ian ferguson

torquay gers

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Aye mate I remember that. Spent a fair bit of time in Australia over the years, got family in Byron bay and Brisbane, although it's two years since my last visit. 

Nothing much changes in Byron Bay these days mate! I remember Byron Bay before it became famous as a surfer venue and then the Hippy Aquarius Festival in 1973 at Nimbin really put Byron Bay on the Tourist map. Byron Bay is a great place, but I'm never too keen on Brissie.

4 hours ago, Coplandrear25 said:

Last seen selling replica football shirts in the Forge Market.

I remember hearing something about that. Did he not own an indoor market stall and he was charged with selling stolen gear, but the charges were dropped?

13 hours ago, Fred H Crawford said:

A very underrated player at times , was also unlucky with injuries usually at a time when he was in top form . His attitude in the big games ,especially against the tarriers was what I love to see from our players . 

He agreed to attend a POTY dance our RSC had , and when asked what we could get him as a memento , he asked if a gold RFC would be ok . We were all proud when the photos from the pre-season training showed him wearing the gift . A proud Bear and credit to the Club .

Ive been fortunate enough to meet him a few times,  its a measure of the man that stories like this dont surprise me one bit. Great guy and hugely underrated player. 

I laugh every time I hear poor wee Lewis MacLeod say how the board forced him to leave his beloved Rangers. If he lives till he's a thousand he'll never have half the passion Fergie has for us. A true blue who knew exactly how big an honour it was to play at ibrox and who never gave less than everything. 

I remember Ian sitting stretched out,wearing a baseball cap at the top table in a Q&A session with the fans at a NARSA Convention in Vegas,

Sammy Cox was at the other end of the table and looked over to Ian and said "I don't know who you are son but if you're here representing Rangers then take that hat off and sit up on your seat"

Humbled!

14 hours ago, ianferguson said:

I laugh every time I hear poor wee Lewis MacLeod say how the board forced him to leave his beloved Rangers. If he lives till he's a thousand he'll never have half the passion Fergie has for us. A true blue who knew exactly how big an honour it was to play at ibrox and who never gave less than everything. 

That kid was so over-rated it was unbelievable. I wish him all the best, nothing against him but the way our fans put him right up there was surreal.

Maybe because it was really bad and dark times, the first bit of light we latch onto and hold him in higher regard or something? ...

19 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I remember hearing something about that. Did he not own an indoor market stall and he was charged with selling stolen gear, but the charges were dropped?

There is more than one Ian (Iain) Ferguson that played with us.  , the striker bought from Dundee was imo a cracking player as well, I am sure he was involved in sports shops.

4 hours ago, pcbear said:

There is more than one Ian (Iain) Ferguson that played with us.  , the striker bought from Dundee was imo a cracking player as well, I am sure he was involved in sports shops.

Posted yesterday at 09:30 PM · Report post

On 02/09/2016 at 9:23 PM, My Fathers Scarf said:

Seem to remember another ian fergusson played for us as centre forward. Blonde haired. Don't know if they ever appeared in the same team.

Edit

Posted yesterday at 09:33 PM · Report post

On 02/09/2016 at 9:30 PM, Ozblue said:

That was Iain Ferguson,Mate.....He played for us in 1984 which was years before Ian Ferguson.

You're obviously not following the thread,pcbear......Keep up Son :pipe: only joking mate! :D

On Thursday, September 01, 2016 at 11:31 PM, falkirkNS said:

The same Fergie who stood behind me at tynecastle around 2001 with aw his pals giving it laldy, my kinda player, died in wool blue.

Used to see Fergie and Ian Durrant at the big walk in Glasgow every year 

On 1 September 2016 at 10:54 PM, AlCapone said:

Ian Ferguson is an utter legend, end of story. Class from head to toe

C

On 2 September 2016 at 11:47 AM, Copland bear said:

Di Canio forgets Fergie grew up in the fucking area, Snapped him in half? He would have murdered the cunt. 

Notice how Fergie was not in any celebrations as he was down the tunnel waiting on the can't and got dragged into our changing rooms by our back room staff. 

Got hounded out of Scotland by dare I say it sectarian activity by them all forgotten now