrin said:

hi guys, i don't post often on here, i read alot though...some fans seem to forget what we have come through to get back into the top flight, it was awful...

we stumbled to victory to victory in the lower divisions under mccoist, last season with warburton was awesome but it was the championship, which led to an increased expectation that we were gonna challenge the scum, both in the way we were playing and how badly they were, not working out that way thus far, yes we are not as good as i thought we were gonna be...but am i the only guy that thinks it would take a couple of seasons to challenge in the first place?

Was thinking kinda the same after I came to terms with Fridays result. We should be expecting to beat Hamilton and killie but it's 10 new signings in a new league with no preseason. W & W need time. Which is of the essence at a club like rangers.

Patience guys it will click soon.

10 minutes ago, dogtanian said:

I think we can challenge this season no problem if we get a half decent centre half that's all we are missing 

Partly what we are missing.Would also say our goals scored compared to chances created is awful.Really need a forward with the savvy and composure to get on the end of these chances.

Defence needs sorting pronto,has for God knows how long now,but our forward line needs to take a long hard look at themselves as well.

11 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

We should easily be hammering the likes of Hamilton and Killie with the squad we have. Dropping 4 points already to weak teams is unacceptable. 

Regardless of our chance to win the league first time round, we should be sitting on 12 points right now. 

The only positive is that some players will be found out who aren't fit to wear the Rangers jersey at this level. 

hamilton,killie!!!??... we struggled against falkirk, raith, hibs?....we can't just assume we were gonna walk over the opposition without spending money, ill happily back warburton for the next 2 years, hopefully with some investment

Nah I'm sorry I keep hearing this talking about the shite times under McCoist and it's true but we can't use this to excuse current failures.

I don't do my perspective this way. We should always want to be doing better.

I didn't think it would take a few years to compete either. I always said with a wee bit of investment (investment that's not happened yet) then we should compete just fine.

It will be interesting to see what the excuses will be next season if we are still putting together a team of freebies and English lower league players.

At some point we need to spend. Spend wisely that is. We need to get back into the Champions League group stages. The taigs have just got 20 odd million there. We can't have these financial gaps forever. In fact every 1 single season they are in it that we aren't damages us more than people think.

Just now, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Partly what we are missing.Would also say our goals scored compared to chances created is awful.Really need a forward with the savvy and composure to get on the end of these chances.

Defence needs sorting pronto,has for God knows how long now,but our forward line needs to take a long hard look at themselves as well.

I agree the centre half positions is a must imo I would say we need two. Hopefully Garner can step up to the plate and Waghorn coming back from injury only helps things

24 minutes ago, Alendrin said:

No, you're not the only guy to think that.  However that won't go down well on here.........

Before a ball was kicked this season everyone thought we would be challenging Celtic for the title.  Now an increasing number of folk are assuming this 'it was always going to be unrealistic' stance.  It's easy to change your position after the fact.  Utter nonsense being spouted either way.

I can't believe some people on here are writing us off after only 3 league games. There is still a lot of football to be played yet and nobody has won anything. I accept we haven't played our best and the defence is a cause for concern but there is still a long way to go.

12 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Think that's one of the problemo's - they're all busy looking at themselves.

we will improve, no doubt...guess i have just mellowed as ive aged, actually cut my arm in a drunken rage when motherwell beat us with andy dibble in goals, we won the league the following week, brian laudrup header, tore a strip off my back when hearts put us to the sword, cunt scored a hatrick, i love football but now i don't control me, now i find it hard to get angry about a result that i have no control over...rather get drunk and shag!

9 minutes ago, Alendrin said:

we will improve, no doubt...guess i have just mellowed as ive aged, actually cut my arm in a drunken rage when motherwell beat us with andy dibble in goals, we won the league the following week, brian laudrup header, tore a strip off my back when hearts put us to the sword, cunt scored a hatrick, i love football but now i don't control me, now i find it hard to get angry about a result that i have no control over...rather get drunk and shag!

Priorities come with age mate - it was only yesterday morning when me & the mrs finished having sex; my neighbours stopped to have a cigarette.

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Naw. 

I don't theres that much of a gap in quality between our squad and the taigs to not be putting up a title challenge this year. Our tactics have just been pish so far

quality isnt the problem, the manager knows the defence is shit, so he offfered it more protection, didn't work, boyd through ball tells you that, i reckon regardless of his stalwart 433, we will see a big improvement next game

12 minutes ago, Alendrin said:

quality isnt the problem, the manager knows the defence is shit, so he offfered it more protection, didn't work, boyd through ball tells you that, i reckon regardless of his stalwart 433, we will see a big improvement next game

We will see an improvement because the taigs will attack us and we won't have to try break down an entire team defending. 

If you're talking about the friendly against Linfield as the next game then I'd be fucking horrified if we didn't see a visable improvement